GATE 2022: Application Form (Till 24th Sep), Exam Dates (Out), Eligibility
GATE 2022 Application Form can be filled till 24th September 2021. Exam Dates has been released. GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a national level engineering entrance exam. Every year it is being conducted by IISC Bangalore and seven IIT’s. GATE 2022 is being organised by IIT, Kharagpur. Through this exam, the qualified candidates get admission into master’s & direct doctoral programs in the field of Engineering/ Architecture/ Technology/ Arts & Science, etc. Qualification in GATE is mandatory for seeking admission in various institutions. Also, GATE scores are used by many PSUs for their recruitment procedure. In this article, we have provided complete information related to GATE 2022 application, exam dates, eligibility, pattern, etc.
GATE 2022 Notifications – Application Till 24th Sep
GATE 2022 Registration can be done till 24th September 2021. Check here for application details.
GATE 2022 Exam will be conducted on 5th, 6th, 12th and 13th February 2022. Two new papers NM (Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering) and GE (Geomatics Engineering) has been added in GATE 2022 exam. Check other details from below.
GATE 2022 will be held for 29 subjects. Two new papers have been added this year – Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering, and Geomatics Engineering. Check other details from below.
GATE 2022 exam will be organized by IIT Kharagpur. Check other details from below.
GATE 2022 Important Dates
Students can check complete GATE Exam dates for session 2022 in the below section:
|Events||Dates 2022 (Announced)|
|Release of notification||1st August 2021|
|Release of application form||2nd September 2021|
|End of application process||24th September 2021|
|Last date of registration with late fee payment||1st October 2021|
|Last date to make changes in category, paper and exam city with additional fee payment||12th November 2021|
|Release of admit card||3rd January 2022|
|GATE 2022 Exam||5th, 6th, 12th, 13th February 2022|
|Release of answer key||February/ March 2022|
|Declaration of result||17th March 2022|
|Availability of scorecard||21st March to 31st May 2022|
|Counselling starts||In the month of April 2022|
GATE 2022 Application Form
We have provided complete details about GATE 2022 Application form in the below given section:
- Students can apply for GATE 2022 from 2nd September 2021.
- The application form can be filled through GOAPs portal online.
- The application process consist of various steps – Online Registration, filling of personal, academic & other details, uploading of images/ documents, payment of application fee, etc.
- Candidates must go through complete instructions provided for registration before filling the application form.
- Last date of submission of application form is till 24th September 2021 (without late fee). With late fee, candidates can register online till 1st October 2021.
- Entire process of application including uploading of images/ documents can be done through online mode. Sending of hard copy of application or documents to authority is not required.
- There are 29 subjects (papers) in GATE 2022. Candidates can appear for one or two papers.
- Candidates must fill only one application form even if he/ she is appearing for two papers. More than one application forms will get rejected & fee will not be refunded.
- Students are provided correction facility till 12th November 2021 in the category, paper & exam city by paying additional fee.
- After completion of application process, students must take printout of the application form for further reference.
- Application Fee for various categories and centres can be checked in the below given table:
- Payment mode: Application fee payment can be done through online mode using debit /credit card/ net banking/ wallet.
- The application fee is non-refundable or transferable.
|For Exam Centres in India||Application Fee (Regular Period)||During the Extended Period (Application fee + late fee)|
|Female candidates||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
|SC/ST/PwD category candidates||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
|All other candidates||Rs. 1500||Rs. 2000|
|For Foreign nationality/ NRIs|
|Exam Centres in India||Rs. 1500||Rs. 2000|
GATE 2022 Application Correction
In case of mistakes in application details while filling the application, candidates can make correction during correction period. GATE application correction window will open after the completion of registration process.
Students are advised to make correction in the application before the last date of correction. Candidates will be able to make changes in category, paper and exam city with additional fee payment till 12th November 2021.
No correction facility will be provided after the last date. Failing to make correction in application form will lead to rejection of form.
GATE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check complete GATE Eligibility criteria in the given below section before filling application form:
General Eligibility Criteria:
- Applying candidate must have completed or currently studying in 3rd year or higher years of UG degree course in the field of Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Commerce/ Arts/ Science.
- There is no age limit to appear for GATE exam.
