AP PGECET 2023: Counselling (Open), Web Option (Extended)
AP PGECET 2023 Web Option Entry Last date has been extended till 16th September 2023. AP PGECET is known as the Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance. AP PGECET is the state-level common entrance test which is organised by Sri Venkateswara University for the candidates who want admission to this university & affiliated institutions. The candidates who want admission in postgraduate courses in Pharmacy or Engineering or from the colleges/ universities/ institutes located in Andhra Pradesh state can apply for this entrance examination. Here we have provided details about AP PGECET 2023 exam including application, exam dates, pattern, syllabus etc.
AP PGECET 2023 Notifications – Web Option Extended Till 16th Sep
AP PGECET 2023 Web Option Entry Last date has been extended till 16th September 2023. Check here for counselling details.
AP PGECET 2024 Exam will be held in May 2024.Check more details about AP PGECET 2024 here.
Admission Open 2023
AP PGECET 2023 Highlights:
|Level of Exam||State|
|Examination Name||APPGECET 2023|
|Conducting Authority||Andhra University, Visakhapatnam|
|Issue of Notice||April-2023|
|Qualification||Graduation or its equivalent|
|Examination conducted on||July-2023|
AP PGECET 2023 Exam Dates
Here are the official AP PGECET examination dates 2023 given below:
|AP PGECET Official notification||19th March 2023|
|The online application process starts from||21st March 2023|
|Last date of form submission||30th April 2023|
|Last date with late fee of Rs. 500/-||1st May to 6th May 2023|
|Last date to apply with late fee of Rs. 2000/-||7th May to 10th May 2023|
|Last date to apply with late fee of Rs. 5000/-||11th May to 14th May 2023|
|Correction window opens||15th May to 16th May 2023|
|Release of admit card||22nd May 2023|
|Exam Date||28th to 30th May 2023|
|Preliminary Answer Key||29th May to 31st May 2023|
|Last date for objection||31st May to 2nd June 2023|
|Result declaration date||15th June 2023|
|Counselling||26th August 2023|
AP PGECET 2023 Counselling
AP PGECET Counselling 2023 can be done through AP PGECET and GATE/GPAT scores. Candidates who successfully clear the examination are called for the Counselling process. Separate counselling is organised for the candidates with valid PGECET, GATE, and GPAT scores.
Counselling has been started from 26th August 2023. Candidates are required to get all their original documents verified on the day of counselling. In case, any candidate is not able to attend the counselling, the seat will be allotted to the next candidate.
Some of the documents that are important to be carried while going for the counselling round are:
- Admit card of PGECET/ GPAT/ GATE
- Mark sheets of qualifying exams
- Category certificate
- Domicile certificate
- AP PGECET 2023 rank card
- Transfer certificate, etc.
AP PGECET 2023 Cut Off
AP PGECET cut-off is announced after the declaration of result. It is necessary to score the required cut-off marks to be eligible for admission. The cut-off is published online on the website. Factors Determining AP PGECET 2023 Cutoff mentions about:
- Number of Candidates attending the exam
- Marks obtained by candidates
- Difficulty of Exam
AP PGECET 2023 Answer Key
AP PGECET Answer key has been made available after the examination. Candidates who have appeared in the exam can check their answer key through online mode. The answer key has been released from 29th May 2023.
Through the answer key candidates can get an estimated idea of their marks obtained in the examination. Candidates can also submit objections, if any, against the initial Preliminary Answer Key for AP PGECET 2023 .
After considering all the objections raised by the candidates, the final answer key will be announced by the authorities.
AP PGECET 2023 Result
AP PGECET Results 2023 can only be checked through online mode. The result has been announced on 15th June 2023. All the candidates are advised to take a printout of the result for future reference.
Candidates must log in using their credentials such as application number/ registration number and password to check the result.
Before taking a printout, candidates are required to cross-check the details like name, rank, etc. in the rank card so as to avoid confusion during the admission process. AP PGECET Rank Card 2023 is available after the announcement of the result.
AP PGECET 2023 Hall Ticket
The candidates who will successfully applied for the AP PGECET 2023 examination will get the admit card via online mode. The admit card has been issued on 22nd May 2023. The candidates who successfully not applied for the examination by paying the fee for the application form will not be provided the admit card.
AP PGECET Admit card 2023 includes all the important details so it is essential to carry it while going to attend the exam. Candidates who are not able to produce their admit cards on the day of the exam will not be allowed to enter the AP PGECET 2023 exam hall.
AP PGECET 2023 Exam Pattern
AP PGECET Exam Pattern is set to assess the candidate’s knowledge of their subjects. Given below is the exam pattern for the AP PGECET 2023 exam:
- Mode of Exam – The exam will be held via Computer Based (CBT) mode.
- Duration of Exam – Maximum time allowed to attempt the question paper is 2 hours.
- Total Questions – A total of 120 MCQS will be asked in the exam.
- Nature of Questions – Objective type questions will be asked in AP PGECET exam.
- Language of Paper – The medium of the question paper will be English only.
- Marking Scheme – 1 mark is awarded for a correct response. There is no negative marking for an incorrect response.
