CG PET 2019 Syllabus, Exam Pattern – Check Subject Wise Syllabus Here
CG PET 2019 Syllabus is comprised of different subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The CG PET exam is a state level entrance test also referred as Chhattisgarh PET. Through this examination, candidates will be selected for admission into engineering programme (B.Tech) offered by different colleges in the state of Chhatisgarh. This exam will be organized by the Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board or CG Vyapam. In this article, students can check detailed information about CG PET Syllabus 2019.
CG PET 2019 Syllabus
The CG PET exam contain questions from Chemistry, Physics & Mathematics subjects. The syllabus is of 12th class level. The detailed CG PET 2019 Syllabus are mentioned here:
CG PET 2019 Physics Syllabus:
- Units and dimensions, Fundamental and derived units, Dimensional analysis, S.I. Units.
Force & Laws of Motion:
- Force and inertia, NeMon”s law of motion, Conservation of momentum and energy Static and Kinetic friction, Uniform Circular motion.
- Linear motion in one and two dimensions, Cases of uniform velocity and uniform acceleration, General relation among position and velocity, Uniform circulation motion.
CG PET 2019 Admit Card will be released from 26th April 2019. Candidates can get their admit card through online mode on the website. Candidates have to enter their registration ID to download the admit card.
ADMISSION OPEN 2019
- MIT World Peace University, Pune B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- DIT University, Dehradun - B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Chitkara University B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Chandigarh University (Ranked 1 in North India) - Application Open.
Rotational Motion & Moment of Inertia:
- Rigid body rotation, couple, torque, angular momentum conservation of its momentum, Moment of inertia, theorems of parallel and perpendicular axis, (Moment of inertia of uniform ring, disc thin rod and cylinder only).
Work, Energy & Power:
- Work done by force, energy, power, Elastic collisions, Potential energy, Gravitational potential energy and its angular conversion to kinetic energy, Potential energy of a spring.
- Acceleration due to gravity and its variation, Universal law of gravitation, motion of satellites, escape velocity., Synchronous satellite and polar satellite.
Properties of Solid & Fluids:
- Elasticity, Hook’s law, Young’s modulus, shear and bulk modulus, surface energy and surface tension, fluid pressure, atmospheric pressure, viscosity of fluids, kinetic theory of gases, gas laws, kinetic energy and temperature.
- Periodic motion, simple harmonic motion, Oscillations in spring, Laws of simple pendulum.
- Transverse and longitudinal wave motion, Speed of sound, principle of super position, progressive and stationary waves, beats and Doppler effect.
- Wave nature of light, Interference, Young’s double slit experiment, velocity of light and Doppler’s effect in light, Reflection, refraction, total internal reflection, curved mirrors, Lenses, mirror and lens formulae, Dispersion in prism, absorption and emission specoa, Optical instruments. The human eye, defects of vision, magnification and resolving power of telescope and microscope.
- Bar magnet, lines of force, torque on a bar magnet due to magnetic field, earth’s magnetic field, tangent galvanometer, vibration magnetometer, Paramagnetic, di magnetic and ferromagnetic substances.
Coulomb’s law of electrostatics, dielectric constant, electric field and potential due to a point charge, dipole, dipole field, Guass’s law in simple geometric. Electrostatic potential, capacitance, parallel plate and spherical capacitors, capacitors in series and parallel, energy of a capacitor.
- Electric current, Ohm’s law, KirchifF’s laws, resistances in series and parallel, temperature dependence of resistance, wheat stone bridge, and potentiometer. Measurement of voltages and currents.
Heat & Thermodynamics:
- Heat, Temperature, Thermometers, Specific heats at constant volume and constant pressure, Mechanical equivalent of heat isothermal and adiabatic processes.
- Heat conduction in one dimension. Convection and radiation, Stefan’s law and Newton’s law of cooling, Zeroth, First and Second law of thermodynamics.
