CAT 2020/2021 Syllabus – Check Quantitative Aptitude, DILR Syllabus
CAT 2020 Syllabus will be prescribed by the exam conducting authority. CAT (Common Admission Test) will be managed by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM), Indore. It is a national level admission test organized for providing admission into postgraduate business administration programmes. Through this exam, students will get admission into top management colleges of the country. Here, we have updated the complete information regarding to the CAT 2020/2021 Syllabus.
CAT 2020/2021 Syllabus
The CAT 2020 syllabus will consist of various topics from the subjects of Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension and Quantitative Ability. Detailed syllabus can be checked by the candidates from the website.
Here we have provided topics under each section:
Quantitative Ability or Mathematics: This section consists of 10+2 difficulty level & Fundamental mathematics. The topics includes:
- number system
- quadratic & linear equations
- time & work
- profit & loss
- LCM & HCF
- ratio & proportions
- complex numbers, etc.
Data Interpretation: In this section, student’s ability to solve problems accurately & understanding of the data are tested. Students are adbised to study from the following mentioned topics:
Admissions Closing Shortly
- graphs (line, area)
- Interpretation and analysis of data based on text
- Charts (Column, bar, pie)
- venn diagram, etc.
Verbal Ability & English: This section contains the usage of Standard English grammar & questions on comprehension. Candidates must prepare from following topics:
- verbal reasoning
- antonyms and synonyms
- sentence correction
- fill in the blanks
- critical reasoning
- idioms, etc.
- Direction sense
- clocks & calendars
- binary logic
- seating arrangement
- coding- decoding
- blood relations
- logical sequence
- data structure
- linear and matrix arrangement, etc.
CAT Exam Pattern
The CAT 2020 exam pattern comprises of 100 question from 3 different sections. 3 sections will consist of Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Ability. It is a computer-based test which contains multiple choice questions (MCQ). Some of the questions will be subjective types. 100 questions will be asked in the examination. The duration of examination will be 3 hours. For each correct response, 3 marks will be awarded & one mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
CAT Preparation Tips
Here we have provided some tips & tricks which will be helpful for candidates while preparing for CAT:
- Manage time in such a way that each subject gets equal time.
- Go through complete syllabus & exam pattern and prepare accordingly.
- Solve previous year question paper to know in which topic you need more practice.
- Prepare from mentioned CAT books so that you get familiarize with pattern & questions.
- Be stress free. Take proper 8 hours sleep, do yoga & meditation, eat healthy food etc.
- Revision is a key to success so revise on the regular basis & keep atleast one week only for revision.
CAT Exam Instructions
Here we are providing some of the exam instructions which must be followed by candidates at the time of examination:
- Reach the examination hall at least 20 minutes earlier.
- Do not waste your time.
- Leave toughest questions to attempt at last.
- Do not carry mobile phones or any other unnecessary stuff in the exam hall.
- Don’t get panic if you are unaware of any question.
Any student have a doubt about CAT 2020/2021 Syllabus, they can ask their queries below.