How to Fill CAT 2018/2019 Application Form, Step by Step Procedure

CAT 2018/2019 Preparation TipsCAT 2018/2019 Registration has been started from 8th August 2018. Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) rotationally. It is administrated by the IIM, Calcutta. This entrance test is conducted for admission to postgraduate management programmes offered by IIMs or top B-schools of the country. Here, candidates can check step-by-step procedure about How to fill CAT 2018/2019 application form.

CAT 2018/2019 Registration – Started

newiconCAT 2018 Registration has been started from 8th August 2018.Check here for registration details.

Get latest news & updates about CAT 2018 via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below:

Candidates can register for Common Admission Test (CAT) through online mode only.  CAT registration has been started from 8th August 2018. The registration can be done through the official website of CAT. The last date to register for CAT examination will be 26th September 2018.

CAT Exam Dates

CAT Eligibility Criteria

Steps to Register for CAT

The CAT registration involves three simple steps:

Step-1: Registration
Step-2: Fill Application Form
Step-3: Upload Images
Step-4: Make Payment

Watch the Complete Video of How to fill CAT 2018 Application Form:

Step-1 – Registration

Step-1.1: Visit Official Website

• Go through the official website of CAT (link is given above).
  • Click the ‘Registration for New User’ button.

cat1

Step-1.2: Fill Registration Form

• Fill the registration form that appears on the screen.
  • In the registration form, the fields are; the name of candidate, DOB, Email Address and Mobile Number.
  • Enter the security code shown on the image.
  • Request OTP.
  • Enter OTP and click on submit.

cat2

Step-1.3: Declaration Section

• Read the declaration, check the box “I Agree” and click on ‘Submit’ button.
  • By selecting the I Agree” box, you are confirming that all the details you are provided in registration form are correct.
  • Once the registration form is submitted, you will receive an OTP.
  • OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.

Step-2 – Fill Application Form

• Click on “Go to Application Form”.
  • The application form will be displayed on your screen.
  • Application form will consist of five sections namely,
    • Personal Details
    • Academics
    • Work Experience
    • Programmes

cat3

Step-2.1: Enter Personal Details

• Candidate’s name and DOB will be automatically entered based on details provided during registration.
  • Enter Father’s/Husband’s/Guardian’s Name and Gender.
  • Select your category and Nationality.
  • If you are Person with disability/Differently Abled then select ‘Yes’, otherwise ‘No’.

cat4

Step-2.1.1: Enter Address Details

Enter your postal address as it is required for future communication. Here, candidates can also enter an alternate email address and mobile number.

cat5

Step-2.1.2: Upload scanned image of Photograph and Signature

• Click on chooe file.
  • choose the specific photo and signature.
  • click on upload.
  • close the window.

cat6

Specifications of Photograph and signature:

• The dimensions of Photograph and signature should be 35mm X 45mm and 80mm X 35mm respectively.
  • The format of the files should be .jpg or .jpeg and should not exceed 80 KB.
  • The photograph should not be six years old and should have white background.

Step-2.1.3: Enter Academic details

Enter SSC/10th Std/Equivalent Details

Candidates need to enter their 10th class details like aggregate marks, total marks obtained, maximum marks, SSC/10th board name and month/year of completion.

Enter 12th Std/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details

In this section, candidate’s have to select the course type from the options 12th or diploma. Enter your 12th class aggregate marks, total marks obtained and maximum marks.

Enter Bachelor Degree Details

Here, candidates will be asked whether they are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or have completed their Bachelor’s degree. Also, candidates have to fill fields that include total duration of degree, percentage of marks awarded by University/institute, type of University/institution, University name, degree name, year of course commencement and year of completion.

Fill Other Professional Degree Details

If candidate’s have professional degree such as CA, ICWA, CS or others then select the degree and enter marks, year of course commencement and year of course completion.

Enter Master Degree Details

If you have master’s degree then select yes in the field of “Do you want to enter Master degree details?”. Enter all other details required in this section. Click on ‘Save and Continue’ to move to next section.

cat7

Step-2.1.4: Work Experience

If you have a work experience then enter your work experience details. Enter work experience in months till 31st July 2018. Click on the check box of your work area and enter work experience for that. Click on ‘Save and Continue’ to proceed further.

cat8

Step-2.1.5: Programmes & Exam Centre

Select the programme name. Candidates may select any number of programme names. Also, select the city for interview from the drop down list. Students can select maximum 4 different cities for appearing the exam. Test centre allotment will be based on centre and node availability.

cat9

Step-3 – Fee Payment

The application fee for GEN/NC-OBC candidates is Rs. 1900/- while for SC/ST /PWD (DA) candidates, it is Rs. 950/-. Additional transaction charges also included in application fee. Net Banking/Credit card/debit card are the modes for the payment of application fee. After successful payment, a message regarding the successful payment of fee will be displayed on the screen along with payment transaction number.

cat10

Step-3.1: Confirmation Email

You will receive a confirmation mail after the successful completion of last section i.e., payment. Candidates can take the printout of filled-in application by login to the CAT website as an Existing User.