Course -Wise Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates can check complete course wise eligibility criteria in the below given table:
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree/ Examinations||Eligibility||Year of Qualification not later than|
|B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 OR 3 years after B.Sc./ Diploma in Engineering/ Technology)||Currently in the 3rd year OR higher grade OR already completed||2023|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (5 years course)/ Naval Architecture (4 years course)/ Planning (4 years course)||Currently in the 3rd year OR higher grade OR already completed||2024 (for 5 year) & 2022 (for 4 year)|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 3rd year OR higher grade OR already completed||2023|
|Pharm. D. (after 10+2)||Degree holder of 6 years program, consisting of internship OR residency training. during 3rd year onwards||Currently in the 3rd/4th/5th/6th year OR already completed||2025|
|MBBS||Degree holders of M.B.B.S. and those who are in the 5th/ 6th/ 7th semester OR higher semester of such programme.||5th, 6th, 7th OR higher semester OR already completed||2023|
|M. Sc./ M.A./ MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications/ Arts or equivalent||Currently in the first year OR higher OR already completed||2023|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.)||Post- BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (4 years program)||Currently in the 1st/ 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th year OR already completed||2025|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/ Technology (5 years program)||Currently in the 3rd/ 4th/ 5th year OR already completed||2024|
|Int. M.Sc./ Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. OR 5 years integrated B.S.-M.S. program||Currently in the 3rd year OR higher OR already completed||2023|
|B.Sc/ B.Com/ B.A||Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Arts/ Commerce/ Science (3 years program)||Currently in the 3rd year OR already completed||2022|
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch.)||B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MoE/ UPSC/ AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India and so on)||Completed Section A OR equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
GATE 2022 Exam Pattern
Check below complete details related to GATE Exam pattern:
- Examination Mode: GATE exam will be conducted in online CBT mode.
- Number of subjects/ papers: In GATE exam there will be 29 papers.
- Number of Sections: There will be two sections in paper – General Aptitude (GA) & Candidate’s selected subject.
- Type of Questions: There will be some multiple-choice questions (MCQs). While the remaining questions will include Multiple Select Questions (MSQs) and/ or Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- Number of Questions: There will be total of 65 questions in the paper. 10 questions in GA section and 55 questions in candidate’s selected subject.
- Time Duration: The paper will be of 3 hours duration.
- Maximum Marks: Paper will be of total 100 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Questions in paper will be of 1 and 2 marks. There will be negative marking in MCQs for each incorrect answer chosen. In MCQs section, 1/3 mark will be deducted for 1-mark MCQ and likewise 2/3 mark will be deducted for 2-mark MCQ. There will be no negative marking for incorrect option chosen in MSQ & NAT section.
Check detailed marks distribution in the below given table:
|Paper Code||General Aptitude (GA) section||Subject Marks||Total Marks|
|AE, BT, AG, CH, CE, CY, CS, EE, EC, EY, ES, MA, IN, MN, ME, PE, MT, PI, PH, ST, TF & BM||15||85||100|
|AR (Part A + Part B (B1: Architecture or B2: Planning)||15||60 + 25||100|
|GE (Part A + Part B (Section 1 or Section II)||15||55 + 30||100|
|GG (Part A + Part B (Section 1 Geology OR Section 2 Geophysics))||15||25 + 60||100|
|XE (Section A + Any two sections)||15||15 + (2 x 35)||100|
|XH (Section B1 + Any one section)||15||25 + 60||100|
|XL (Section P + Any two sections)||15||25 + (2 x 30)||100|
GATE Papers & Codes
|Architecture & Planning||AR||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Bio medical Engineering||BM||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Chemistry||CY||Production & Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS||Textile Engineering & Fibre Science||TF|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Engineering Sciences||XE|
|Ecology & Evolution||EY||Life Sciences||XL|
|Environmental Science & Engineering||ES||Humanities & Social Sciences||XH|
|Geology & Geophysics||GG||Geomatics Engineering||GE|
|Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering||NM|
GATE 2022 Syllabus
GATE Syllabus 2022 for various subjects/ papers can be checked through online mode on the website. Students must go through the complete syllabus provided on the website of GATE.
We have provided below some of the topics which come under various GATE subjects/ papers. To know about complete GATE Syllabus, check here:
Bio-medical Engineering (BM): Engineering Mathematics, Signals and Systems, Electrical Circuits, Measurements and Control Systems, Analog and Digital Electronics, Sensors and Bioinstrumentation, Measurements and Control Systems, Biomechanics, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Biomaterials, Medical Imaging Systems.
