AP ECET 2020: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Exam Pattern
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantapur organizes the entrance test of AP ECET 2020 on the behalf of APSCHE. This state level entrance exam is conducted for Diploma holders of Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and B.Sc Graduates to offer admission into lateral entry admission in B.Tech, B.E and B.Pharmacy programmes. Candidates qualifying the entrance exam successfully are provided admission in AICTE/PCI approved colleges/institutions located in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Through this article, we have provided complete details related to AP ECET 2020.
AP ECET 2020 Important Dates
Below in the table we have provided all the tentative AP ECET exam dates:
|AP ECET 2020 Notification||3rd week of February 2020|
|Release of Online Application Form||4th week of February 2020|
|Application submission last date||4th week of March 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||3rd week of April 2020|
|AP ECET 2020 Exam||1st week of May 2020|
|Declaration of Result/Release of Answer key||3rd week of May 2020|
|Rank card release date||4th week of May 2020|
|Starting of Counselling process||4th week of June 2020|
APECET 2020 Application Form
Below we have provided various details of AP ECET Application form 2020:
- AP ECET 2020 Online Application form is expected to be released in the fourth week of February 2020.
- The complete application process will be in online mode. Candidates can fill the application through the website.
- The online application process will involve various steps like payment of application fee, checking the payment status, filling the application form, submission and printing of application form.
- The application form must be submitted by the candidates before the last date i.e. fourth week of March 2020.
- AP ECET Corrections/modification facility will be also provided by the University in case candidates have entered incorrect information in the application.
Applicants of all categories have to pay application fee of Rs.500.
The fee payment can be made in online mode (debit/credit card/net banking) or offline mode (at any AP Online Centre).
AP ECET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the complete AP ECET eligibility criterion below.
- Nationality: Applying candidate must be citizen of India.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must hold diploma in Engineering & Technology or Pharmacy from State Board of Technical Education of Andhra Pradesh or any other recognized board or University
Candidate should have passed his/her three years B.Sc degree or its equivalent from a recognized board or University.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate must have passed his/her three years of B.Sc degree with Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with other subjects.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates in the qualifying exam must have secured 45% marks (40% for reserved candidates).
- Domicile: Applying candidate must belong to Andhra Pradesh state and satisfy the local or non-local status requirement as per the State Government. Candidates of Non-Indian origin must fulfill the norms of the University.
- Appearing: Candidates pursuing diploma programme are also eligible but should have passed the course before the admission.
AP ECET 2020 Exam Pattern
Know the complete details of AP ECET Exam Pattern below:
- Exam Date and Mode: AP ECET 2020 Entrance exam will be conducted in the 1st week of May 2020 through online CBT mode.
- Number and Type of Questions: Total of 200 multiple choice questions will be asked in the entrance exam.
- Language Medium: Question paper will be made available to the candidates in English language only.
- Total Marks: Exam will be of total 200 marks for all programmes.
- Time Duration: Total time of 3 hours will be allotted to complete the paper.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be given for each correct answer.
Check below the section wise questions and marks distribution for various programmes:
For Engineering Programme
|All engineering branches||100|
For Pharmacy Programme
For B.Sc (Mathematics) Programme
AP ECET 2020 Syllabus
The AP ECET Syllabus will contain various topics from various subjects for different courses. For B.Sc (Mathematics), the syllabus will comprise of topics from the Mathematics, Analytical Ability and Communicative English subjects.
Syllabus for engineering programmes will be set from the Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects of 11th and 12th level.
AP ECET 2020 Preparation Tips
To enhance the exam preparation of AP ECET 2020, candidates can follow the below preparation tips:
- Prepare a study timetable for the exam preparation.
- Go through the complete exam pattern, marking scheme and syllabus before beginning the preparation.
- Prepare short notes of important topics, formulas and concepts. Go through these notes regularly.
- Attempt online or offline mock tests and analyze your preparation level.
- Solve previous year’s exam papers and sample papers for more practice.
- Study for the exam from good sources of study material recommended by experts.
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
AP ECET 2020 Admit Card
AP ECET 2020 Admit Card can be downloaded by the candidates after its release on the website. It will be made available in the third week of April 2020. To download the hall ticket/admit card students have to enter their login credentials – Registration number and date of birth.
Admit card is mandatory to carry by the students on the exam day. With the admit card, no candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall and sit for the test. Along with the admit card candidates are also required to carry one photo id proof for identity verification.
AP ECET 2020 Result
On the behalf of APSCHE, JNTU Ananthpur will declare the result of AP ECET 2020. To check the result and download the rank card students have to visit the website and enter their date of birth and registration number. With the announcement of results, the answer key will be also released on the website.
It is expected that the result will be published on the website in the third week of May 2020. The scorecard/rank card will be available for download in the fourth week of May 2020. Scorecard will mention details like name of the student, roll number, gender, date of birth, subject wise marks, rank obtained, total marks, etc.
After candidates get qualified in the exam, selection for the counselling process will be done. Selected candidates are shortlisted in the merit list released on the website.
AP ECET 2020 Counselling
On the basis of marks and rank obtained by the candidates in the exam, students will be selected for counselling process. A web based counseling process will be organized in the fourth week of June 2020 to provide admission in various programmes. The counselling procedure will consist of – Registration, Certificate verification, web counseling. For the Certificate verification process, candidates have to carry their original and photocopies of their required documents/testimonials.
If you have any query related to AP ECET 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.