If candidates have any query regarding How to fill CAT 2018/2019 application form, they can ask us by commenting below.

1. Manasi says:

Maharashtra Board had Best of five system during our batch. While entering my score should I enter it according to marksheet or should I enter it including the sixth subject?

2. shweta says:

unable to enter 12th standard percentage. it is saying invalid

3. naveena says:

any certificates required like income cast certificates

4. Meenu says:

I got above 60% for my degree and 10th but only 58% marks in my 12th.I belong to a general category.So will I be able to apply for CAT Exam for an admission in IIM.

5. Alex says:

How to convert 10th CGPA (9.8) into marks obtained and maximum marks?

6. RAjat says:

I have entered a wrong year in my 10th qualification .Does it create any issue in selection procedure?

7. Vimala says:

Every year we get new community certificate (sc) or we used last year community certificate

8. Cherry says:

wt shud I fill in graduation column while filling CAT form as i hv back in 1 sbjct wich will be cleared dis yr.
    wt total marks and yr of completion of graduation shud i fill…??
    plz email me the answer…

9. Vidhi kashyap says:

Is it necessary that we should have bachlore degree

10. murli rayudu says:

I have completed my diploma after 12th. and presently working for MNC. can I apply for CAT and mba.

11. raidu murli says:

i have completed my diploma this year after completing my 12 th. I am currently working for MNC .can I apply for MBA.

12. Satya sai says:

I have problem with my fingerprints as they are invisible due to sweat and cant be read by fingerprint scanner.will it create a problem for thumb impression for cat exam

13. Anjali patil says:

sir,
    I am not able to register my self as a new registration,please help me out,,, plz send me link for that

14. shubham pandey says:

The photo that is been uploaded is not having white as background color..will it gonna cause any problem or it can be neglected

15. ravi says:

Sir, I m graduating this year. but when I was graduating on that time due to some reasons i will have to take a gap between first and second year. so my Bsc program completed in 4yrs which was supposed to complete in 3. so can I write the cat exam . and what will be the effect of this on my college and all

16. Prakhar Verma says:

what are these programs for? is that compulsory to choose a program? i need details about those programs refer to step no 2.1.5

• Hanif Khan says:

All programmes are in same virtue but the name is slightly different as per the different IIMs. If any students need to get a scecific programme name and specific IIM then he may select only that IIM. Other wise anyone can choose any number or all numbers of IIMs.

17. tanay sharma says:

How to fill my 10th marks when it is 8.8 cgpa and aggregate, obtained, total marks

18. Your Name... says:

I have done diploma and then degree,what marks of diploma I need to put, final year aggregate only,or aggregate of all semesters(6) of diploma

19. Fahad says:

Do i need to send the printout of application form of CAT2017 via post….?

20. Prabhu.T says:

Hello sir,
    I have completed my BE mechanical in the year of 2013. Now im working as a engineer in aerospace manufacturing sector. I have a wish to do MBA in aircraft management. Is there a possibility me to appear in CAT? I need your clarification on this please…

21. Vinay says:

My degree is compkted and My subject is back of 7th semester then wat should i fill in aggregate marks and semester?

22. JOBS says:

What is meant by pgp,fpm,pgpbm in program list

23. neha says:

same problem. im trying to put in my 10th percentage – 89.30.. but ut keeps on saying “enter correct percentage” please help.

24. average says:

I got 574/600 in my ssc Andhra pradesh board.When i enter my percentage as 95.66 it says enter correct percentage.What to do

25. Priya janani says:

please send me the link for cat application form

26. RAHUL KUMAR says:

sir CAT ka form apply karane ke leye kya kya qualification lagata hai
    please reply answer
    please just fast answer

27. Brijesh says:

While filling up the CAT exam form do we have to round off the percentage of marks obtained or do we have to put them in decimal ?

28. BABA says:

i wnt to apply is there some more time to apply or it was finished

29. soumita ghosh says:

please give me information about the application form of cat 2016 by mailing me …….

30. Sachin says:

By mistake I uploaded the scanned pdf of my actual obc certificate in the form and submitted it . Will it cause any disqualification from the exam or any consequences. Help..

31. Digvijay says:

Postal address is not complete….. will it cause any problem…… as evry thing is done by mail

32. digvijay says:

postal address is not complete and form has been submitted.
    will this cause any problem as admit card will b delivered on my email id….

33. amit says:

pic uploaded does not bear white background….. is there any issue in future????

34. Bikash sahoo says:

I’m in bba 1st year is it possible for me to appear cat or I have to wait till I complete my bba please suggest me

35. Shantanu says:

Actually by mistake in graduation percentage i have filled my last year percentage and not the aggregate one.what should i do? Is it fine or not.