How to Fill GATE 2019 Application Form, Step by Step Form Filling Procedure

gate 2019GATE 2019 Application Form can be filled till 1st October 2018. The candidates wishing to take admission in IITs/IISc or other institutes for the M.Tech./Ph.D programme can register for GATE examination. GATE 2019 examination is organized by IIT, Madras. It is a national level entrance test. In this page, candidates can check step-by-step procedure for How to fill GATE 2019 Application Form

GATE 2019 Notification – Registration Started

newiconGATE 2019 Application Form has been started from 1st September 2018. Check here application form details.

newiconGATE 2019 Application Form Correction had to be started from 24th September 2018. Due to some unavoidable reasons, Now it is starting from 27th September 2018.  Check here for application form correction details.

Get latest news & updates about GATE 2019 via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below:

GATE 2019 Registration

GATE 2019 registration will be done through GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System) portal.

The registration has been started from 1st September 2018 through online mode. Candidates will fill the application form till 21st September 2018.

There is no offline mode to fill the application. With late fee, candidates can register for the exam till 1st October 2018.

There is no need to send application or any other documents to the authority by post or any other mode.

Documents/Details Required for Registration

Here we have listed the documents/details required for GATE 2019 registration:

• Personal details (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.).
    • Please note that the name of the candidate in the application form must exactly be the same as that in the qualifying degree certificate or the certificate issued by the Head of the Department/Institute in which the candidate is pursuing his/her study.
    • GATE 2019 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form.
    • Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc. should NOT be used before name.
  • Address for Communication (including PIN code).
  • Eligibility degree details.
  • College name and address with PIN code.
  • GATE paper (subject).
  • Choice of GATE examination cities.
  • High quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified.
  • Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified.
  • Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in PDF format (Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/ Institute.
  • Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in PDF format.
  • Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in PDF format.
  • Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in PDF format.
  • Details of the valid Identity Document* (ID) (The same ID, in original, should be carried to the examination hall).
  • Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment.
  • Valid Identity Document: Passport/ PAN card/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar-UID/ College ID/ Employee ID/ Driving License.

GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria

GATE Application Correction

Steps to Register for GATE 2019

Watch Online Video that How to Fill GATE Application Form (step by step procedure):

Here, we have mentioned the steps involves in the application procedure of GATE 2019:

Step-1: Online Registration
Step-2: Fill the Application Form
Step-3: Upload Photograph, Signature, Left Thumb Impression & Other Documents
Step-4: Fee Payment

Click here to check GATE 2019 Registration Flow Chart.

Step-1: Online Registration

Step-1.1: Visit Official Portal of GOAPS

• Access the official link of GOAPS.
  • Click on “Register Here” link.
  • Enter registration details like name of candidate, valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password (enter strong password of your choice).
  • Due to last minute rush, the mandatory verification of email and mobile number (before submitting the GATE application form) is relaxed.
  • Then, click on submit button.

gate1

Step-1.2: Note down your GOAPS Enrollment ID

• After the successful registration, candidates will receive GOAPS Enrollment ID on their registered email ID & mobile number.
  • Keep this enrollment ID safe as it will be required for future logins at the time of downloading of admit card, result and score card.

Step-2: Fill the Application

gate3

Step-2.1: Login

• Now, candidates have to login with Enrollment ID/Email Address & Password.
  • Then, click on submit button.
  • Now, click on “Start GATE 2019 Application Form”.

gate4

Step-2.2: Fill Details

Choose Exam Centres: Students can choose maximum three test centres for taking the examination.

Enter Personal Details: Candidates have to enter their personal details including name, date of birth, gender, nationality, ID proof etc.

gate new

Enter Photo ID details: Candidates have to enter the specified number mentioned in their identification card (any one of Passport,  PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, valid College ID, Employee  identification or and Driving License)

Enter Academic Details: Candidates need to fill their qualification details of degree examination.

Enter your Address: Candidates have to enter their complete address including Pin Code for future communication.

gate7

Step-3: Upload Photograph, Signature, Left Thumb Impression & Other Documents

Candidates are required to upload the scanned copy of degree certificate, category certificate (if applicable), Photograph, Signature & PwD Certificate (if applicable) in the given mentioned specifications:

Signature Specifications:

• Draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height x Width) on A4 size white paper.
  • Now, sign using black or dark blue ink pen within this box.
  • The height or width of the signature should be at least 80% of the respective height or width of the rectangular box.
  • Scan the rectangular box containing your signature and save it in JPEG format.
  • The maximum pixel resolution for the image is 160 × 560.
  • The minimum pixel resolution for the image is 80 × 280.

