CEED 2019: Result, Answer Key, Score Card, Admission Process
CEED 2019 Result has been declared on 4th March 2019. Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED 2019) is organized by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. It is a national level entrance exam of design course which is conducted on behalf of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The exam is a gateway to get admission in M.Des and Ph.D design courses. After qualifying the exam, candidates can get admission in IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Kanpur and many other institutions. For more details on CEED 2019, candidates must go through this article.
CEED 2019 Notification – Result Declared
CEED 2019 Result (Score Card) has been released on 4th March 2019.Check here for result details.
CEED 2019 Final Answer Key has been released on 4th February 2019.Check here for answer sheet details.
CEED 2019 Candidates Answer Sheet has been released on 31st January 2019.
CEED 2019 Exam Dates
CEED 2019 Exam date has been released officially. Check complete schedule from below:
|Opening of online application form||9th October 2018|
|Closing of application form||14th November 2018|
|Registration with late fee||15th -16th November 2018|
|Availability of admit card||1st January 2019|
|Last date of rectification of discrepancies in the admit card||5th January 2019|
|Exam date||19th January 2019 (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM)|
|Releasing of draft answer key of Part A||25th January 2019|
|Last date of sending comments about draft answer key||31st January 2019|
|Releasing of final answer key||4th February 2019|
|Declaration of result and availability of score card||4th March 2019|
The CEED 2019 result has be declared through the online mode. The CEED 2019 score card can also be generated at the time of declaration of the result. However, the result and score card can be downloaded on 4th March 2019.
ADMISSION OPEN 2019
The authority has released the CEED answer key for the convenience of the candidates. It has been released on 25th January 2019. Marks obtained in Part A of the examination will be considered for the short listing of the candidates.
CEED 2019 Admission
CEED qualified candidates list will be shared with the participating institutions. No centralized counselling will be conducted by the exam authority for allotting the seats.
After the declaration of result, candidates have to apply to the respective institution website for further admission procedure. Each institution will release the notification of admission in their websites.
CEED Answer Key
The authority has been published the draft answer key. CEED answer key can be checked through online mode. Candidates can check it on 25th January 2019.
With the help of answer key the candidates to check their answers and examine their marks secured in the online entrance examination.
CEED 2020 will be conducted by IIT Bombay on behalf of MHRD, Government of India. It is organized to offer admission into M. Des and PhD programmes. The admission to the candidates will be provided in M.Des in various renowned institutions like IIT Kanpur, IIT Hyderabad, IISc Bangalore, IIT Guwahati, IITDM Jabalpur, IIT Bombay, IIT and other institutions. The application form will be started from the second week of October 2019 through online mode.
CEED 2019 Admit Card
CEED 2019 Admit card is available for downloading from 1st January 2019 to 19th January 2019.
Candidates are advised to take a clear printout (in color) of the admit card to sit in the examination hall.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
CEED 2019 eligibility criteria has been released officially. Details of each programme can be obtained from the websites of the respective institutions.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed a degree/diploma/post graduate degree of 4 years or 3+2 years (after 10+2 level).
- Appearing Candidate: Appearing for the final examination of such a program by July 2019, or must have passed the GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level) by July 2018 is eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to appear for CEED 2019.
- Attempt Limit: Candidate can appear for CEED any number of times.
- Validity of CEED Score Card: The CEED score will be valid for a period of one year from the date of declaration of the result.
- GATE Score: Candidates those have GATE 2019 score card can also apply.
CEED Application Form 2019
Candidates must read the CEED information brochure to fill the application form.
- The application form must be submitted through online mode.
- The registration is started from 9th October 2018.
- Candidates have to fill the CEED application form 2019 before the last date of application form, i.e. 14th November 2018 without late fee.
- Candidates must fill all the details carefully and upload the document as per the prescribed format.
- Applications is accepted only after the payment of application form.
- Candidates have to select three exam centers at the time of registration. After submission of which no exam center change request will be accepted.
- The application fee is Rs. 1300/- for all women candidates, Rs. 1300/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates and Rs. 2600/- for all other candidates.
- The late fee is Rs. 500/-.
- It can be deposited through credit card, debit card and net-banking.
- The fee is non-refundable and non-transferable in any circumstances.
- The fee can be submitted through net banking/credit card/debit card.
Documents to be uploaded at the time of registration:
- Recent colour photograph and scanned copy of signature (in .jpg file).
- Scanned copy of degree/diploma certificate (if the course is completed). If do not have the final degree certificate, upload the copy of the final year mark or the provisional certificate. If the course is not completed, a certificate from the Principal of the college/Head of the department.
- Candidates of SC/ST/OBC-NCL category have to produce valid category certificates issued by concerned authorities.
- Candidates belong to PwD category should produce a valid medical certificate.
- PwD candidate requiring extra time during the exam need to upload a request letter.
- Candidates those names is not same as the name on the degree/diploma certificate should produce a gazette notification, a marriage certificate or scanned pages of the passport showing the change of name.
CEED 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the complete exam pattern in this section:
- Mode: The exam will be conducted through online (CBT) mode. Answers of Part A have to be entered in the computer and that of Part B in the answer book provided by the invigilator.
- Duration: The total duration of the exam will be about 3 hours. 1 hours for part 1 and 2 hours for part 2.
- Maximum Marks: Part A carries a total of 100 marks.
- Sections: It contains 5 sections.
- Part B: Part B carries a total of 100 marks. It contains 8 questions. Candidates have to choose to answer any ONE of Questions 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Questions 6, 7 and 8 are mandatory. Each question must be answered on the pages designated for that question.
For Part A
|Section||Number of Questions||Question Number||Marks if Correct||Marks if Wrong||Marks if not Attempted||Total Marks|
For Part B
|Section||Number of Questions||Question Number||Total Marks|
|Discipline Specific Question||5 (answer any one)||1-5||40|
CEED 2019 Syllabus
For CEED 2019 aptitude test, candidates may practice their drawing, rendering and visualization skills.
- Visualization and spatial ability: Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test the understanding of transformation and / or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
- Environmental and social awareness: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
- Analytical and logical reasoning: Ability to analyse given information logically and select the most appropriate solutions. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
- Language and creativity: Ability to understand passages in commonly used English language. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
- Design thinking and problem solving: Ability to understand the context, the users and the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.
- Observation and design sensitivity: Ability to detect concealed properties in day to day life and think critically about them. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
Part B of CEED 2019 will have questions related to these topics:
- Drawing: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
- Creativity: Ability to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.
- Communication skills: Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.
- Analytical and problem solving skills: Ability to understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials and process and their appropriate use in design, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots and stories, etc.
The exam will be conducted in these cities in 2019:
Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram, Trissur, and Vishakhapatnam.
If you have any other queries about CEED 2019, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.