CUET 2023: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
CUET 2023 will provide admission into various UG & PG courses in all the Central Universities (CU’s). The Common University Entrance Test (CUET) will provide a common platform & equal opportunities to all candidates across the country and also from rural & remote areas . The examination will be organized by the National Testing Agency (NTA) under the Ministry of Education (MoE). CUET exam for UG & PG level courses will be held separately. It will be a mandatory test for admission into various UG courses at central universities, BHU, JNU, Delhi University, etc. Candidates must go through following details such as exam dates, application form, eligibility norms etc. regarding CUET 2023.
CUET 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||CUET 2023|
|Full-form||Common University Entrance Test|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Courses offered||UG & PG level courses|
|Application mode||Online mode|
|Exam mode||Online (Computer Based Test) mode|
|Date of exam||2nd week of June 2023 (UG)|
3rd week of July 2023 (PG)
CUET 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates must go through following details regarding CUET UG & PG dates:
|Application form releases||1st week of April 2023|
|Last date to submit application form||4th week of May 2023|
|Application correction||3rd to 4th week of May 2023|
|Admit Card||1st week of June 2023|
|CUET (UG) Exam||2nd week of June 2023|
|Answer Key releases||3rd week of June 2023|
|Result declaration||4th week of June 2023|
|Counselling starts||1st week of July 2023|
|Application form releases||2nd week of May 2023|
|Last date to submit application form||3rd week of June 2023|
|Application correction||1st week of July 2023|
|Admit Card||2nd week of July 2023|
|CUET (PG) Exam||3rd week of July 2023|
|Answer Key releases||1st week of August 2023|
|Result declaration||2nd week of August 2023|
|Counselling starts||3rd week of August 2023|
CUET 2023 Application Form
Candidates must go through following details regarding CUET 2023 application form:
- The NTA authority will release CUET 2023 application form separately for UG & PG level courses.
- The application form for both UG & PG level courses will be released via online mode. No other mode will be entertained to fill the form.
- It will be released from first week of April till last week of May 2023 for UG level courses.
- Candidates will be able to submit the application form for PG courses from second week of May till third week of June 2023.
- While filling application form, candidates must not forget to upload passport size photograph & signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidates must ensure they fulfill each eligibility norms before filling the application form.
- Authority will also provide correction facility to edit incorrect details (if any) in the form.
- Once all details are completely filled, candidates must take printout of filled in application form for further use.
- Candidates will be able to submit the application fee via online mode.
- The mode of payment includes credit card, debit card or net banking or UPI payment mode.
- The application fee will be non-refundable in any case.
- Candidates must check following table for application fee for UG & PG courses:
For UG courses:
|Category||Centres in India (Each Slot)||Centres outside India (Each Slot)|
|General/ UN-Reserved||Rs. 650/-||Rs. 3000/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs. 600/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwBD/ 3rd Gender||Rs. 550/-||Rs. 3000/-|
For PG courses:
|Category||Centres in India (For upto 3 test papers)||Centres in India (Per paper)||Centres outside India|
|General/ UN-Reserved||Rs. 800/-||Rs.200/-||Rs. 4000/- (For upto 3 papers)|
Rs. 1000/- (For upto 1 paper)
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs. 600/-||Rs.150/-|
|SC/ ST/ 3rd Gender||Rs. 550/-||Rs.150/-|
How to Apply for CUET 2023
- Step-1: Visit the official website of CUET 2023.
- Step-2: For fresh registration, click on “Registration” option.
- Step-3: Go through complete instructions & procedure of online submission of form.
- Step-4: Fill personal information & other asked details.
- Step-5: Choose password & fill the security pin and submit other required details.
- Step-6: Preview your details & enter OTP details.
- Step-7: Now login using application no. & password.
- Step-8: Fill the “University name & programme” of your choice.
- Step-9: Select test paper & subject for first/ second slot of the examination.
- Step-10: Select four exam centres as per your preference.
- Step-11: Upload passport size photograph & signature in prescribed format.
- Step-12: Re-check the details & then submit the fee as per no. of course.
- Step-13: Now click on, “Submit” option.
- Step-14: A confirmation page will appear on your screen, take its printout for future use.
CUET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check following eligibility norms before applying for CUET 2023:
- Nationality: Indian National citizen will be eligible to apply.
- Qualification: For Ug, candidates must have qualified 12th level exam whereas for PG, candidates must have qualified bachelor’s degree from any recognised board or university.
- Age Limit: There will be no age limit to apply for CUET 2023 examination.
Note: The eligibility criteria may be unique as per different universities
CUET 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check following points regarding CUET 2023 exam pattern for UG & PG courses:
- Exam mode: The examination will be held via online as Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
- Questions Type: Question paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type questions.
- Language: There will be 13 languages for UG level course.
- Time Duration: For Slot I, candidates will be given 3 hours 15 minutes & 3 hours 45 minutes for Slot II.
- No. of Sections: CUET UG will include 4 sections as Section IA, Section IB, Section II and Section III.
- Total No. of Questions: 100 questions will be asked in the question paper.