Photograph Specifications:

• Only color photograph taken after 1 August 2018 will be accepted.
  • The photograph should be taken with light or white background.
  • 35% area of photograph should be covered with candidate’ s face.
  • The image should be captured in a standard of 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm (Width x Height) in JPEG format.
  • The maximum pixel resolution for the image is 480 × 640 (0.3 Mega pixel).
  • The minimum pixel resolution for the image is 240 × 320.

Step-4: Declaration

• Mention the source of GATE 2019 information.
  • You can view your filled-in application by clicking on save and view application.
  • Or you can direct submit and proceed to payment.

Step-5: Fee Payment

The application fee for Male (General/OBC) and Other candidates is Rs. 1500/- and for SC/ST/Pwd and Women (All Categories) it is Rs. 750/- . The International Students have to pay USD 50 against the application fee. The fee can be paid using net banking, debit card, Credit card, and other online wallets/cash cards.

gate13

Note: On the successful submission of fee, a “Fee Payment Number” will be generated. Keep this number safe as it is required before the final submission of application form.

Points to be Remember:

• Before payment, candidates will be shown a ‘preview’ of application. Here, candidates can review and check the application for any errors.
  • After clicking on “Confirm  and  Final  Submit” button, no changes will be allowed at later stages.
  • There is no need to send the print-out of filled-in application form to the GATE office.

Click here to view Instructions to Fill GATE 2019 Application Form.

If candidates have any query regarding How to Fill GATE 2019 Application Form, they can ask us by commenting below.

1. Sanjeet says:

I finished my b.tech degree this year, and have all semster marksheets but not degree yet. Should i select yes on graduated option and upload any final year mark sheet or select no and upload any final year mark sheet? Confused between yes and no.
    Urgent repky please.

You should said yes and upload the final semester marksheet.

• SHIVESH KUMAR SHIVAM says:

I finished my b.tech degree this year, and have all semster marksheets but not degree yet. Because back in one semester that’s why my degree is not completed yet. Should i select yes on graduated option and upload any final year mark sheet or select no and upload any final year mark sheet? Confused between yes and no.
        Urgent repky please.

You should write ‘No’.

• Lucky says:

Can i use 8th sem marksheet instead of provisional degree ..i am passed out these year ???

2. Ajinkya rajane says:

I want to know what documents i need to attach with the form??

3. Minu says:

I have completed my BE IN 2017.
    I want to give gate 2018
    I have my degree certificate is it required to be attested by principal?

4. Afzal Amanullah says:

Sir please extend Gate 2018 application filling date

5. Purabi Barman says:

My two time amount deducted but payment done one time

6. Anshu says:

i have arrear and haven’t completed my degree..i am 2017 passout. I filled as am not graduates yet but also mentioned my correct graduating year as 2017..is this the right way???..if not, is there any other way??..

7. Sneha sonone says:

Hello Sir/ Madam,
    My query is about filling the name.I am married and have to fill the form with new name as I have already change my name in Aadhar card,voting card and in gazzet also. But according to the process name should be same as that of 10 the marksheet / degree certificate which are of old name.so pls tell me what should I do for it..?

8. Murali says:

Hello sir,

I have done M.sc biotechnology in 2017. Which documents summit in 2018 gate?
    Provision certificate?

9. sr says:

is it ok to scan the document for gate 2018 using camscanner?

10. santhosh k s says:

I PURSUED DIP IN MECH ENGG SO I WAS DIRECTLY JOINED TO 2 YR BTECH SO NOW MY BTECH COURSE IS 3 YEARS ….

I HAVE A DIALOMA IN APPLICATION FOR WHETHER I HAVE TO FILL 3 OR 4 YEARS FOR DEGREE COURSE???

11. victor says:

Hi Sir / Madam,

Greetings,

I have query regarding submission of the Gate 2018 application process, for pursuing PhD in IIT’s and IISC for the next coming year, because i have completed my B.E in Computer science and Engineering in 2014 passed out (4 years program / Bachelor Degree),

and currently i am pursuing M.Tech in Computer Network Engineering and i am going to complete M.Tech in CNE in 2018 year of pass out (2 years program / Master Degree).

