GATE 2018: CCMT Counselling, CCMT Registration, Cut-off, Schedule
GATE 2018 CCMT Counselling Seat Allotment for NSR Round has been released on 23rd July 2018. GATE 2018 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an national level entrance exam for admission to PG courses in the field of engineering and technology. Candidates can get admissions into M.Tech./Ph.D. programmes in IITs , IISc, IISERs and other reputed institutions through GATE score. Every year, GATE is organized by the seven zonal IITs and an IISc on rotational basis. This year, GATE exam is conducted by IIT, Guwahati. Apart from granting admission, the score of gate exam is also considered as one of the criteria for recruitment to government and private organizations working in technical fields. Aspirants can check here complete details about GATE 2018 Entrance Examination.
GATE 2018 Notification:
GATE 2019 Full Notification, Eligibility, Syllabus & other details have been released. The examination will be conducted on 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2018. Check here for GATE 2019.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
GATE 2018 CCMT Counselling Seat Allotment for NSR Round has been released on 23rd July 2018. Check here for counselling details.
GATE 2018 CCMT Counselling for NSR Round has been started from 4th July 2018. Check here for counselling details.
GATE 2018 CCMT Counselling Seat Allotment for 3rd round has been declared on 10th June 2018. Check here for counselling details.
Admissions Closing Shortly
GATE 2018 Qualifying Marks Cut-off for various papers has been released now. Check here for cut-off.
GATE 2018 CCMT Counselling Seat Allotment for 2nd round has been declared on 28th May 2018. Candidates can pay the seat acceptance fee from 29th May to 1st June 2018. Check here for counselling details.
GATE 2018 CCMT Counselling Seat Allotment for 1st round has been declared on 20th May 2018. Candidates can pay the seat acceptance fee from 21st – 24th May 2018. Check here for counselling details.
GATE 2018 Score Card has been released on 20th March 2018. Check here for score card details.
GATE 2018 Result has been announced on 16th March 2018. Check here for result details.
GATE 2018 CCMT Counselling (choice filling & locking) can be done from 8th – 14th May 2018. Check here for counselling details.
GATE 2018 Final Answer Keys have been released on 14th March 2018. Check here for answer key details.
GATE 2018 Answer Keys & Question Papers (official) have been released on 19th February 2018. Check here for answer key details.
GATE 2018 Candidate’s Responses have been released. Candidates can check their responses via GOAPS login. Check here for answer key details.
Challenge against GATE 2018 Answer Key has closed by 23rd February 2018.
GATE 2018 Admit Card has been released on 4th January 2018. Click here for admit card details.
Note: Softcopy of Admit Card in Mobile Phones is not accepted for verification at the examination centre. Please bring a printout of the Admit Card (preferably in color) along with Original Photo ID.
GATE 2018 Mock Tests for various courses are available for practice now. Click here for mock test & preparation tips.
GATE 2018 Examination Schedule for various papers has been released now. Click here to view exam schedule.
List of GATE 2018 Defective Application Rejected has been released now. Click here to view the list.
List of duplicate GATE 2018 Applications rejected has been released now. Click here to view the list.
Note: No further requests will be entertained for correction of particulars given in GATE 2018 application form.
Note: Applicants, who have not verified the email address and mobile number during submission of GATE application, are advised to verify the email and mobile number at the earliest by logging into the GOAPS portal.
GATE 2018 Application Correction in Choices of Examination City has been over by 17th November 2017. Click here for correction details.
Requests for Correction in GATE 2018 Application Form are going on. Click here for correction details.
GATE 2018 Application Correction in Gender, Category and PwD status has been over by 28th October 2017. Click here for correction details.
Note: If the status of your application is “Under Scrutiny”, you need not worry. Wait till the scrutiny team processes your application. Only those candidates whose applications need to be rectified in photo/signature/supporting documents, will be contacted by email and SMS. The scrutiny process will continue even after the application portal is closed.
GATE 2018 Registration Last Date has been over by 9th October 2017 (8:00 PM). Click here for registration details.
GATE 2018 Information Bulletin has been released now. Click here for details.
