How to Fill GATE 2024 Application Form, Step by Step Form Filling
GATE 2024 Registration Last date is till 20th October 2023 with late fee via online mode. IISc Bengaluru is the organising authority of GATE 2024 exam. The candidates wishing to take admission in IITs/ IISc or other institutes for the M.Tech./ Ph.D programme can register for GATE examination.
GATE 2024 Application can be obtained through online mode only. It is a national level entrance test organized every year. In this page, candidates can check step-by-step procedure for How to fill GATE Application Form 2024.
GATE 2024 Registration – Till 20th October (With Late Fee)
GATE 2024 Registration Last date is till 20th October 2023 with late fee. Check here for registration details.
The registration has begun from 30th August 2023 through online mode. Candidates must fill the application form till 5th October 2023 without late fee.
There is no offline mode to fill the application. With late fee, candidates can register for the exam till 13th October 2023. There is no need to send application or any other documents to the authority by post or any other mode.
Documents/ Details Required for Registration
Here we have listed the documents/details required for GATE 2024 registration:
- Personal details (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.).
- Please note that the name of the candidate in the application form must exactly be the same as that in the valid photo ID, which the candidate MUST produce in original while appearing for GATE-2024 examination at the centre.
- GATE 2024 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form.
- Prefix/title such as Mr/ Shri/ Dr/ Mrs/ Smt, etc. should NOT be used before name.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code).
- Eligibility degree details.
- College name and address with PIN code.
- GATE paper (subject).
- Choice of GATE examination cities.
- High quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified.
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified.
- Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in PDF format (Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/ Institute.
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in PDF format.
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in PDF format.
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in PDF format.
- Details of the valid Identity Document* (ID) (The same ID, in original, should be carried to the examination hall).
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment.
- Valid Identity Document: Passport/ PAN card/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar-UID/ College ID/ Employee ID/ Driving License.
Steps to Register for GATE 2024
Watch Online Video that How to Fill GATE Application Form (step by step procedure):
Here, we have mentioned the steps involves in the application procedure of GATE 2024:
Step-1: Online Registration
Step-2: Fill the Application Form
Step-3: Upload Photograph, Signature, Left Thumb Impression & Other Documents
Step-4: Fee Payment
Step-1: Online Registration:
Step-1.1: Visit Online Portal:
- Access the online website. (Link is given above)
- Click on “Register Here” link.
- Enter registration details like first name, middle name & surname.
- Then Enter phone number, email ID & password. Also verify , all three categories.
- Solve the given arithmetic expression & enter it on the given box.
- Due to last minute rush, the mandatory verification of email and mobile number (before submitting the GATE application form) is relaxed.
- Then, click on submit button.
Step-1.2: Note down your Enrollment ID
- After the successful registration, candidates will receive Enrollment ID on their registered email ID & mobile number.
- Keep this enrollment ID safe as it will be required for future logins at the time of downloading of admit card, result and score card.
Step-2: Fill the Application
- Now, candidates have to login with Enrollment ID/Email Address & Password.
- Then, click on submit button.
- Tick on the, “declaration” option tab.
- Now, click on “Start GATE 2024 Application Form“.
Step-2.2: Fill Details:
Choose Exam Centres: Students can choose maximum three test centres for taking the examination.
Enter Personal Details: Candidates have to enter their personal details including name, date of birth, gender, nationality, ID proof etc.
Enter Photo ID details: Candidates have to enter the specified number mentioned in their identification card (any one of Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, valid College ID, Employee identification or and Driving License)
Enter Academic Details: Candidates need to fill their qualification details of degree examination.
Enter your Address: Candidates have to enter their complete address including Pin Code for future communication.
Step-3: Upload Photograph, Signature, Left Thumb Impression & Other Documents:
Candidates are required to upload the scanned copy of degree certificate, category certificate (if applicable), Photograph, Signature & PwD Certificate (if applicable) in the given mentioned specifications:
- Draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height x Width) on A4 size white paper.
- Now, sign using black or dark blue ink pen within this box.
- Scan the rectangular box containing your signature and save it in JPG/JPEG format.
- The maximum pixel resolution for the image is 160 × 560.
- The minimum pixel resolution for the image is 80 × 280.
- It must be between 5 KB to 200 KB.
- The photograph should be taken with light or white background.
- Face must be 60-70% of the cropped image.
- The image should be captured in a standard of 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm (Width x Height) in JPG/ JPEG format.
- The maximum pixel resolution for the image is 480 × 640 (0.3 Mega pixel).
- The minimum pixel resolution for the image is 240 × 320.
- Write your full name in the e-signature section.
- You can view your filled-in application by clicking on save and view application.
- Or you can direct submit and proceed to payment.
Step-5: Fee Payment:
The application fee for Male (General/OBC) and Other candidates is Rs. 1700/- and for SC/ST/Pwd and Women (All Categories) it is Rs. 850/- . The fee can be paid using net banking, debit card, Credit card, and other online wallets/cash cards.
Note: On the successful submission of fee, a “Fee Payment Number” will be generated. Keep this number safe as it is required before the final submission of application form.
Points to be Remember:
- Before payment, candidates will be shown a ‘preview’ of application. Here, candidates can review and check the application for any errors.
- After clicking on “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no changes will be allowed at later stages.
- There is no need to send the print-out of filled-in application form to the GATE office.
If candidates have any query regarding How to Fill GATE 2024 Application Form, they can ask us by commenting below.