GMAT 2017: Registration, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
The GMAT 2017 (Graduate Management Admission test) is an International level entrance exam managed by the GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council). It is organized to provide admissions in undergraduate management courses offered by foreign institutions and universities. More than 6,000 graduate business school programmes world-wide consider GMAT score for admission in management courses offered by them. GMAT exam is available in 114 countries with more than 600 test centers around the world. Here in this article, we are providing information related to GMAT 2017 including registration, eligibility, important dates, etc.
GMAT 2017 Notification – Registration Available Throughout the Year
GMAT 2017 registration is available throughout the year. Candidates can schedule the test any time within a period of one year. Click here for registration.
GMAT Exam Dates
Candidates who wish to appear for GMAT 2017 exam, must be aware of the exam dates and schedule of the exam. There is no such prescribed date for the GMAT exam. Candidates may schedule the test date and exam centre as per their choice and convenience. It must be noted that candidates may give GMAT test up to five times in period of 12 months, but no more than once in a month period.
GMAT 2017 Registration
- The GMAT 2017 Registration is available all the time (12 months)throughout the year.
- Candidates can register for this exam as per their preference.
- The exam dates and center can also be scheduled as per the candidate’s choices.
- Candidates can apply for this exam one time within a month and not more than five times in a year.
- Candidates can register for GMAT exam through the official site of GMAT.
- The exam fee payment will be made through Visa, MasterCard, American Express and JCB cards.
- Payment also can make through Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders and Personal Checks.
- Candidates are required to pay $ US 250 exam fee.
- Candidates are suggested to keep safe their registration details for further process.
There is not any fixed eligibility criteria mentioned for GMAT exam. Candidates should meet the basic eligibility criteria for this exam which is mentioned below:
- Candidates must have the minimum age of 18 years.
- There is no any upper age limit criteria
- Candidates must have cleared graduation degree from any recognized institution or university.
- Other eligibility criteria will be set by the university or institution where candidate is seeking for admission.
GMAT Exam Pattern
The GMAT question paper comprises of different type of questions.
- No of Questions: The question paper will contain total 91 questions.
- Mode of Exam: This exam will be held through online mode (computer based test).
- Duration: Candidates will get 3 hours, + 30 minutes duration for GMAT exam.
- Subjects: The exam will consist of total four sections such as Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative and Verbal.
The GMAT exam pattern is mentioned below:
|Section||Time Limit (in minutes)||Numbers of Questions||Question Type||Score Range|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||30||1||Analysis of an argument||0 – 6|
|Integrated Reasoning||30||12||Multi Source Reasoning, Table Analysis, Graphics Interpretation, Two-Part Analysis||1 – 8|
|Optional 8 Minutes Break|
|Quantitative||75||37||Data Sufficiency, Problem Solving||0 – 60|
|Optional 8 Minutes Break|
|Verbal||75||41||Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, Sentence Correction||0 – 60|
Firstly plan your preparation time for GMAT exam. Prepare a good time-table as per to the suitable time and divide time equally for all the topics, give some extra time to difficult topics. Choose the best exam preparation books. Practice previous question papers it will help candidates to know about the exam pattern, question weightage, etc.
Before preparing for exams, candidates should have gathered all the information regarding syllabus. The GMAT Syllabus will be composed of Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA), Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative and Verbal sections. In AWA you will be asked to analyze the reasoning behind a given argument (topic) and write a critique of that argument. Integrated reasoning will measure candidate’s skills to evaluate information presented in multiple formats from multiple sources. The Verbal section will contain various topics such as read and understand written material, evaluate arguments and correct written material to conform to standard written English.
GMAT Question Papers
Candidates may also practice from the previous year GMAT question papers. The previous year papers are quite helpful for the students as through these paper candidates get aware of the exam pattern, marking scheme, topics asked etc.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
GMAT 2017 Admit Card
The GMAT 2017 Admit Card will be downloaded through the official site of GMAT. Candidates will be informed through email to download their admit card after few days of the exam appointment. The admit card will contain information such as candidates name & roll number, exam center, exam date & timing, exam instructions, etc. Candidates note down it is mandatory to bring the admit card and ID proof on the examination day.
GMAT 2017 Result
The GMAT 2017 Result will be provided to candidates within three weeks of the examination date. Candidates can check their result through the official website of GMAT. Candidates will be intimated for the score card through e-mail which includes important instructions for online access to score card. The GMAT Score card will contain Analytical Writing Assessment score, past five years GMAT exam scores, personal data provided at the time of registering. Candidates are advised to take printout of your score card for further use.
If you have any other queries related to GMAT 2017, you can ask us by commenting below in the comment box.