Effect of Electric Current:
- Magnetic thermal and chemical effect of current, Electric power heating effects of currents, chemical effects and law of electrolysis, thermoelectricity, Biot-Savart law, Magnetic fields due to a straight wire, circular loop and solenoid. Force on a moving charge in a magnetic field (Lorentz force), Magnetic moment of a current loop. effect of a uniform magnetic field of a current loop, forces between two currents; moving galvanometer, ammeter and voltmeter.
Electron, Photon & Radio Activity:
- ‘e” and ‘elm” for an electron, photon, Einstein’s photoelectric equation, photocells.
- Bohr model of the atom, Hydrogen spectrum, Composition of nucleus, atomic masses and isotopes, radioactivity, laws of radio active decay, decay constant, half life and mean life, Mass-energy relation, fission, X-Ray : properties and uses.
Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current:
- Magnetic flux, Electromagnetic induction induced emf Faraday’s law, Lenz’s law, self and mutual inductance, Alternating currents impedence and reactance growth and decay of current in L-R circuit, elementary idea of dynamo and transformer.
Click here to view CG PET 2019 Syllabus
CG PET 2019 Chemistry Syllabus:
Physical Chemistry Syllabus:
- Constitution of nucleus: Bohr’s atom model: quantum numbers aufbau principle electronic configuration of elements (upto-Kr): De-Broglie relation, shapes of orbital.
- Modes of expressing concentrations of solutions: Types of solutions, Raoults law of colligative properties, non-ideal solution, and abnormal molecular weights.
- Crystal lattices, unit cells, Structure of ionic compounds close packed structure, Ionic radii, imperfections (Point defects): properties of solids.
- Electrovalent covalent and co-valent bonds, hybridization (sp): hydrogen bond: shapes of molecules (VSEPR theory): bond polarity resonance, Elements of VBT.
- Radio active radiations : Half-life, radioactive decay, group displacement law, structure and properties of nucleus : Nuclear reactions, disintegration series, artifical transmutation : Isotopes and their uses : Radio-carbon dating.
- Chemical equilibrium, Law of mass action Kp and Kc, Le Chatelier principle and its applications.
Thermo Chemistry & Thermodynamics:
- Energy changes during a chemical reaction intrinsic energy, enthalpy; First law of thermodynamics : Hess’s law, heats of reactions; Second law of thermodynamics; entropy; free energy; spontaneity of a chemical reaction, free energy change and chemical equilibrium; free energy as energy available for useful work.
- Ionic Equilibria in soloutions, Solubility product, common ion effect, theories of acids and base hydrolysis of salts : pH : buffers
- Rate of a reaction, factors affecting the rate, mte constant, rate expression, order of reaction, first order rate constant-expression and characteristics, Arrhenous equation.
- Oxidation, Oxidation number and ion-electron methods, Electrolytic conduction, Faraday’s laws: voltaic cell, electrode potentials, electromotive force, Gibb’s energy and cell potentials, Nernst equation, commercial cells, fuel cell, electrochemical theory of corrosion.
- Colloids and Catalysis, Adsorption, Colloids (types preparation and properties), Emulsions, Catalysts: Types and characteristics.
Inorganic Chemistry Syllabus:
Principles of Metallurgical Operations:
- Furnaces, ore concentration, extraction, purification metallurgies of Na, Al, Fe, Cu, Ag, Zn and Pb and their properties.
- s, p, d, and f-block elements, periodic Table, periodicity, atomic and ionic radii valency, ionization energy, electron affinity, electro negativity, metallic character.
Comparative Study of Elements:
- Comparative, study of the following families of element: (i) Alkali metals (ii) Alkaline earth metals(iii) Nitrogen family (iY) Oxygen family (v) Halogens (vi) Noble gases.
- Electronic configuration of 3r‘ Metal ions, oxidation states, other general characteristic properties, potassium permanganate, potassium dichromate.
- Simple nomenclature, bonding and stability, classification and bonding in organometallics
- Chemistry involved is simple inorganic qualitative analysis; calculations based on acid base titrimetry.