And my query is that while filling the GOAPS application form what to be filled for Qualifying Degree ?,
    Discipline ?,
    Have u qualified in above degree ?,
    year of qualifying degree ?,

And at last which document to be uploaded for eligibility certificate in the GOAPS 2018 application process from all the above scenarios,

And i was bit confused from all this aspects. So, i am sincerely requesting you to please help me out to complete the process and awaiting for your response at the earliest.

• Hanif Khan says:

Have u qualified in above degree ?, – NO
      year of qualifying degree ?, – 2018
      eligibility certificate means a certified letter from your current college that you are pursing M.tech in CNE and completing it in 2018. written by department head, Dean or Principal.

12. Ummi Salma.K says:

I have provisional degree certificate issued by college but, I dont have pdc issued by university ,is it ok to apply?????

13. ABDUL RAFEEQ says:

What is ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE?

• Hanif Khan says:

Before getting provisional certificate (if you are pursuing) you need to get a certificate from your college that you are still in this status of eligibility called eligibility certificate.

14. karishma says:

through net banking what are datils to submit fee

15. vidya says:

there is option during filling the form of thumb impression? plz answer,Is there any opt.??

16. Vishwajeet kumar says:

I mistakely putt bona fide someone else’s …please help me what can i do

17. Jennifer says:

How should we upload the thumbprint?? Are there any specific details we need to follow???

18. Sindhu holla says:

I have a provisional degree certificate without my photo, is it okay to upload the same?

19. Neha says:

I have done msc in sericulture can i appy for gate

20. Ram says:

I have arrear and haven’t completed my degree…am 2017 passed out. I filled as am not graduated yet and mentioned as will be graduating by 2018…is that the right way???..
    Is it okay ????

21. M DEVANAND says:

Sir, i kept wrong adress of my college but i submitted my provisional certificate correctly, how could i change the option

22. Sandeep says:

Sir I am 3 yr of btech from ECE branch can I apply for gate 2018

23. Sandhya Balan says:

Hi,I have done my Mtech 2014 and willing to apply Gate 2018 this year. Do I need certificate of HOD.

24. najla sajid says:

i have done b.tech in 2013-2017.but,i have 2 back papers in 6 th semester.i wrote that paper.but,result awaiting.i don’t have professional/degree completion certificate.what i do sir

25. Rose says:

Im B.E. student of ECE. I hav 1 kt in 5th sem..can i apply for gate?

26. ramu says:

sir i am completed m.sc in 2017 all semisters are cleared,but provisinal are not come . i have 1st 2nd 3rd sems marks lists and course completed certificate TC . in this certificates any one uploaded. application is accepted are not.

27. rohith says:

sir iam studying 3rd year BTECH,can apply 2018 gate exam.

28. Hathiram says:

Sir when i was applying GATE FORM i did’nt gated tha thumb impresion in the form
    I was given signature but did’t geting this option

29. Seelu says:

Sir my photobackground is sky(blue) colour and it submitted and also payment and pdf is download.Will my application form be rejected?

30. ramkumar says:

hi, i need some info about uploading section ,compressed photo with signature is enough or need some other information to be uploaded….. im currently on 7th sem of electrical engineering… eligibility certificate ????? should i get it from my college management

• Hanif Khan says:

Images should be in required shape and size. No need to put any info on it. Eligibility certificate can be obtained from your college.

31. KAUSTUBH says:

MY CAST IS DHANGAR SO I BELONGS TO NT-C CATEGORY SO WHAT TO DO AT TIME OF FILLING APPLICATION FORM.WHICH CATEGORY I HAVE TO SELECT

• Hanif Khan says:

See your category in national/central reservation category list. If you comes any of the reservation category heading then you can apply under that category, otherwise you have to fill general category.

32. Preethi says:

Should eligibility certificate be same as the given format or can it change slightly??

33. kalingiri raghava says:

Thumb impression is mandatory or not while filling the gate application

34. Dipesh Tripathi says:

which document is required for passout student whose result of final semester has not come?

35. ISHWARYA says:

sir when the hall ticket will be issued?

36. Radhika says:

I pass btech in 2018.Then which eligiblity certificate i will uploaded in the registration

37. Jk says:

Thumb impression should be scanned or it should be in jpej format,
    if not the above 2 what is it’s format & dimensions?