GATE 2018 Exam Date
GATE 2018 exam dates have been declared now. Candidates may check official dates below.
|Commencement of Online Application Form||1st September 2017|
|Last Date of Application Form Submission||9th October 2017 (Extended)|
|Last Date for correction in Gender, Category & PwD status||28th October 2017|
|Correction in examination city||13th – 17th November 2017|
|Admit Card Availability||4th January 2018|
|GATE 2018 Exam Date||3rd, 4th February & 10th, 11th February 2018|
(Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon)
|Answer Key Released On||19th February 2018|
|Challenges/Contests by Candidates on Answer Key with Payment||21st – 23rd February 2018|
|Final answer key release||14th March 2018|
|Result Declaration||16th March 2018|
|Downloading of Score Card Begins||20th March to 31st May 2018|
|Counselling notification release||26th March 2018|
|Choice filling starts||3rd April 2018|
GATE 2018 Counselling
No common GATE 2018 counselling is conducted by IITS for providing admission to PG courses. Students have to apply individually to the IITs when the admission notification is released. NITs organizes the Centralized Counselling for M.Tech. / M.Arch./ M.Plan. Admissions (CCMT). It is the common counselling conducted by NITs every year. Counselling is purely based on GATE 2018 scores. The counselling registration has been started from 3rd April 2018.
GATE 2018 Cut Off
GATE Cut off marks decides the candidate’s eligibility for admission to IITs and IISc. It is the factor which decides whether candidates is qualified in the exam or not. GATE 2018 cut off marks varies stream-wise and category-wise. The cut-off marks for reserved category candidates are primarily low than the unreserved category candidates.
GATE 2018 Result
GATE 2018 result has been published on the GOAPS portal of GATE website. The result has been declared on 16th March 2018. After the declaration of result, GATE Scorecards will be available for the candidates who secure marks equal or more than the cut-off marks.
GATE 2018 Score Card
The qualified candidates are provided with a GATE scorecard which has the validity of three years from the date of announcement of result. GATE 2018 score card reflects the candidate’s performance in entrance test. The facility to download the scorecard has been provided from 20th March to 31st May 2018.
GATE 2018 Answer Key
GATE 2018 answer key has been released officially on 19th February 2018. Candidates can check the answer key via online mode. The answer keys for various papers has been released along with question papers. The authority has provided the answer key separately for each discipline. Answer key challenge facility is also open for payment of a nominal fee. Candidates are able to challenge the answer key between 21st to 23rd February 2018. The final answer key has been published on 14th March 2018.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) will be managed by the IITs & IISc, Bangalore on a rotation basis. This exam is a national level examination. It is organized for providing admission into masters & direct doctoral programmes in engineering/technology/architecture and doctoral programme in relevant branches of science.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
GATE Registration 2018
The brief details of GATE Registration are given below:
- All the candidates have to apply online only.
- GATE registration 2018 was started on the 1st September 2017.
- The last date for registration was extended till 9th October 2017.
- The authority provides a period of approx one month for the application process.
- Aspirants have to fill GATE 2018 application form through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- Candidates have to register as a “New User”.
- After successful registration, they will get the access to GOAPS.
- Due to last minute rush, the mandatory verification of email and mobile number (before submitting the GATE application form) was relaxed.
- Candidates will be able to submit the application form now without verifying the email address and mobile number.
- Thereafter, they are required to login using GOAPS Enrollment ID and GOAPS Password.
- While filling the application form, students need to upload scanned photograph, signature, degree certificate or category certificate.
- Pay the application fee through online mode before the due date.
- However, candidates will be required to verify the email and mobile number later by login to GOAPS.
- Take printout of the application for further use.
Candidates can pay the application fee via Net banking, debit card or e-challan. GATE 2018 registration fee details is given below:
|Women Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|GATE International Candidates||US Dollars 50|
Check Here – How to Fill GATE 2018 Application Form
GATE 2018 Application Form Correction
Application correction in exam city was started from 13th November 2017. It was done via GOAPS login till 17th November. Modifications are permitted in the GATE 2018 application form only in limited entries. Requests for correction in application form has been started now. The GATE application correction are allowed only after the submission of application form. In case, if any mistake has committed by the candidate in application then, he/she has to sent an email subjecting “Correction in data (Enrollment Number)” along with the document proof.
GATE Corrections/Modifications will be granted in the following fields:
- Name of Candidate
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Status from Gen to OBC and OBC to General
- Have you graduated in the above degree?
