How to Fill GATE 2023 Application Form, Step by Step Form Filling
GATE 2023 Application Form has been extended till 16th October 2022 with late fee. The candidates wishing to take admission in IITs/IISc or other institutes for the M.Tech./Ph.D programme can register for GATE examination. GATE 2023 examination will be organized by IIT, Kanpur. It is a national level entrance test organized every year. In this page, candidates can check step-by-step procedure for How to fill GATE Application Form 2023.
GATE 2023 Registration – Extended
GATE 2023 Registration has been extended till 16th October 2022 with late fee Check here for application details.
Admission Open 2023
The registration has been started from 30th August 2022 through online mode. Candidates must fill the application form till 7th October 2022.
There is no offline mode to fill the application. With late fee, candidates must register for the exam till 16th October 2022.
There is no need to send application or any other documents to the authority by post or any other mode.
Documents/Details Required for Registration
Here we have listed the documents/details required for GATE 2023 registration:
- Personal details (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.).
- Please note that the name of the candidate in the application form must exactly be the same as that in the valid photo ID, which the candidate MUST produce in original while appearing for GATE-2023 examination at the centre.
- GATE 2023 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form.
- Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc. should NOT be used before name.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code).
- Eligibility degree details.
- College name and address with PIN code.
- GATE paper (subject).
- Choice of GATE examination cities.
- High quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified.
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified.
- Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in PDF format (Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/ Institute.
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in PDF format.
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in PDF format.
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in PDF format.
- Details of the valid Identity Document* (ID) (The same ID, in original, should be carried to the examination hall).
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment.
- Valid Identity Document: Passport/ PAN card/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar-UID/ College ID/ Employee ID/ Driving License.
Steps to Register for GATE 2023
Watch Online Video that How to Fill GATE Application Form (step by step procedure):
Here, we have mentioned the steps involves in the application procedure of GATE 2023:
Step-1: Online Registration
Step-2: Fill the Application Form
Step-3: Upload Photograph, Signature, Left Thumb Impression & Other Documents
Step-4: Fee Payment
Step-1: Online Registration
Step-1.1: Visit Official Portal
- Access the official website. (Link is given above)
- Click on “Register Here” link.
- Enter registration details like first name, middle name & surname.
- Then Enter phone number, email ID & password. Also verify , all three categories.
- Solve the given arithmetic expression & enter it on the given box.
- Due to last minute rush, the mandatory verification of email and mobile number (before submitting the GATE application form) is relaxed.
- Then, click on submit button.
Step-1.2: Note down your Enrollment ID
- After the successful registration, candidates will receive Enrollment ID on their registered email ID & mobile number.
- Keep this enrollment ID safe as it will be required for future logins at the time of downloading of admit card, result and score card.
Step-2: Fill the Application
- Now, candidates have to login with Enrollment ID/Email Address & Password.
- Then, click on submit button.
- Tick on the, “declaration” option tab.
- Now, click on “Start GATE 2023 Application Form”.
Step-2.2: Fill Details
Choose Exam Centres: Students can choose maximum three test centres for taking the examination.
Enter Personal Details: Candidates have to enter their personal details including name, date of birth, gender, nationality, ID proof etc.
Enter Photo ID details: Candidates have to enter the specified number mentioned in their identification card (any one of Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, valid College ID, Employee identification or and Driving License)
Enter Academic Details: Candidates need to fill their qualification details of degree examination.
Enter your Address: Candidates have to enter their complete address including Pin Code for future communication.
Step-3: Upload Photograph, Signature, Left Thumb Impression & Other Documents
Candidates are required to upload the scanned copy of degree certificate, category certificate (if applicable), Photograph, Signature & PwD Certificate (if applicable) in the given mentioned specifications:
- Draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height x Width) on A4 size white paper.
- Now, sign using black or dark blue ink pen within this box.
- Scan the rectangular box containing your signature and save it in JPG/JPEG format.
- The maximum pixel resolution for the image is 160 × 560.
- The minimum pixel resolution for the image is 80 × 280.
- It must be between 5 KB to 200 KB.
- The photograph should be taken with light or white background.