38. jaswinder singh says:

Hello dear sir/madam.
    I am appearing in 7th sem and 4th,5th and 6th sem are clear and supply in 3rd sem. Am I eligible to attend a gate 2018?plz reply soon

39. v chandu says:

Dear Sir
    I am pursing B.tech final year and i don’t have certificates
    to upload can i fill without upload my certificates

40. Sayan says:

sir I have a backlog which will be re written with 8th semester of my b.tech course. Am I elligible to gate 2018?

41. Harchand singh says:

Sixth sem backups can eligible for fill form

42. Hemanga panging says:

Hy..my enrolmant are saw for incrrct..but i am apply gate..so why my enrolmant my increct by saw

43. arbina sanyasi says:

This is a very good opportunity for me….to visit this website…

44. maaz says:

during the payment the fees had been debited from my account but the transaction got failed due to the technical errors,so how can I Get my money in refund..,plz help me for this.

45. babasaheb says:

I am not able to uplad pdf file of Pwd certificate.What should be its size?

46. Gagandeep Kaur says:

I have submitted the form but in payment option, i am not getting the e-challan option. where it display. please tell me.

47. prabhu says:

by mistake i have uploaded my signature into the thumb impression column and i have completed payment ,, IS Thr any problem ????

48. subha says:

Hello Sir,
    I have made my payment through e-challan. now do I need to follow any further steps? I have got one confirmation message that payment has been made. And I am also able to download the pdf of my application form. Please guide me in this case. Thanks in advance.

49. Sippora says:

Sir I don’t have provisional certificate still now…can I apply for gate 2017..

50. Mayur says:

On complete filling of online app form i have save the application but education doc i.e BE degree certi & caste certificate are not uploaded
    So other registration require or left the registration……

51. ganesh gc says:

after payment what will be the procedure

52. Your Name... says:

WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR E PAYMENT CHALLEN

53. panze says:

After the payment of challan, is their any need of journal number given by the bank.is their any need of journal number

54. M SURESH BABU says:

SIR.PRESENTLY I AM IN FINAL YEAR PRODUCTION ENGINEERING.PL.CONVEY THE ELIGIBLE BRANCH CODE TO APPEAR IN THE GATE EXAM 2017.
    THANKS.

55. Dhanashree says:

Sir, I submitted my form successfully, even the payment was done successfully.. But, I didn’t receive a conformation email or a message.. How would I consider it as confirmed?

56. Girish R.Dhomane says:

I have done B.E in electronic and telecommunications.can I give gate exam for mathematics also tell me can I take education for mathematics through gate exam

57. Your Name... says:

I ma trying tio clk on submit nad proceed to payment button ..but it is agan redirecting to the same page again and again…kindly help

58. Shine says:

I am 7th semester student.i want to know that what should i submit as degree details

59. reshma says:

I did wrong in payment but it shows e-Challan Payment made. Your payment has not yet been received by GATE-2017. Take a printout of the challan and deposit the amount in State Bank of India. Check your payment status after 72 hours of depositing the amount.

60. rajesh says:

Dear Sir,

Please provide degree certificate specification ( i tried many options less than 300KB in pdf however not accepting in system ) please advice excat spec of degree certificate i am having on 1995
    regards
    Rajesh

• Mohit Negi says:

you can download the degree certificate format, fill it from your college/university and then scan and upload it in the PDF format. The size should be less than 300kb.

61. pradeep says:

Thank you sir how to fill the application fill in step by step

62. med says:

What is the format of the documents needed to prove the caste (SC/ST)….??

63. med says:

What is the format of the documents needed to prove the caste….??
    the SC/ST prove format

64. tamil says:

i am currently pursuing final year B.E degree can i upload my fifth semester mark sheet as a eligibility certificate?

65. Kiran says:

Will i get a job in psu if i got just passed with cut-of marks in gate 2017 under oc from ece.

66. karthik.k says:

hello,im student how to gate exam prepare…..did u write down the gate exam?now pursuing studying a BE mechanical engineering,3rd year…..i was completed diploma mechanical engineering…..plz help me

67. GOPINATH says:

Sir I don’t have pc is not issue I uploaded mark sheets

68. Narendra singh maurya says:

thanku sir for giving all information in proper way. m sure it will help to all GATE aspirant….

69. gurunath behera says:

Sir I don’t have provisional certificate still now.. but I have course completion certificate and mark sheets can I apply for gate 2017..

70. kamal kishore says:

Tjanks for this important information

71. revan swami says:

i am a student of fy.msc soft.engg can i apply for gate exam pls tell mi