GCET 2020: Application, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
GCET 2020 will be conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Goa. It is a state level entrance exam which is conducted for various professional degree programmes. The admission will be offered on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam. Candidates will able to get admission in the state government/aided engineering colleges of Goa state. Candidates those seeking admissions to MBBS, BDS, BHMS (Homeopathy), BAMS (Ayurveda), Allied Health Sciences (Paramedical), & B.Sc. in Nursing courses have to appear and qualify NEET UG. To get complete information regarding GCET 2020, candidates should go through this article.
GCET 2020 Exam Dates
Here, candidates can check the tentative schedule for GCET 2020. The official schedule will be updated soon after released by the official authority.
|Releasing of application form||1st week of April|
|Last date to submit form||Last week of April|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of April|
|GCET Exam Date||1st week of May|
|Availability of answer key||3rd week of May|
|Declaration of result||4th week of May|
|Commencement of counselling||Last week of May|
GCET 2020 Application Form
Candidates are advised to fill the application form with utmost care within the stipulated time period. Go through the application details given below to fill the application form.
- Candidates have to download and print the application form to fill.
- Candidates have to fill the application form in their own handwriting. No online mode will be available to fill and submit the form.
- The application form should be submitted at notified locations as per Centre opted, on specified dates along with prescribed fee.
- The GCET 2020 application form will be started from first week of April 2020.
- Late forms will be accepted with additional late fee of Rs. 1500/– till scheduled date.
- Application forms cannot not be accepted after the last date specified for submission of late forms.
- Candidates have to fill all the asked details in the application form and select the examination center also.
- The application form will be accepted only on payment of the application fee.
- The application fee will be Rs. 2000/-.
- It can be submitted in the form of demand draft drawn in favour of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji, Goa, on any Scheduled Bank.
The candidates those desirous of taking admission trough GCET 2020, should fulfill the eligibility criteria given below:
- Nationality: Candidates of Indian national.
- NRI: Non-resident Indians holding Indian passport can also apply for seats reserved under NRI quota. OCI/PIO can also apply under this category.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates those have already passed/have appeared, or are appearing at 12th Science or equivalent examination, before the start of the academic session, are eligible to apply.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates should have secured 45% for general & 40% for reserved categories.
- Subjects: English, Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects with additional subject among one of them Biotechnology/Computer Science/Biology/Chemistry.
- Score Card: Candidates desirous of seeking admissions to Degree Courses in Architecture must appear and have a valid score in NATA 2020.
GCET Exam Pattern
Go through the GCET exam pattern to appear in the written test:
- Mode: The exam will be conducted through offline mode (OMR).
- Duration: To complete the whole exam, 2 hours will be allotted to the candidates.
- Number of Questions: Each paper will consist of 75 questions.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions will be asked in the exam.
- Marking Scheme: Correct answer will carry one mark for each question.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for wrong/multiple answers.
- Candidates seeking admissions only to Pharmacy Course need not appear in Mathematics subject at GCET.
|Subjects||Maximum Marks||No. of Questions|
The syllabus for GCET will be based on the syllabus prescribed by the Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education, Porvorim. Standard 12th (Science) subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics will be included in the syllabus. The official authority will also provide the complete syllabus along with the information brochure.
Here, we have given some preparation tips for the candidates to appear and qualify the entrance exam.
- Make a proper study time table and follow it regularly.
- Follow the good study material and study the official syllabus only.
- Go through previous year question papers and practice various mock tests.
- Make short notes after you studied on a daily basis and do revision of that.
- Prepare as per the exam pattern and syllabus of the entrance exam.
- Make your health good and eat healthy food.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
GCET 2020 Hall Ticket
To obtain the admit card candidates have to submit the three identical photographs as indicated, and other specified certificates (self attested photo copies) to the Admission Committee. Admit cards will be issued only to candidates in person.
The GCET 2020 admit card will be available from the first week of April till the closing date of the application form. Candidates have to produce ‘Photo Admit Card’ for appearing in the test at the exam centre.
GCET 2020 Result
GCET 2020 result will be available on website and on Notice Board at DTE. No individual score card will be issued to any candidate. Merit list for all offered courses will be based only on GCET score.
The authority will declare the result in the third week of May 2020 through online mode. There will be no provision for verification/revaluation of ORS. The official authority will also release the answer key in the third week of May 2020. Candidates can check the answer key and calculate the expected marks.
GCET 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of written exam result, candidates have to submit the admission form to participate in the counselling. The admission form will be issued at the time of declaration of result. Candidates can get it through official website. The counselling will be commenced from the last week of May 2020.
After submitting the admission form, candidates will be called for the counselling. Candidates have to verify their required original documents for availing the seat.
The admission will be strictly offered on the basis of candidate’s marks obtained in the GCET exam. For final admission, candidates have to submit the admission fee to the admission committee.
If you have any other queries about GCET 2020, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.