DU 2023 Exam Pattern, Delhi University Marking – Check Here
DU 2023 Exam Pattern comprises of a number of questions, exam duration, marking scheme, etc. University of Delhi (Delhi University) is one of the prestigious university of India. The university offers admissions into various UG & PG courses in university and its affiliated colleges. These courses are offered in the field of science, commerce, arts, engineering, management, etc. DU provides admission to these courses on the basis of entrance test & merit list. In this article, we have updated complete details about Delhi University Exam Pattern 2023.
DU 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check here complete details about Delhi University Exam Pattern for all the UG & PG courses:
For UG through CUET:
- Mode of Exam: The examination will be conducted through online (CBT) mode only.
- Maximum choice of subjects: From all three sections, candidates can choose maximum of 10 subjects.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions will be asked in the examination.
- Langauge: Question paper will be available in 13 languages.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 5 marks will be awarded while 1 marks will get deducted for each wrong answer.
|Section||Subjects||Questions to be attempted||Total questions||Questions Type||Duration|
|Section IA||13 different languages (can choose any one)||40||50||Reading comprehension (based on different languages – Factual literary & Narrative, Literary Aptitude & Vocabulary)||45 minutes for each language|
|Section IB||20 different languages (can choose any language apart from Section IA)|
|Section II- Domain||27 Domains specific subjects (can choose any subject as per university)||35||40||Input Text for MCQ based questions (it will be on the bases of 12th NCERT syllabus)||45 minutes for each domain specific subjects|
|Section III- General Tests||For any such UG programme/ programmes being offered by universities where a general exam is used for admission||50||60||60 minutes|
For PG Courses:
- Exam Date: The examination will be organised from 1st to 10th June 2023.
- Exam Mode: The entrance exam will be conducted via online mode.
- Exam Duration: The duration of examinations will be two hours.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will be the MCQs type (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Marking Scheme: For a correct response, 4 marks will be awarded to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking for the wrong answer. One mark will be deducted for an incorrect response.
- Answering Mode: Candidates must bring black/blue ball point pen for filling the OMR sheet (For offline exams).
|Pattern||Question Paper||Paper Code|
|1||There will be 100 questions divided into two parts|
Part A: There will be 25 Questions consisting of Language Comprehension/ Verbal Ability
Part B: 75 Domain Knowledge Questions Comprising of Teaching Aptitude, Mathematics, Social Science & Science
|The no. of Questions will be 100 & divided into two parts|
Part A: 25 MCQ’s consisting of Language Comprehension, Verbal Ability, General Awareness, Mathematical/ Quantitative Ability & Analytical Skills
|PGQP02 to PGQP07 PGQP09 to PGQP37 PGQP39|
PGQP41 to PGQP59 PGQP61 to PGQ73 PGQP75 to PGQ77
|2||100 questions will be divided into two parts|
Part A : 25 Questions (Language Comprehension/Verbal Ability, General Knowledge, and Mathematical/Quantitative ability )
|PGQP08 PGQP74 PGQP78|
|The no. of questions will be 100 and divided into two parts|
Part A: 25 Questions (General Knowledge/Awareness, MathematicalAbility and Logical Reasoning) Part B: 75 Questions of specific language.
|3||100 Questions (Language Comprehension/ Verbal Ability, Mathematical/ Quantitative ability, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning)||PGQP38|
|100 Questions (Language Comprehension/ Verbal Ability, General Knowledge/ Awareness, Computer Basics and Logical Reasoning)||PGQP40|
DU Syllabus 2023
Delhi University Syllabus 2023 for UG & PG entrance test is prescribed by the university. For UG courses, the syllabus is based on class 11th & 12th standard subjects.
For PG course, it is based on graduation level study. For exam preparation, candidates should follow the official syllabus. Candidates must also prepare from last year question papers & model papers.
If you have any query about DU 2023 Exam Pattern, you can ask us by leaving your comments in the comment box.