GATE 2020 Eligibility Criteria, Age Limit & Qualifying Criteria – Check Here
Students wishing to apply for the GATE examination can check the GATE 2020 Eligibility criteria from here. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering also referred as GATE is a national level entrance test which is regulated by IITs & IISC rotationally. This exam will be conducted for those aspirants looking for admissions in M.Tech/ME and other programmes provided by IITs, NITs and other institutions and colleges. For the year 2020, it will be conducted by IIT, Delhi. Here we are providing details about GATE Eligibility 2020.
GATE Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should fulfill the given eligibility to fill GATE 2020 Application Form. Complete details about eligibility criteria are given below:
- There is not any minimum or maximum age limit is prescribed for this examination.
- GATE exams are primarily meant for the candidates those completed their degrees from a recognized university.
- Students appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam/degree are also eligible to apply (except in some 5 year integrated courses and AMIE etc.).
- Candidate who registered after May 31, 2013 for certification equivalent to B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch from any of the professional societies (IE, ICE, IETE, AeSI, IIChemE, IIM, IIE, etc) but meets other eligibility criteria, are also eligible to apply for GATE 2020. However, as the matter is subjudice, the eligibility of such candidates is subjected to further orders of the court.
- There is not any minimum percentage is specified for appearing in GATE examination.
- No attempt limit is prescribed to apply for this exam.
Qualifying Degree Eligibility:
Before applying for the examination, candidates must check the eligibility criteria. Here we have mentioned the qualifying degree/examination for different courses:
|Qualifying Degree/Exam||Qualifying Degree/Exam (Descriptive)||Degree Status||Year of Qualification (Not later than)|
|BE/B.Tech/B.Pharm||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and those students are in the final year of such programs||Pursuing in the final year or already completed||2020|
|B.Arch||Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years)||Pursuing in the final year or already completed||2020|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ BS||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)||Pursuing in the 4th year or already completed||2020|
|M. Sc./ MCA/MA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any stream of Science/Mathematics / Computer Applications/ Statistics or equivalent||Pursuing in the final year or already completed||2020|
|Int. ME/ M.Tech (Post-B.Sc.)||Post-B.Sc Integrated Master degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Four year)||Pursuing in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th year or already completed||2022|
|Int. ME/ M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology (Five year)||Pursuing in the 4th or 5th year or already completed||2021|
|Int. M.Sc/ Int. BS-MS||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated BS/MS program||Pursuing in the final year or already completed||2020|
|Professional Society Examination (equivalent to BE/B.Tech/B.Arch)||BE/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent exams of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE.||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
Candidates, those from Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Ethiopia & Singapore must have to completed or are in the last year of their bachelors degree in engineering/technology or masters degree (M.Sc) in any relevant science subject.
Note: If candidates is studying any higher degree or already get a degree higher than that mentioned in the above table, then candidates can select the minimum required qualifying degree while filling the application form.
For any other queries related to GATE 2020 Eligibility Criteria, you can ask us by leaving your comments below in the comment box.