CAT 2019: Notification, Registration, Exam Dates, Syllabus, Pattern
CAT 2019 will be conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) on a rotation basis. It is organized for providing admission to various management courses offered by the IIMs. CAT (Common Admission Test) is a national level examination. On the basis of CAT score, candidates can also get admission into other management colleges. This year, it will be regulated by IIM, Kozikhode. In this article, we have mentioned complete information about CAT 2019 notification, application form, eligibility, exam dates etc.
CAT 2019 Exam Notifications:
As per the sources, CAT 2019 examination will be organized by IIM, Kozikhode.
CAT 2019 Exam Dates
Check here tentative dates of the CAT 2019 examination:
|Notification Release||Last week of July 2019|
|Online Registration Starts||2nd week of August 2019|
|Last date for Registration||Last week of September 2019|
|Image Correction||Last week of September 2019|
|Admit Card Downloading Starts||4th week of October 2019|
|Mock Test||3rd week of October 2019|
|CAT Aptitude Test||Last week of November 2019|
|Responses released||1st week of December 2019|
|Answer Key Release||2nd week of December 2019|
|Result Announcement||1st week of January 2020|
CAT Registration 2019
In this section, candidates can get information about CAT 2019 registration details such as starting date, fee, documents, etc.
- The registration window for the exam will be opened from the 2nd week of August 2019 through online mode.
- Candidates will register for exam till the last week of September 2019.
- Upload your images (Photogrpah Dimension: 30mm X 45mm, Size: not more than 80KB) and ( Signature Dimension: 80mm X 35mm, Size: not more than 80KB) in a JPG/JPEG format.
- At the time of registration, candidates must upload their category certificate (If belong to NC-OBC/SC/ST/PwD category).
- During registration, candidates also have to fill choices of four test cities as per their preferences.
- Take a print copy of CAT application form 2019 for further use.
- Candidates can pay the registration fee through online payment modes.
- The online payment modes are credit cards (Visa/Master/Amex/Diners Club), debit cards (Visa/Master/Rupay), net banking and Cash Card & Wallet.
- The application fee details are given below:
|All other categories||Rs. 1900 + Transaction Procession Fee|
|SC, ST and PwD||Rs. 950 + Transaction Procession Fee|
The institution will provide the correction facility in the application. All correction related details are mentioned below:
- Candidates can make a correction in the images from last week of September 2019 through online mode.
- Corrections in other details will be announced soon.
- The CAT 2019 application correction will be done only in some particulars.
- Last year, the correction will be allowed only in some personal details such as address, category, gender, work experience, educational information, interview city preference, exam city preferences, etc.
- If candidates have made mistake in personal details, other personal details, communication address, uploaded documents, then they have to register again with a new email ID.
- Candidates will do the correction through User ID & password.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
The detailed CAT eligibility 2019 is given here:
- There will be no age restriction for taking the CAT examination.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have a bachelor’s or its equivalent degree.
- Minimum Marks: Pass the above exam with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% marks for SC/ST/PwD categories).
- Appearing candidates of the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination can also apply.
- Candidates, those possess an equivalent examination recognized by the MHRD, Government of India (including AMICE of the Institution of Civil Engineers (India) as an equivalent qualification) can also apply.
CAT is a national level entrance exam organized by IIMS on rotational basis every year. This entrance test is conducted to offer admission into management programmes in various colleges and institutions situated in India. Admission is provided to the qualifying students into MBA programme through CAT scores in various private and government management institutions.
CAT Exam Pattern 2019
Candidates, check this section to know complete details about CAT exam pattern:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be digital or Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Session: The examination will be held in two sessions.
- Duration: The duration of the examination will be 180 minutes (3 hours).
- Type of Questions: In the examination, objective & subjective type questions will be asked.
