AIBE 2023: Registration, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Pattern, Syllabus
AIBE 2023 will be conducted in the month of March 2023. AIBE stands for All India Bar Examination. It is conducted every year to examine advocates’ capability to practice the profession of Law in India. AIBE is the national-level entrance exam which is conducted by BCI or Bar Council of India. AIBE is the examination apt for fetching the ‘Certificate of Practice’ for carrying out the legal profession.
The candidates who pass the entrance test with qualifying marks are awarded the practice certificate by Bar Council of India. The examination will be conducted in 40 different cities located in India. The examination is conducted by offline mode. To participate in the examination candidates, need to fill out the application form for which the registrations will start from December 2022. In this article we have provided all the information regarding AIBE 2023 related to application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
AIBE 2023 Highlights:
|Exam Name||AIBE 2023|
|Full-Form of Exam||All India Bar Examination|
|Type of Exam||UG & PG Law|
|Exam Level||National level|
|Courses Offered||Law courses|
|Conducting Body||Bar Council of India|
|Mode of Application Form||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (P&PT)|
AIBE 2023 Exam Dates
Check below AIBE Exam dates for various events in the below given table:
|Events||Dates 2023 (Tentative)|
|Online Registration date Starts||Last week of December 2022|
|Payment through bank challan||December/ January 2023|
|Online Registration closes||2nd/ 3rd week of January 2023|
|Last date of Payment||Last week of January 2023|
|Admit Card availability||2nd/ 3rd week of February 2023|
|Examination date||1st/ 2nd week of March 2023|
AIBE 2023 Application Form
Following are the details regarding the AIBE 2023 application form for entrance examination:
- The AIBE 2023 application form will be available in the online mode.
- The application form will be released in December 2022 on the website.
- Candidates have to provide their complete details in application form such as personal details, qualification, communication, etc.
- There will be various steps in the registration process such as – Online registration, filing of application details, uploading of images, fee payment & printing of the form.
- Candidates must fill out their application form before the last date of form submission which is expected till third week of January 2023.
- Complete details in the application must be filled correctly as it may lead to rejection later in case of any discrepancy in form.
- To complete the application form process students are required to pay the fee of the form through online mode.
- Printout of the application form must be taken after submission for future reference.
- The application fee will be non-refundable.
- For General/ OBC Candidates, the fee will be Rs. 3560.
- For ST/SC candidates, the fee will be Rs. 2560.
- Candidates can make payment of the application fee by online and offline mode. Offline mode payment can be done through SBI Challan method.
AIBE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Following is the AIBE eligibility criteria for the examination:
- Nationality: Applying candidates must be Indian Nationals.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have completed 3 years or 5 years of LLB Degree from BCI recognized law school.
- Minimum Marks or Age limit: There is no minimum marks set or age limit prescribed to be eligible for AIBE.
- Enrollment with State Bar Council: To appear in AIBE examination, make sure that the candidate is enrolled in the State Bar of Council. He/ she must have advocate enrollment card which will be issued via State Bar Council.
AIBE 2023 Exam Pattern
Check complete AIBE exam structure in the below given section:
- Mode of Exam: The test will be conducted in offline mode. The candidate is required to mark the answer on the OMR Sheet.
- Type of Questions: The type of question in the paper will be Multiple choice type.
- Number of Questions: There will be 100 questions in the question paper.
- Language of Paper: The paper will be present in 11 different languages and the candidates can choose any one out of mentioned languages.
- Exam Duration: The duration of exam will be 3 hours & 30 minutes to solve the paper.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Subjects: The question paper will consist of questions from 20 different subjects. The subjects will be divided into various categories such as Category I, and Category II. Each subject of category I consisted of 7 questions, in Category II, subjects will consist of 23 questions in all. 23 questions consisted of part 2 includes questions from 5 subjects of Category II.
Check below the topic/ subject wise distribution of marks in the below-given table:
|Subject/ Topic||Number of Questions|
|IPC (Indian Penal Code)||8|
|CPC (Code of Civil Procedure)||10|
|Cr. P.C (Criminal Procedure Code)||10|
|Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act||4|
|Public Interest Litigation||4|
|Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional|
Misconduct under BCI rules
|Labour & Industrial Laws||4|
|Law related to Taxation||4|
|Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Act and Consumer Protection Law||5|
|Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws, Negotiable Instrument Act||8|
|Intellectual Property Laws||2|
|Land Acquisition act||2|
AIBE 2023 Syllabus
Following is the AIBE syllabus discussed for the examination. Students must go through it completely before setting their preparation routine:
- Subjects such as Constitutional Law having 10 questions, I.P.C (Indian Penal Code) with 8 questions, Cr. P.C (Criminal Procedure Code) with 10 questions, C.P.C (Code of Civil procedure) with 10 questions
- Evidence Act has 8 questions, Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act has 4 questions, Family Law with 8 questions, Public Interest Litigation with 4 questions
- Administrative Law with 3 questions, Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules with 4 questions, Company Law with 2 questions, Environmental Law with 2 questions, Cyberlaw for 2 questions
- Labor + Industrial Law for 4 questions, Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Accidents and Consumer Protection Law for 5 questions, Law Related to Taxation with 4 questions
- Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Prop Laws, Spl Contract N.I Ac for 8 questions, Land Acquisition Act for 2 questions, and last Intellectual Property Laws for 2 questions
AIBE Preparation Tips
Following are some AIBE preparation tips that can be followed by the students and score well in the exam:
- Candidates must go through the complete syllabus and exam pattern of AIBE before starting their preparation.
- Make a proper study routine and schedule their study time accordingly.
- Go through the complete details of the AIBE exam in the provided handbooks & through other online/ offline modes.
- Take mock test and solve previous year question papers or sample papers for better practise.
- Study from recommended books only and the study materials, videos, etc.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
AIBE 2023 Admit Card
Candidates will be able to download the AIBE admit card by online mode. The link will be provided online on the website for downloading the admit card. In case of any discrepancy in hall tickets, students must contact authority before the exam date.
Admit cards will not be sent to the candidates through post or any other offline mode. The admit card will be released in 2nd/ 3rd week of February 2023. Candidate must carry their admit cards with id proof on the day of examination.
AIBE 2023 Answer Key
The AIBE Answer key will be released by BCI for various sets/ papers through online mode. The provisional answer key will be released first on the website. Candidates, in case find any discrepancy in key, they can submit objections with proof.
The final answer key will be announced by the authority on the website after reviewing the objections. With the help of the answer key, candidates will be able to know correct answers to the questions & calculate their probable scores in the exam.
AIBE 2023 Result
The AIBE 2023 Result will be announced by the authority by online mode. The results can be checked through online mode on the website of the authority.
The result can be checked by the students by submitting their roll number/ registration number/ Mobile number and date of birth. Only the students who qualifies the exam with cut off marks will be awarded the CoP by the Council.
AIBE Cut Off
Students in the AIBE exam must secure the cut off marks to be able to considered qualified, for obtaining CoP. The minimum qualifying marks for clearing AIBE are discussed below as per previous year trends –
|Category||Minimum marks (out of 100)||Minimum passing marks|
|ST/ SC candidates||35||35%|
AIBE 2023 Certificate
The COP “Certificate of Practice” will be offered to the candidates who will successfully qualify the AIBE 2023 exam. After getting the certificate of Law, candidates will be able to practice law at any court in India.
The certificate of law can be collected by the candidates at their respective state bar councils. The certificate of law will be released online mode by the COB. The certificate will be obtained by the candidates from the states – of Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Odisha, Jharkhand.
If you have any other query related to AIBE 2023, you can ask your query in comments section given below.