- Marking Scheme: 5 marks will be credited for each correct answer while 1 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- 13 different languages – Punjabi, Telugu, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, English, Hindi, Odia, Tamil, & Urdu
- 20 different languages – Dogri, Italian, Santhali, Tibetan, Arabic, Sindhi, Sanskrit, Persian, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Manipuri, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Bodo, Russian, Chinese, Nepali.
|Slot||Slot I||Slot II|
|Exam Timing||9:00 AM to 12:15 PM||3 PM to 6:45 PM|
|Exam Duration||45/60 to 195 minutes||45 to 225 minutes|
|Section||Subjects||Questions to be attempted||Total questions||Questions Type||Duration|
|Section IA||13 different languages (can choose any one)||40||50||Reading comprehension (based on different languages – Factual literary & Narrative, Literary Aptitude & Vocabulary)||45 minutes for each language|
|Section IB||20 different languages (can choose any language apart from Section IA)|
|Section II- Domain||27 Domains specific subjects (must choose 6 domain as desire by applicable university/ ies)||40||50||Input Text for MCQ based questions (it will be on the bases of 12th NCERT syllabus)||45 minutes for each domain specific subjects|
|Section III- General Tests||For any such UG programme/ programmes being offered by universities||60||75|
Input text can be used for MCQ Based Questions
General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning (Simple application of basic mathematical concepts arithmetic/algebra geometry/mensuration/s tat taught till Grade 8), Logical and Analytical Reasoning
|Total||180 questions||225 questions||195 minutes|
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized via online (computer based) mode.
- Time Duration: Candidates will be have to solve the paper within 2 hours.
- No. of Questions: Each question paper will consists of 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- Negative marking: For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted
|Pattern||Question Paper||Paper Code|
|1||There will be 100 questions divided into two parts|
Part A: 25 Questions consisting of Language Comprehension/ Verbal Ability
Part B: 75 Domain Knowledge Questions Comprising of Teaching Aptitude, Mathematics, Social Science & Science
|The no. of Questions will be 100 & divided into two parts|
Part A: 25 MCQ’s consisting of Language Comprehension, Verbal Ability, General Awareness, Mathematical/ Quantitative Ability & Analytical Skills
PGQP02 to PGQP07 PGQP09 to PGQP37 PGQP39
The no. of questions will be 100 and divided into two parts
Part A : 25 Questions (Language Comprehension/Verbal Ability, General Knowledge, and Mathematical/Quantitative ability )
PGQP08 PGQP74 PGQP78
The no. of questions will be 100 and divided into two parts
Ability and Logical Reasoning) Part B: 75 Questions of specific language.
100 Questions (Language Comprehension/ Verbal Ability, Mathematical/ Quantitative ability, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning)
100 Questions (Language Comprehension/ Verbal Ability, General Knowledge/ Awareness, Computer Basics and Logical Reasoning)
CUET 2023 Syllabus
Candidates must prepare for CUET 2023 through 12th class syllabus. As per CUET syllabus –
In Section IA & IB – Language to be tested through Reading Comprehension (based on different types of passages–Factual, Literary and Narrative [Literary Aptitude & Vocabulary]
For Section II, refer NCERT books.
In Section III- General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning (Simple application of basic mathematical concepts arithmetic/algebra geometry/mensuration/stat taught till Grade 8), Logical and Analytical Reasoning
CUET Preparation Tips
Candidates must check following CUET Preparation tips & tricks while studying for the exam:
- Make proper time table & strictly follow it on regular basis.
- Know detail exam pattern & syllabus.
- Focus of stronger topics & work on weaker areas.
- Try to complete your topics & syllabus few days before examination.
- Do not get panic & keep meditating.
- Take proper sleep & diet.
CUET FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
CUET 2023 Admit Card
CUET 2023 admit card will be made available via online mode for both UG & PG level courses. It will be released separately for both courses. For UG courses, candidates will be able to download the admit card from first week if June 2023 whereas for PG, it will be released from third week of July 2022.
To download hall ticket, candidates will have to use their login credentials such as application number & passwords. Admit card will contain all details such as candidate’s name, roll number, exam date, time & venue and all exam instructions. It will be mandatory for all candidates to carry admit card at the exam venue.
CUET 2023 Answer Key
Candidates will be able to check CUET UG 2023 answer key from third week of June 2023 for UG courses & first week of August 2023 for PG courses. It will be available on website via online mode only. With the help of answer key, candidates will be able to assume their marks even before the result declaration.
Answer key will consists of all the answers of the questions asked in the question paper. Authority will also give candidates a chance to challenge or make objection against answer key within limited time period. To raise objection, candidates will also have to submit the fee. After objection periods get over, authority will also release final answer key.
CUET 2023 Result
Candidates will b able to check CUET 2023 Result via online mode. No other mode will be entertained to check result. To check result, candidates will have to use their login credentials. For Ug courses, it will be made available in last week of June 2023 & in second week of August 2023 for PG courses.
The result will be published in the form of score card/ merit list. The merit list will be prepared by the participating universities. Candidates will also be able to check their rank secured, qualifying status & individual marks scored in each subject.
CUET 2023 Cut Off
Candidates will b able to know the CUET Cut Off 2023 via online mode. No other mode will be entertained to check result. To know cut off, candidates must visit website. It will be released separately for UG courses and separately for PG courses.
Students can check their cut off in the form of qualifying marks for subjects. The cut off will be decided depending upon various factors – numbers seats, number of candidates applied and appeared, etc.
CUET 2023 Counselling
CUET 2023 Counselling process will be held via online mode. It will be conducted by each participating CU’s. Universities will conduct individual counselling on the basis of CUET (UG) 2023 score card provided by the NTA.
For UG courses, it will be held in first week of July 2023 whereas for PG courses, it will be held in third week of August 2023. It will be mandatory for all qualified candidates to participate in the counselling process.
If you have any other queries regarding CUET 2023, you can ask us leaving your queries below.