CUET 2023 Exam Pattern (Revised), Marking Scheme – Get Here
CUET 2023 Exam Pattern has been revised. It consists of the marking scheme, duration of the exam, marks division, the mode of examination, etc. Common University Entrance Test (CUET) is conducted once in a year. Candidates will get admissions to the UG, PG and various other programmes. It will be organized to offer admission in various courses offered by the participating universities. In this article, we have mentioned the details of CUET Exam Pattern 2023.
CUET 2023 Exam Pattern – Revised (UG)
CUET UG 2023 Exam Pattern & marking has been revised. The number of questions in Section 2 & 3 has been reduced. Check below for complete pattern details.
Note: Exam will be held in three slots per day (Slot 1 & 2 – 120 minutes & Slot 3 – 180 minutes).
Before proceeding to any competitive exam, it is very important to know the complete exam pattern. With the help of exam pattern, candidates must know about the types of questions which will be going to ask in the examination. Candidates also get an idea of numbers of questions and marking scheme.
If the candidate know details about the exam pattern, then he/she will be able to score good marks by making the useful strategy. So, it is advised to the candidates that first know your complete exam pattern and then go for preparation.
CUET Exam Pattern Details
The exam pattern of CUET 2023 will be comprised in the following manner:
- Examination Mode: The exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Type of Questions: The questions will be based on the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Shifts: There will be 3 shifts per day.
- Language: The questions will be asked in English language.
- Time: Exam will be held in three slots per day (Slot 1 & 2 – 120 minutes & Slot 3 – 180 minutes).
- Choice of Subjects: Maximum of 10 subjects can be chosen by students.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will be awarded with 5 marks.
- Negative Marking: For each wrong answer, -1 marks will be deducted.
|Section||Subjects||Questions to be attempted||Total questions||Questions Type||Duration|
|Section IA||13 different languages (can choose any one)||40||50||Reading comprehension (based on different languages – Factual literary & Narrative, Literary Aptitude & Vocabulary)||45 minutes for each language|
|Section IB||20 different languages (can choose any language apart from Section IA)|
|Section II- Domain||27 Domains specific subjects (can choose any subject as per university)||35||40||Input Text for MCQ based questions (it will be on the bases of 12th NCERT syllabus)||45 minutes for each domain specific subjects|
|Section III- General Tests||For any such UG programme/ programmes being offered by universities where a general exam is used for admission||50||60||60 minutes|
For Integrated M.Tech, B.Tech, Integrated M.Sc, BBA, BA, etc (UGQP01):
- Parts: The exam will be consist of two parts, i.e. Part-A and Part-B. Each section will be 25 or more questions. A candidate is required to answer a set of ‘X’ sections (75 questions).
- Part-A: It will be comprised of total 25 MCQ questions which will be comprised of English, Numerical Aptitude/Data Interpretation, Analytical Skills, Reasoning, General Aptitude, General Knowledge.
- Part-B: A candidate must answer Section I (Physics) & II (Chemistry). From Section III and Section IV, only one section either Mathematics (Section III) or Biology (Section IV) should be attempted and answered. In case, a candidate answers both Mathematics and Biology Sections, best of three sections i.e. Section I, II and either III or IV will be evaluated and considered for result preparation.
For Integrated M.Sc, MA, B.VOC, BPA, Diploma (UGQP02):
- Paper: There will be only one test paper for this session.
- Number of Questions: The question paper will comprise of 100 MCQs from the following discipline. i.e. English, Numerical Aptitude/ Data Interpretation, Analytical Skills, Reasoning, General Aptitude, General Knowledge.
For B.VOC (Interior Design) (UGQP03):
- Parts: The aptitude test consists of a question paper of maximum 100 marks which will be in two parts:
- Part A: 25 Marks; 30 minutes duration
- This paper will contain objective type questions as per table given below:
|Type||Number of Questions|
|Basic Mathematics (Geometry, Mensuration, percentage calculations etc.)||10|
|Spatial Intelligence (paper folding, shapes etc.)||10|
|General awareness (about interiors as seen in homes and surroundings)||5|
- Part B: 75 Marks; 1 hour and 30 minutes duration.
- This contains questions to test basic drawing skills, sense of aesthetics, lateral thinking and ability to articulate ideas.
Other Instructions regarding Exam Pattern
- The candidates have to attempt any three sections with a combination of PCM/ PCB. Candidates must sure that they have appeared in respective subjects at 10+2 or equivalent qualifying examination.
- For Admission into Integrated Courses/B.Voc./MBA/MCA/LLB or any other general courses, only one paper will be conducted which will be comprised of 100 MCQs. It will be consisting of English language, reasoning, data interpretations/ numerical ability, general awareness and analytical skills.
- The candidates have to choose one correct answer and mark on OMR Sheet. If a candidate marks multiple entries in the OMR Sheet for the single question, it will be considered as the wrong answer and will be given negative marking.
If you have any other query regarding CUET 2023 Exam Pattern, you can write your queries in the given below comment box.