How to Apply for JEE Main 2024, Step by Step Form Filling Guide
JEE Main 2024 Registration has been extended till 4th December 2023. JEE Main is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) every year. Through this exam, candidates will get admission into various UG Engineering seats offered by all IITs and NITs across the country. In this article, we have compiled the detailed application procedure to facilitate the candidates so that they may come to know that How to Apply for JEE Main 2024.
JEE Main Registration 2024 – Extended (Session 1)
JEE Main 2024 Application Form has been extended till 4th December 2023. Check here for application details.
Online registration for JEE Main 2024 Exam has been made available from 2nd November 2023 for 1st session. Candidates can fill the application form for 1st session till 4th December 2024
Candidates can fill the JEE Main 2024 Application form through online mode. No hard copy of the application form is entertained.
For 2nd session, the JEE Main application form can be filled from 2nd February 2024. For 2nd session, the registration window can be filled till 2nd March 2024.
JEE Main 2024 Registration Procedure
The entire application process for JEE Main 2024 will only have 4 steps:
- STEP 1 – Registration Process
- STEP 2 – Application Form
- STEP 3 – Fee Payment
- STEP 4 – Download Confirmation Page
Watch the Complete Video of How to fill JEE Main 2024 Application Form:
If you need more information, then continue reading:
STEP – 1: Registration Process:
- Go to the official website of JEE Main 2024 (Link is given above)
- A home page will appear:
Candidate needs to select any one of the following to register for JEE (Main):
- To log in/create a Digi locker account through the NAD portal. Or;
- To log in/create an Academic Bank of Credits ID (ABC ID) through the ABC ID. Or;
- To log in using an Indian Indian Passport Number. Or;
- To log in using a Non-Indian Passport Number. Or; To log in using a PAN Card Number. Or;
- To log in using an Aadhaar Enrollment Number.
Candidate needs to select options for Authentication at the Examination Centre:
- Authenticate through Valid Government ID with a Photograph
- Authenticate through an Aadhaar Card
STEP – 2: Application Form
- To complete the process, one can login with the system generated application no. & pre-created pw or Digi Locker ID/ ABC ID.
- Fill all other details in your application form.
- Upload scanned images of candidate’s photograph, signature & PwD Certificate, UDID card
Details regarding images are as follows:
- Photograph must be either in colour or black & white with 80% face (without mask). Ears should be visible with white background.
- The scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- Scanned photograph’s size should be between 10 KB to 200 KB.
- Scanned signature should be between 4 KB to 30 KB.
- The size of the scanned copy of the PwD certificate should be in pdf between 50 KB to 300 KB.
Academic Details: Fill the fields for academic details like year of passing, school board etc.
Exam Related Details: Fill the exam detail like applying for, mode of examination, exam centre and exam medium.
You will be redirected to this review page.
- The photograph should be passport size with name and date of taking photograph (Note: The photograph uploaded by the candidates without Name and Date are accepted).
- The photograph should be colored or black/white with the clear background & contrast.
- It should be a scanned image in jpg or jpeg format.
- Spectacles are allowed.
- Polaroid photos are not acceptable.
- The scanned photograph size must be between 10 KB to 200 KB.
- The scanned category certificate size must be between 50 KB to 300 KB.
- Name and date of taking photograph should be mentioned.
- The photograph should should not be old & match with the identity of the candidate.
- The signatures (candidate’s and parents) should be done by the candidates only as it may be checked any time frequently.
- Signature will be accepted on the white page only.
- Take the white sheet and mark the box size of 3.5 x 1.5 cm.
- Sign inside the box.
- The scanned image in jpeg/jpg format.
- Crop only box area.
- The scanned signature size must be between 4 KB to 30 KB.
STEP – 3: Fee Payment
Here we are discussing that how to remit the application fee:
- Before the fee payment, you have to verify your Email ID.
- Click on the “Click here to verify your Email ID first” button.
- Now, enter the received OTP in your Email ID and click on “Verify” button.
- And go to home page.
- Click on the link of ‘Pay Exam Fee’.
- Click on “Go for Payment”.
- Select the mode of payment as via credit/ debit card/ net banking/ UPI.
- In case the examination fee is paid through credit/ debit cards, select the payment gateway.
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded (full or partial) under any circumstances.
STEP – 4: Download Confirmation Page
- Now, click on “Click here to go home”.
- Candidates should secure their user ID, password and application form number for the further communication as it may be entertained until the end of admission procedure.
- Click on print the confirmation page.
- In case the confirmation page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled and the amount will be refunded to the candidate account within a week and however the candidate has to make another transaction till the confirmation Page is not generated.
- After the confirmation of fee deposited from Bank, the candidate will be able to print the Acknowledgment Page, by login to their account again.
- In case the Acknowledgment Page is not generated, the candidate should contact the concerned bank/ branch to update his/ her transaction.
- Now safely logout the window.
If you have any query about How to Apply for JEE Main 2024, you can ask us by leaving your comments in the comment box.