Organic Chemistry Syllabus:
Chemistry of Hydro Carbon:
- Calculation of empirical and molecular formulae of organic compounds, Nomenclature of organic compounds, common functional groups, isomerism, Structure and shapes of alkenes, alkenes and benzene. Preparation, properties and uses of alkanes, alkenes and alkynes, benzene, petroleum, cracking, octane number, gasoline additives.
Organic Compounds Containing Organic Oxygen:
- Nomenclature, methods preparation, Chemical properties, correlations of physical properties with structures and uses of Nitro, Amino, Cyana and Diazo compounds.
Chemistry in Daily Life:
- Polymers: Classification, method of preparation, properties and uses of polymers, Dyes: Classification, Structure of some important dyes, Chemistry of Drug: Introduction and classification, Chemotherapy, Importance of drug (Antipyretic, Antiseptic, Antibiotic, Anesthetics), Chemistry in food, cosmetics and detergents.
Organic Compounds Based on Functional Group Containing Nitrogen:
- Nomenclature, methods preparation, Chemical properties, correlations of physical properties with structures and uses of ethers, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids and their derivatives.
- Classification, Structures and biological importance of carbohydrates, amino acids, peptides, proteins and enzymes, nucleic acids and lipids.
CG PET 2019 Mathematics Syllabus:
- Algebra of complex numbers, Graphical representation of complex numbers, modulus and argument of complex numbers, Square root of a complex number, Triangular inequality. Cube roots of unity. Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progression, Arithmetic geometric and harmonic means between two numbers. Sum of squares and cubes of first Natural numbers. Quadratic equations, relations between roots and coefficients, permutations and combinations, binomial Theorem (any index) exponential and logarithmic series. Determinants up to third order and their order and their elementary properties Matrices types of matrices, ad joint and inverse of matrix, elementary properties of matrices. Partial fraction. Application in solving simultaneous equations up to three variables
- Trigonometry functions and their graphs, addition and subtraction Formula involving multiple and submultiples angles, general solutions of triangles equations, Relations between sides and angles of a triangles, Solutions of triangles, inverse; trigonometrically functions, height and distance (Simple Problems).
Co-Ordinate Geometry of Two Dimensions:
- Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, Straight-line pair to straight line, distance of a point from a line angle between two lines.
- Circle, tangents and normal system of circles.
- Corrie section Parabola, Ellipse and Hyperbola in standard forms with elementary, properties tangents.
- Integrations as the inverse process of differentiations, Integration by the parts, by substitution and by partial fraction. Definite integral, Areas under simple cures.
Co-ordinate Geometry of Three Dimensions:
- Rectangular co-ordinate system, Direction cosine and direction ratios, equation of place in standard forms.
- Perpendicular distance from a point, equation of a line angle between two lines.
- Function polynomial, rational trigonometric, logarithmic and exponential. Inverse function, Limit continuity and differentiability of functions, differentiation of rational, trigonometric and exponential functions. Application of derivative in elementary problems in mechanics increasing and decreasing functions. Maxima and Minima of function of one variable. Roll’s theorem and mean value theorem.
- Definition of vector, addition of vectors, Components in three dimensional space, Scalar and vector products. Triple products, Simple application in geometry and mechanics.
- Probability addition and multiplication laws, conditional probability, binomial distribution, Simple problems in correlation and regression.
- Formulation of differential equation, order and degree, Solutions of differential equations by separation of variable method. Homogeneous linear differential equation of first order.
- Solution of equation by the method of bisection, false positions and Newton-Raphson.
- Numerical integration by trapezoided & Simpson Rule’s.
- Basics of Computer & its operations, Functional Components, main parts of computer, input devices, output devices, and secondary storage devices, system software, utility software, application software.
CG PET Exam Pattern
Check CG PET Exam Pattern details here. The question paper will contain total 150 objective type questions (50 Questions from each subject). Four optional answers will be given for each question and candidates are needed to choose the right answer only.
The exam duration will be three hours (180 minutes). For each correct answer one mark will be awarded. Candidates note down there will be negative marking for wrong answer.
If you have any other queries regarding CG PET 2019 Syllabus, you can leave your queries below in the comment box.