- Year of Qualifying Degree
GATE Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check GATE eligibility criteria. In order to fill the GATE application form 2018, students should have any one of the qualification as mentioned below:
|Qualification Required||Description about the Qualifying Degree||Status of the Degree||Year of Passing|
|B.E./B.Tech/B.Pharm||4-years B.Tech (after 10+2) in any stream or 3-years B.Tech lateral entry (after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology). Final year candidates may also apply.||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Arch||5-years bachelor’s degree in Architecture||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Sc. Research/B.S.||4-years Bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma or after 10+2)||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|M. Sc./M.A./MCA or|
|Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in final year or completed||2018|
|4-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology||Presently in 2nd/3rd/4th year or completed||2010|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology||Currently in 4th/5th year or completed||2019|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated|
B. S./M. S. program
|Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|Professional Society Examination equivalent to B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional|
Note: International candidates should have completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Post-graduate (M.Sc.) degree in any relevant science subject.AT the time of filling the application form, students have to upload their proof of qualification eligibility. Students who have passed the qualifying degree in 2017 or before are required to submit the degree certificate/provisional certificate while the other candidates have to upload certificate from Principal/head of the institution.
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
The detailed GATE 2018 exam pattern is given below:
- Course: GATE is conducted for M.Tech./Ph.D. programme in IITs , IISc and various other institutions.
- Number of Papers: GATE 2018 is held for total 23 papers. Candidates are allowed to appear in only one of the 23 papers.
- Mode of Examination: The examination mode will be online only (CBT).
- Exam Duration: The examination duration will be 3 hours.
- Number of Questions: Total 65 questions of maximum 100 marks will be asked in GATE 2018.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) & Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT) will appear in GATE examination. For MCQ, 4 choices will be provided while there will be no options provided for NAT. Students are required to enter the real number in Numerical Answer Type Questions with the help of virtual keypad.
- Section Common in All GATE Papers: General Aptitude (GA) section is common in all papers. It will contain total 150 questions of maximum 15 marks (5 questions of 1 mark and 5 questions of 2 marks).
- New Section: In the paper of XE, new section (H) namely Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences has been included from the year 2017.
- Marking Scheme: MCQ and NAT questions will carry 1 or 2 marks in all papers.
- Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking of 1/3 marks for the questions carrying 1 mark. Likewise, for questions carrying 2 marks, 2/3 marks will be deducted. No negative marking for Numerical Answer Type questions.
Exam Pattern For All Papers Except GG, XE, XL:
- 25 questions of 1 mark each.
- 30 questions of 2 marks each.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper GG:
- Part A – 25 questions of 1 mark each. This part is common for all candidates.
- Part B – 30 questions of 2 marks each. This part has two sections, section-1 is of Geology and section-2 is of Geophysics.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper XE:
- Section A – Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory Section) – Total 11 questions will be asked. 7 questions of 1 mark each and 4 questions of 2 marks each. It is common to all candidates.
- Any two of XE sections from B to H – 22 questions. 9 questions carrying 1 mark and 13 questions carrying 2 marks.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper XL:
- Section P – Chemistry (compulsory section) – It contains total 15 questions (5 questions of 1 marks and 10 questions of 2 marks).
- Any two of XL sections Q to U – Total 20 questions (10 questions of 1 mark each and 10 questions of 2 marks).
- 10 questions from GA.
GATE Virtual Calculator
GATE virtual calculator is the online calculator which contains all the operations and functions for carrying out calculations. The virtual calculator will be provided during online examination. No physical calculator will be allowed in the examination hall. Students have to use the virtual calculator for solving Numerical Answer Type Questions.
It is known that GATE is held for 23 papers. Syllabus for each discipline is different. For an effective preparation, it is important to know each and every topic from where the questions will be asked. It is hard to describe the complete syllabus of GATE in few lines. However, the students can download the official PDF of GATE 2018 syllabus for AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, EY, XE, GG, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH, PI, TF and XL.
How to Prepare For GATE 2018
Preparation for GATE 2018 needs lot of hard work and dedication. Candidates are advised to study sincerely without getting unduly stressed out. Here are the few tips for preparing the GATE 2018:
- Go through the syllabus of the paper for which you are preparing the exam.
- Plan your daily and weekly time table.
- Decide your study hours.
- Know your weakness and strength.
- Practice Previous Years Question Paper
- Practice online Mock Tests.
- Refer GATE Books that covers the entire syllabus.
- Most importantly, take care of your health.
GATE 2018 Admit Card
Admit card can be downloaded from the GOAPS website (link is given above). It will not be sent via email/post. The successfully registered candidates can download the GATE 2018 admit card from 4th January 2018. With the printed copy of admit card, students also need to bring one identification proof to the examination hall.
ID proof may be any of these:
Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, Valid College ID, Employee identification card or Driving License. From international students, only valid Passport/ Government issued ID/College ID/ Employee ID will be accepted as ID proof.
If candidates have any query regarding GATE 2018, they can leave their comments below.