Architecture and Planning (AR): Architecture and Design, Construction and Management, Building Materials, Environmental Planning and Design, Building and Structure, etc.
Mathematics (MA): Linear Algebra, Algebra, Complex Analysis, Functional Analysis, Real Analysis, Numerical Analysis, etc.
Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC): Engineering Mathematics, Networks, Electronic Devices, Signals and Systems, Digital Circuits, Analog Circuits, etc.
Chemical Engineering (CH): Process Calculations and Thermodynamics, Engineering Mathematics, Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations, etc.
Instrumentation Engineering (IN): Engineering Mathematics, Signals and Systems, Electrical Circuits, Control Systems, etc.
Petroleum Engineering (PE): Linear Algebra, Petroleum Formation Evaluation, Oil and Gas Well Testing, etc.
Civil Engineering (CE): Engineering Mathematics, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, etc.
Statistics (ST): Calculus, Probability, Linear Algebra, Inference, Stochastic Processes, Multivariate Analysis, Design of Experiments & Regression Analysis.
GATE 2022 Preparation Tips
Go through given below complete GATE Preparation tips for help in exam preparation:
- Students must check complete GATE Syllabus and pattern to know its detailed information.
- Make a proper routine before you start your exam preparation.
- Go through all the topics step by step and revise after completion of syllabus.
- Practice previous year question papers and sample papers.
- Make notes of the important topics and go through these notes during revision.
- Attempt online/ offline mock tests for practice.
- Eat, sleep & also do other activities properly for a fresh mind and body. This helps in maintaining good concentration towards studies.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
GATE 2022 Admit Card
Students will be able to download GATE Admit Card through online mode. It will be available for downloading from 3rd January 2022. The authority will not send any printed copy of admit card to candidates by post.
Complete instructions and exam details like exam centre, date, time, etc. will be mentioned in the admit card. No requests for changes in exam centre, date/ time mentioned in admit card will be entertained by the authority. Students are advised to go through complete details provided in the hall ticket before appearing for the exam.
GATE 2022 Answer Key
GATE Answer key will be made available on the website from third week of February 2022. Along with the answer key, the question papers & candidate’s responses will be also provided on the website.
The authority will first provide the provisional answer key through which candidates will be able to check the correct answers and make objections in case of any discrepancy in the key.
The objection against the answer key can be made by the students for a certain time period with certain payment of fee.
GATE 2022 Cut Off
GATE Cut Off can be checked by the students online after the conclusion of exam. The cut off marks will be separately obtained by the candidates for various subjects/ papers. The cut off marks are the minimum marks which candidates have to obtain in the exam to qualify GATE.
The cut off marks are decided by the authority and released for various category candidates separately. The expected cut off marks can be checked by the candidates below:
|Streams||General||OBC||SC/ ST/ PH|
|Electronics and Communication||25||25.5||16.50|
GATE 2022 Result
Candidates can check GATE Result from the website on 17th March 2022. The results will be out through online mode after the final evaluation of exam papers. Candidates will be able to check their results by entering their login details in the GOAPs portal.
The result will show the candidate’s performance of the entrance exam and tell the qualifying status of the candidate. Students must keep their downloaded result card safely with them till the completion of admission procedure.
GATE 2022 Scorecard
GATE Scorecards will be available on the website for downloading few days after the declaration of result. Only the qualified candidates will be able to obtain it from GOAPs portal. It will be available for downloading free of cost from 21st March to 31st May 2022.
Students are advised to keep the softcopy of scorecard safely for any further reference in future. The scorecard will be valid for 3 years from the date of announcement of result. There is no provision for issue of hardcopies of GATE scorecard.
GATE 2022 Counselling
After the declaration of results, a centralized counselling will be organized by CCMT. GATE Counselling process will start in the month of April 2022. For the participation of the qualified candidates in GATE counselling, the candidates must pay the counselling fee first.
The centralized counselling process of GATE will be carried out in three stages – Online registration, choice filling & locking of choices, online seat allotment, seat acceptance fee payment & physical reporting at centre and admission to allotted institute.
GATE 2022 Admission
After participating in the counselling process, the qualified candidates will be required to download their provisional admission letter (PAL). The admission letter will mention the name of institution and other details where candidates have to report for admission.
On the day of reporting, the students have to carry their all the documents/ certificates for verification. Students have to submit their admission fee & carry out other admission activities as prescribed by the respective institution.
If you have any other query regarding GATE 2022, you can ask you query in the comments section given below.