GCET 2023: Exam Date (Out), Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern
GCET 2023 Exam Dates have been announced. The exam is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE). It stands for Goa Common Entrance Test. It is a state level entrance exam conducted for admissions to Degree courses in Engineering and Pharmacy, architecture, Dentistry, etc. The candidate who qualifies for the exam GCET 2023 will get admission to the government and private engineering and Pharmacy colleges of Goa. There are many institutions and colleges which consider the GCET score for seeking admission into different course. In this article, we have provided information regarding the GCET 2023 examination such as the Application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, etc.
GCET 2023 Notifications – Exam Date Released
GCET 2023 Exam Dates have been announced. The exam will be held on 13th & 14th May 2023. Check other dates from below.
GCET 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET)|
|Organization authority||Directorate of Technical Education, Goa|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Category||Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Mode Of Application||Offline Mode|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Computer Based) Mode|
GCET 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates must go through following official exam date for GCET 2023:
|The application form will be release||March 2023|
|Last date to submit application form||April 2023|
|The last date to apply with late fee||April 2023|
|Admit card||May 2023|
|Exam date||13th & 14th May 2023|
|Announcement of result||June 2023|
|Counselling starts||June 2023|
GCET 2023 Application Form
Here are the details regarding the GCET Application form 2023:
- The application form process will be started from 4th week of March 2023.
- The GCET 2023 application form will be available through online mode.
- Candidates need to enter personal details like Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, valid email ID & phone number etc.
- All important information will be send to candidate’s registered mail ID & number, so it must be valid/ working.
- Candidates are advised not to forget to upload recent photograph and signature in the application form.
- Candidate are advised to re-check the details enter in application form before submitting it.
- The last date for the application form submission will be 2nd week of April 2023.
- Candidates need to take the printout of the application form for future reference.
- The application form fee will be paid through offline & online mode.
- The application fee for GCET will be Rs 2000/-
- The late fee for application form will be Rs 1500/-
How to Apply for GCET 2023
- Step-1: Visit the website of GCET 2023 (Link will be given above).
- Step-2:Then register using email id and password.
- Step-3:Click on verification link sent on email and login into fill the application form.
- Step-4:Upload photo and signature and choose the subject options.
- Step-5:Click on link to proceed to payment portal to pay GCET application fee.
- Step-6:After successful completion of payment process, select exam center.
- Step-7: Download the application form for further process.
GCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria for the GCET 2023 examination:
- Nationality: The candidate must be Indian citizen. The candidate who are NRI/OCI/PIO are allowed to apply under the NRI category.
- Subject: The mandatory subjects candidate must have Physics and Mathematics with one following subject Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Biology, Technical Vocational.
- Marks: Candidate must score at least 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST category).
- Scorecard: The candidate must score valid marks in the NATA 2023 exam to be eligible for admission in Architecture courses. NEET UG 2023 scores will be required for medical & dental courses.
- Qualification: Candidates must pass 12th intermediate or its equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Age Limit: Candidate minimum age mut be 17 years as on or before 31st December 2023.
GCET 2023 Exam Pattern
Following are the complete exam pattern for the GCET 2023 examination:
- Mode of Exam: The GCET 2023 exam will conducted through offline mode only.
- Total Questions: Each paper will consist of 75 questions in the exam.
- Type of Questions: There will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in the examination.
- Duration: The duration of exam will be 2 hours to solve the paper.
- Marking scheme: For every correct answer, 1 mark will be given to candidate.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in the exam.
GCET 2023 Syllabus
The Syllabus for GCET will be as per the curriculum of class 12th (Science) of the Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education. Important topics from each subject are as follows:
- Physics: Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic effects Of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems etc.
- Chemistry: Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, General Principles And Processes Of Isolation Of Elements, D And F Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols And Ethers, aldehydes, ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen etc.
- Mathematics: Relations and Functions, Algebra, Calculus, Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry, Linear Programming, Probability etc.
GCET 2023 Preparation Tips
Following are some preparation tips for better preparation for exam:
- After that prepare a timetable for the study.
- Make a timetable in such a way that you can give proper attention to all the subjects.
- Candidates must first get complete details about the exam pattern & syllabus
- Go through the previous year’s question papers as they will give you an idea about the type of questions asked.
- Take a break in between to maintain concentration.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
GCET 2023 Admit Card
The GCET Hall Ticket will release by the authority in May 2023. Candidates need to enter their login credentials to download the admit card through online mode. Candidates who register successfully for the examination will get the admit card.
Candidates need to carry the admit card on the day of the examination. The candidate will not be allowed to sit in the exam hall without admit card & one ID proof. Candidates must also carry one valid ID proof along with the admit card at exam venue.
GCET 2023 Answer Key
The GCET 2023 Answer Key will be release through online mode. GCET 2023 Answer Key will be going to be release after the exam gets over. The answer key for the GCET 2023 will be available for those candidates who have appeared for the exam.
Answer Key will help the candidates to estimate the marks even before the result declaration. The answer key will contain right answer of asked questions. The authority will also give a chance for objection against answer key. After objection dates get over, authority will release final answer key.
GCET 2023 Result
The GCET Result will publish from June 2023. The result will be released via online mode on the website. Authority will release result in the form of merit list for all offered courses bases on GCET 2023 scores. Candidates will have to enter their login credentials to check their results.
After entering the login details result will appear on the screen. Candidates must check the provisional merit list and in case of any error candidate can inform the authority. Authority will release final merit list and shortlisted candidates will have to take part in further admission procedure.
GCET 2023 Counselling
The GCET 2023 counselling will start after the declaration of the result. The GCET 2023 counselling will commence from June 2023 through online mode. It will be mandatory for all the short-listed candidates to participate in the counselling process.
After the submission of the admission form, candidates will be called for the counselling process. The authority will allot seats to the candidates after completion of counselling process. Candidates will also have to bring some important documents for the verification & submission process.
Documents Required for Counseling
- Aadhaar Card
- Acknowledgment card with photograph
- College/school-leaving certificate
- Residence certificate
- Copy of need admit card
- Date of birth certificate
- Photograph on the form
- Statement of marks /certificate/provisional certificate of passing HSSC
If you have any query related to GCET 2023, you can ask by commenting your queries below.