- Level of Questions – Graduate level questions will be asked in the exam.
AP PGECET 2023 Syllabus
AP PGECET Syllabus includes a list of the important topics in various subjects. Candidates need to prepare for the examination according to the syllabus so that candidates can score well and get admission. Given below are the subjects for the AP PGECET 2023 examination.
|Paper Name||Sections||Important Topics|
|Aerospace Engineering (AE)||Engineering Mathematics||Linear Algebra, Calculus, Probability, Statistics, etc.|
|Flight Mechanics||Airplane Performance, Atmosphere, Static Stability, etc.|
|Space Dynamics||Central Force Motion, Orbit Transfer, etc|
|Aerodynamics||Basic Fluid Mechanics, Viscous Flows, etc.|
|Structures||Stress & Strain, Flight Vehicle Structures, Turbo Machinery, etc.|
|Bio-Technology (BT)||Engineering Mathematics||Calculus, Differential Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability, and Statistics & Numerical Methods|
|Biotechnology||Process Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology & Genetics, etc.|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||Engineering Mathematics||Differential Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability, and Statistics & Numerical Methods|
|Structural Engineering||Structural Analysis, Concrete Structures, Mechanics, etc.|
|Geotechnical Engineering & Environmental Engineering||Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||Engineering Mathematics||Linear Algebra, Calculus, Numerical Methods, Differential Equations, Complex Variables, Probability, and Statistics.|
|Electrical Engineering||Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Electric Circuits and Fields, Electrical Machines, Power Electronics and Drives, Signals and Systems, Power Systems, Control Systems, Analog and Digital Electronics, Electric Traction System.|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||Engineering Mathematics||Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, Calculus, Probability, and Statistics, Complex Variables & Numerical Methods.|
|Applied Mechanics and Design||Strength of Materials, Engineering Mechanics, Theory of Machines, Vibrations & Design.|
|Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences||Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Applications, and Heat-Transfer.|
|Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering||Metal Casting, Forming, Joining, Engineering Materials, Machining, and Machine Tool Operations, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Production Planning, and Control, Metrology and Inspection, Inventory Control, Research|
AP PGECET 2023 Preparation Tips
The candidate must be well prepared for exam, they can follow AP PGECET preparation tips to secure a good rank.
- The candidate must have a timetable and follow the timetable strictly.
- The candidate should have complete knowledge of the syllabus before preparing for the AP PGECET 2023 examination.
- Practice and solve the sample papers and the previous year’s question papers.
- The candidate must have notes and revise them accordingly.
- Find a suitable website and online material to study for the exam.
- Candidate must have to do more and more practice because “Practice Makes a Man Perfect”.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
AP PGECET 2023 Application Form
Candidates can check the details mentioned below and fill out the application form accordingly.
- The registration forms has been released on 21st March 2023 through online mode.
- It is mandatory for the candidates who apply for the examination must have to confirm their eligibility before applying for the examination as application forms are available for the eligible candidates only.
- There are three steps involved in the application process i.e. Fee Payment, Application form filling, and taking the print of the filled-in application form.
- These steps must be completed in the application form very carefully however the authority will also provide the correction facility to make changes in the AP PGECET 2023 application form.
- Candidates have to complete the submission of the application form before 30th April 2023 as no candidates will be allowed to submit the application form after the last date.
- Candidates are instructed to keep their application form and fee receipt safe for future references.
AP PGECET 2023 Application form will be incomplete without paying the fee for the examination. Therefore fees can be submitted through AP Online services or by credit card, debit card, and net baking payment gateways. The application fee is as follows:
|For OC candidates||Rs. 1200/-|
|For BC candidates||Rs. 900/-|
|For SC/ ST candidates||Rs. 700/-|
AP PGECET 2023 Correction
AP PGECET Application Correction facility 2023 is provided to make the necessary corrections to a submitted application form. However, no changes are allowed to the application form after the due date. It can be done from 15th to 16th May 2023.
Candidates are advised to make the necessary corrections before submitting and within the due date. Students can only make changes in details such as:
- Signature and photograph
- Qualifying Examination
- Place of Study
- Passing year
- Place of Study
- Mother’s Name
- Birth State, etc
AP PGECET Eligibility Criteria 2023
Here are the AP PGECET eligibility criteria for the candidates who want to apply:
- Nationality & Domicile: Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for the AP PGECET 2023. Domicile applying candidates should have a domicile certificate from Andhra Pradesh state.
- Academic Qualification: Those candidates who are bachelor’s degree holders in relevant disciplines are eligible for admission. However, candidates must satisfy the eligibility requirement and other criteria as per the applied course.
- Qualifying marks: Candidates should have acquired at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam and the 45% for the reserved category.
- Fitness Certificate: Candidates must have a fitness certificate.
- Appearing: Those candidates who are giving their final semester examination in the year 2023, are also eligible for admission and can easily give the entrance examination.
- Scorecard: Candidates holding valid scores of GATE and GPAT can also apply for admission.
For any other queries regarding AP PGECET 2023 exam, you can leave your queries in the comment box given below.