- Number of Questions: Total 100 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marking Scheme: For the correct answer, three marks will be allotted to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: The will be no negative marks for subjective type questions, For MCQs type question, one mark will be deducted for the wrong answer.
|Sections||Subjects||Time Allotted||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Section I||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||60 minutes||34||102|
|Section II||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||60 minutes||32||96|
|Section III||Quantitative Ability||60 minutes||34||102|
CAT Syllabus 2019
There will be no prescribed syllabus for the CAT 2019 examination. Candidates can prepare for the examination as per the sections, i.e. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Ability. The detailed CAT 2019 syllabus are given below:
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC):
Reading Comprehension: It includes comprehension passages of medium length, carrying 250 to 500 words. The question will be asked direct and inferential.
English Usage: It includes questions from grammar and verbal reasoning such as Fill in the blanks, Grammar, Sentence Correction, Verbal Reasoning, Synonyms, Antonyms, etc.
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DI & LR):
Data Interpretation: Bar Graph, Data Sufficiency, Combination of Graphs, Line Graph, Caselet, Pie Chart, Tables, etc,
Logical Reasoning: Blood Relations, Binary Logic, Matching Puzzles, Clocks and Calendars, Seating Arrangement, Family Tree, Proposition, Venn Diagram, Statements, Sets, Syllogism, etc.
Mathematics or Quantitative Ability (QA):
Number System, Algebra, Geometry, Higher Maths, Arithmetic, Modern Mathematics, Mensuration, Trigonometry, etc.
Candidates should check some CAT preparation tips & tricks for How to prepare for CAT exam:
- Firstly, understand the exam pattern & syllabus by going through previous years question papers & official guidelines.
- Study from the reliable study material & CAT books.
- Make short notes on short tricks & important topics.
- Avoid unhealthy food/drinks and stay fit & healthy.
- Try to solve one online mock test every day.
- Revise each section of the exam within a week.
FAQs (Most Asked Question)
CAT Admit Card 2019
Candidates will download their admit card from the fourth week of October 2019. For some more information, candidates can check this section.
- The CAT 2019 admit card will be issued through online mode only.
- Candidates can get the CAT hall ticket only after by entering their USER ID & Password.
- There is no offline mode to get the admit card.
- On the day of the exam, candidates should bring a valid admit card along with one photo ID proof.
CAT Answer Keys 2019
Candidates can check the answer key of CAT after the examination. The official answer key along with CAT question paper will be published in the second week of December 2019. Candidates can get the CAT 2019 answer key only through online mode on the website.
Candidate’s responses will be released in the first week of December 2019. Candidates can challenge the answer key by filling objection form & submit it till 2nd week of December 2019. The answer key & question paper can be checked through login by using user ID & password.
CAT 2019 Result
The result details including releasing date, mode, score card, etc are given here:
- Candidates can view their results in the first week of January 2020.
- The list of shortlisted candidates for the next level of selection will be published through online mode on the website.
- CAT score card 2019 will be available through online mode on the official website.
- The Institution also intimate the individual candidates by SMS.
- The scorecard will be valid for one year.
- Candidates can download the scorecard by entering User ID & Password.
CAT Cut Off 2019
The admission to management programme will be based on CAT 2019 Cut Off marks. Check here cut off releasing date, mode, previous year cut off etc.
- The cut off will be released after a few days of examination through online mode in the last week of November 2019.
- The cut off will be announced as per the categories, sections & IIMs.
- Check last year cut off marks below:
CAT 2019 Admission Procedure
There will be no centralized counselling conducted by the Institution.
Each Institution has its own eligibility & admission criteria (including academic cut-offs and relative weights) for admission into management courses.
Each IIM will send interview call letters to the shortlisted candidates directly. The selection criteria for shortlisting vary from IIM to IIM.
After qualifying CAT exam, candidates have to appear in the Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) & Personal Interviews (PI) rounds.
The CAT admission will be given on the basis of candidate’s previous academic performance, relevant work experience & short-listing of candidates.
If you have any other queries about CAT 2019, you can leave your query below in the comment box.