GATE 2019 Score Card Calculation, Authentic Formula
GATE 2019 Score Card will be released on 20th March 2019. The score card will be available for those candidates who will secure marks more than the qualifying marks set by the GATE 2019 committee. The calculation of the normalization marks will be done for the exams held in multi-sessions. The GATE committee is the authority to decide the passing mark/score for each GATE Paper. The detailed information about GATE 2019 Score Card Calculation is given below.
Calculation of GATE Score (CE/CS/EC/EE/ME)
The number of test taking candidates for CE, CS, EC, EE and ME is large therefore, the examination will be held in multi session. Hence, the committed has decided to calculate the normalized marks separately for the exams having paper code CE, CS, EC, EE and ME. After considering various normalization factors and formulas, the following formula is designed for calculating normalized marks:
Normalized Mark of jth candidate in ith session M^ ij is as follows:
- Mij is the actual marks obtained by the jth candidate in ith session
- Mˉgt is the average marks of the top 0.1% of the candidates considering all sessions
- Mgq is the sum of mean and standard deviation marks of the candidates in the paper considering all session
- Mˉti is the average marks of the top 0.1% of the candidates in the ith session
- Miq is the sum of the mean marks and standard deviation of the ith session
ADMISSION OPEN 2019
- MIT World Peace University, Pune B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- DIT University, Dehradun - B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Chitkara University B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Chandigarh University (Ranked 1 in North India) - Application Open.
With the help of above formula, the candidate’s raw marks will be converted into normalized marks. Now, the candidate’s GATE score will be calculated on the basis of normalized marks.
Calculation of GATE Score (all Papers)
The candidates having the paper code other than CE, CS, EC, EE and ME have to provide their actual marks for the calculation of GATE score. The GATE 2019 score for all the papers will be evaluated through the below mentioned formula:
- M= marks obtained by the candidate (actual marks for single session papers and normalized marks for multi-session papers)
- Mq= is the qualifying marks for general category candidate in the paper
- Mˉt= is the mean of marks of top 0.1% or top 10 (whichever is larger) of the candidates who appeared in the paper (in case of multi-session papers including all sessions)
- Sq= 350, is the score assigned to Mq
- St= 900, is the score assigned to Mˉt
In the formula of GATE 2019 Score, Mq is generally 25 marks (out of 100) or μ+σ, whichever is larger. Here μ is the mean and σ is the standard deviation of marks of all the candidates who will appear the GATE 2019 examination.
In case of any query or doubt regarding GATE 2019 Score Card Calculation, you may ask us by commenting below.