CUSAT 2019: CAT Result, Cut off, Counselling, Admission Process
CUSAT CAT 2019 Seat Allotment has been released. Cochin University of Science & Technology is an authority to conduct the CUSAT 2019 university level entrance exam. It is conducted by the name of CUSAT Common Admission Test (CAT) for admission in B.Tech and various PG courses. It also conducts the Lateral Entry Test (LET) and Department Admission Test (DAT). Candidates can get admission in its three affiliated campuses. Candidates can also apply on the basis of GATE and MAT score. Candidates can get here complete details about CUSAT 2019.
CUSAT 2019 Notifications
The Application form for CUSAT 2020 will be released in January, 2020.
CUSAT CAT 2019 Seat Allotment for B.Tech courses has been released. Check here for counselling details.
CUSAT CAT 2019 Result (Rank Lists) has been released on 10th May 2019. Check here for result details.
CUSAT 2019 Exam Dates
The official exam dates for CUSAT is given in the table.
|Online registration starts from||30th January 2019|
|Last date to submit application form||21st February 2019|
|Last date to submit application with late fee||28th February 2019|
|Remittance of fee (online only)||30th January – 1st March 2019|
|Extended period for online registration to M.Tech programmes||15th March – 21st April 2019 (30th April with late fee)|
|Availability of admit card||25th March – 7th April 2019|
|Exam Date||6th & 7th April 2019|
|Releasing of answer key||10th April 2019|
|Result declaration||10th May 2019|
|Starting of counselling||16th May 2019|
CUSAT Result 2019
CUSAT result 2019 has been uploaded on the university website from 10th May 2019. Candidates can view their results through online mode. Candidates will also able to get the CUSAT cut off marks 2019 after released by the university.
The university has also release the CUSAT answer key after few days of the completion of the exam. Candidates can verify their questions marked by them in the exam with the help of answer key.
CUSAT Admission 2019
Candidates those have submitted application for CAT 2019 and have submitted the prescribed fee will be only considered for CAT 2019 and allied admission procedures (except for the programme M.Tech Marine Biotechnology).
All admissions are based on the merit of the candidates prepared from the entrance test conducted by university. On the basis of the valid score/rank obtained in the prescribed test/examination and score obtained in the group discussion/interview, the admissions will be offered.
CUSAT 2020 will be organized by the Cochin Science and Technology University. The university conducts the entrance exam as the Common Entrance Test (CAT), Lateral Entrance Test (LET), Department Admission Test (DAT) on a university level. Candidates can also apply on the basis of GATE and MAT score to its offered courses.
CUSAT Admit Card 2019
The CUSAT admit card 2019 has been released through online mode only. It is made available for downloading from 25th March to 7th April 2019. Candidates should check their CAT test timing in the admit card.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
CUSAT Application Form 2019
Candidates should read the information mentioned in the prospectus and fill the application form.
- The candidates can fill the application form through online mode.
- The CUSAT application form 2019 has been started from 30th January 2019.
- Candidates can fill the application form till 28th February 2019 with late fee.
- Candidates have to fill all the details carefully.
- No hard copy of the filled application form will be sent to the University by post.
- Candidates those applying on the basis of GATE Score or MAT shall email a soft copy of their Score Sheet/Mark List to CUSAT on or before the final date for on-line submission of application.
The CUSAT 2019 application fee is different for each course. Here, we have mentioned the fee for various categories.
|General Candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|For Kerala SC/ST candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|International Candidates / PIO/ Children of Indian Gulf Workers||US$ 100|
|NRI Seats||Rs. 5000/-|
|Candidates opting for Dubai as Test Centre||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Ph.D and M.Phil Programmes||Rs. 1,000 (Rs. 500 for SC/ST Candidates)|
|PDF, Diploma, Certificate Programmes||Rs. 100 (Rs. 50 for SC/ST Candidates)|
Candidates have to fulfill the all eligibility criteria given below:
- Candidates belong to Kerala SC (KSC) and Kerala ST (KST) communities are eligible for applying.
- SEBC candidates of Kerala State those are certified as belonging to non-creamy layer are eligible for 5% relaxation in the minimum required marks for qualifying examination.
For UG Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: For all UG programmes, candidate should have completed their 12th from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: For UG Programmes (except Marine Engineering), SEBC candidates belong to Non-Creamy Layer of Kerala State have to obtain 45% in PCM (physics, Chemistry Mathematics) taken together.
- B.Com LLB/BBA LLB: 10+2 examination should be passed with 60% marks (for science group) and 55% marks (for Arts/Commerce/Humanities group).
- Age Limit: 20 years as on 1st July 2019 (22 years for SC/ST and OBC candidates).
- LLB: Graduation in any stream from a University recognized from CUSAT by securing 40% aggregate marks (35% for SC/ST).
- Appearing candidates may also apply.
For PG Courses:
- MCA: Science graduate with Mathematics as one of the subjects or graduate in Electronics/Information Technology/Computer Science/Computer Applications/ Engineering/Technology with 55% aggregate marks (except language & humanities).
- LL.M.: Bachelor’s degree in law with minimum 45% marks.
- M.Tech Course: Candidates those applying on the basis of GATE score card can avail the 5% relaxation in the qualifying examination marks.
CUSAT Exam Pattern
Here, candidates can check the CUSAT exam pattern for various UG and PG courses.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through online (CBT) mode.
- Duration of Exam: The time allotted to answer the questions will be about 3 hours.
- Type of Question: The question paper will be of objective type questions.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct response 3 marks will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: For each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
|Programmes||Subjects||No. of Questions|
|First Year B.Tech/Integrated M.Sc in Photonics||Mathematics||125|
|BBA.LL.B. (Hons.)/B.Com.LL.B. (Hons.)||General English||50|
|Reasoning and Logical Thinking Ability||50|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||25|
|Law Related Matters||25|
|General Knowledge/Current Affairs||25|
The syllabus for each course is different so, the university will release the syllabus for each course on their website. The syllabus for the B.Tech first year will be based on plus two (12th) standard. It will contain questions from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects. Candidates can check the syllabus as per the course opted by them.
If you have any other queries about CUSAT 2019, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.