How to Apply for JEE Main 2021, Step by Step Form Filling Procedure
JEE Main 2021 Application Form for May session (4th Phase) has been started from 9th August 2021. JEE Main is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) every year. Through this exam, candidates get admission into various UG engineering seats offered by all IITs and NITs across the country. In this article, we have compiled the detailed application procedure to facilitate the candidates so that they may come to know that how to apply for JEE Main 2021.
JEE Main Registration 2021 – Started (4th Phase)
JEE Main 2021 Application Form for May Session (4th Phase) has been released from 9th August 2021. Check here for application details.
Online registration for JEE Main 2021 Exam has been started from 6th July 2021 for April session (3rd Phase). Candidates will be able to fill the application form till 8th July 2021.
For May session (4th Phase), application process has been started from 9th to 11th August 2021.
Candidates can fill the JEE Main 2021 Application form through online mode. No hard copy of the application form is entertained.
The application correction process has been started from 9th August 2021 and continued till 11th August 2021. Students are able to make the correction online on the website.
The entire application process for JEE Main 2021 has only four steps:
- STEP 1 – Application Form
- STEP 2 – Upload Image
- STEP 3 – Fee Payment
- STEP 4 – Download Confirmation Page
Watch the Complete Video of How to fill JEE Main 2021 Application Form:
If you need more information, then continue reading:
STEP – 1: Fill Application Form
STEP – 1.1: Visit Official Website
- Log on to the official site of JEE Main 2021.
- Click on the link for apply for JEE Main 2021.
STEP – 1.2: Read Instructions
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Click on the check box and proceed to apply online. [see image below]
STEP – 1.3: Fill the Authentication Form
- Fill the Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name Identification No. (Any government approved ID), D.O.B, Gender and submit the button. [see image below]
STEP – 1.4: Fill JEE Main Application Details
Personal Details: Fill the personal details like name, father/mother name, state of eligibility, category, DOB, nationality, gender and place of residence.
Mailing Address Details: Fill the mailing details including address, mail ID and contact No.
Choose Password: Create the password, enter security pin and click on the “NEXT” button. [see image below]
Academic Details: Fill the fields for academic details like year of passing, school board etc.
Exam Related Details: Fill the exam detail like applying for, mode of examination, exam centre and exam medium.
STEP – 1.5: Review Page
You will be redirected to this review page.
You may change your details by press the “edit credential” button or may go to the “final submit” button.
- The application number will be generated.
- The next page will show how many steps have been completed.
- Now, click on the “Complete Application Form button”.
- Fill remaining details in the application like qualification, income & others and click on the “Submit” button.
- After verifying all the details click on the “Final Submit” button to submit the application.
STEP – 2: Upload Images
- Click on the button for ‘UPLOAD SCANNED IMAGES‘.
- Upload the photo and signatures one by one.
- Click on the preview button and change if found not OK.
- Make sure to verify your final uploaded images and enter the security code.
- Make final upload and go to the next step.
STEP – 2.1: Prepare Scanned Images
This step will contain the procedure to upload the scanned images (candidate signature, parents signature & photograph and other required stuff.
Before filling the application form, one needs to collect the class 12th admit card/ mark-sheet/ certificate and following information/ stuff to complete this step:
- The photograph should be passport size with name and date of taking photograph (Note: The photograph uploaded by the candidates without Name and Date are accepted).
- The photograph should be colored or black/white with the clear background & contrast.
- It should be a scanned image in jpg or jpeg format.
- Spectacles are allowed.
- Polaroid photos are not acceptable.
- The scanned photograph size must be between 10 KB to 200 KB.
- The scanned 12th admit card/ marksheet/ certificate size must be between 50 KB to 500 KB.
- Name and date of taking photograph should be mentioned.
- The photograph should should not be old & match with the identity of the candidate.
- The signatures (candidate’s and parents) should be done by the candidates only as it may be checked any time frequently.
- Signature will be accepted on the white page only.
- Take the white sheet and mark the box size of 3.5 x 1.5 cm.
- Sign inside the box.
- The scanned image in jpeg/jpg format.
- Crop only box area.
- The scanned signature size must be between 4 KB to 30 KB.
STEP – 3: Fee Payment
Here we are discussing that how to remit the application fee:
- Click on the link of ‘Pay Exam Fee’.
- Click on “Go for Payment”.
- Select the mode of payment as via credit/debit card/net banking.
- In case the examination fee is paid through credit/debit cards, select the payment gateway.
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded (full or partial) under any circumstances.
STEP – 4: Download Confirmation Page
- Now, click on “click here to go home”.
- Candidates should secure their user ID, password and application form number for the further communication as it may be entertained until the end of admission procedure.
- Click on print the confirmation page.
- In case the confirmation page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled and the amount will be refunded to the candidate account within a week and however the candidate has to make another transaction till the confirmation Page is not generated.
- After the confirmation of fee deposited from Bank, the candidate will be able to print the Acknowledgment Page, by login to their account again.
- In case the Acknowledgment Page is not generated, the candidate should contact the concerned bank/branch to update his/her transaction.
- Now safely logout the window.
If you have any query about How to Apply for JEE Main 2021, you can ask us by leaving your comments in the comment box.