- Face must be 60-70% of the cropped image.
- The image should be captured in a standard of 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm (Width x Height) in JPG/ JPEG format.
- The maximum pixel resolution for the image is 480 × 640 (0.3 Mega pixel).
- The minimum pixel resolution for the image is 240 × 320.
- Write your full name in the e-signature section.
- You can view your filled-in application by clicking on save and view application.
- Or you can direct submit and proceed to payment.
Step-5: Fee Payment
The application fee for Male (General/OBC) and Other candidates is Rs. 1700/- and for SC/ST/Pwd and Women (All Categories) it is Rs. 850/- . The fee can be paid using net banking, debit card, Credit card, and other online wallets/cash cards.
Note: On the successful submission of fee, a “Fee Payment Number” will be generated. Keep this number safe as it is required before the final submission of application form.
Points to be Remember:
- Before payment, candidates will be shown a ‘preview’ of application. Here, candidates can review and check the application for any errors.
- After clicking on “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no changes will be allowed at later stages.
- There is no need to send the print-out of filled-in application form to the GATE office.
If candidates have any query regarding How to Fill GATE 2023 Application Form, they can ask us by commenting below.
My photo and signature is nt upload please send edit mail
You must try to upload it with correct format.
How I pay fees through my parents debit card
I want to register ….Is there any possibility to register as I have not registered yet
Kindly let me know.
No, You can’t register now as registration process has been closed already.
I submitted the application and made the payment but I didn’t receive any e-mail stating that the application form has been successfully submitted. Is that Okay? On the whole I got 2 e-mails (one with OTP for submission and another one with the enrollment ID)
I gave my final exam of btech in cse on 3rd october 2020 and i have not received my final semester marksheet and provisional degree…Then under “Have You graduated in above degree?” what should i choose? Yes or No
Sir I need link to register.i could not find it above.plz send it sir
i have registered the gate,and i upload a photo and signature and i put in back ground and open for next day its not working 504-gate way error is coming,what should i do to apply gate exam
Currently I’m studying 3-1. My 2nd year certificates are not given, and also 2-2 exams are not conducted. Now, which certificate should I submit as per requirements . Is it necessary to submit STUDENT ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE given by HOD.????Really stuck here with this doubt, please clear this as soon as possible.
I’m in my B.tech last year. What should i submit for my eligibility criteria?
In gate 2021 form,after filling up my form during my self declaration we are asked to give (e signature ) in a box.can you tell me how to do this?
Sir i have two questions
1) my all I’d proof are by my marital name RAJEE MAHAPURE but marksheets are by maidain name RAJASHREE SHITOLE…So I don’t have any Id proof with maidain name now….so can I give Id proof of my marital name??
2) I have completed Masters in Engineering from university of Pune….and it was not an integrated course….so qualification section which option should I select??
Sir i am now in final year B. tech my previous all year are clear but due to university changed problem 2 subject has back of second year. Can i apply to Gate exam
I am final year student of b.tech ,what i upload in eligible certificate and what is mean of consolidated marksheet.
Currently i am in 5th semester ,can i apply.If yes then i have no provisional marksheet of fourth semester yet.What can i do??
You must go through GATE 2021 Eligibility article.
i have xerox of my caste certificate attested by college. due to covid i am in my hometown. what should i do can i upload attested xerox copy of caste cert
What eligibility documents do the 3rd students need to upload as they are yet to receive there degree
My btech course was completed in 2019. And i have 1 semester backlog so i did not recieved provisional or final degree. But i have the marksheet of every semester. Can i apply for gate 2021? Please reply.
This is a very good opportunity for me….to visit this website…
during the payment the fees had been debited from my account but the transaction got failed due to the technical errors,so how can I Get my money in refund..,plz help me for this.
you should contact the GATE officials.
I am not able to uplad pdf file of Pwd certificate.What should be its size?
Check the size as 10-300 kb in pdf
I have submitted the form but in payment option, i am not getting the e-challan option. where it display. please tell me.
by mistake i have uploaded my signature into the thumb impression column and i have completed payment ,, IS Thr any problem ????
You will receive email regarding correction of documents uploaded.
I have made my payment through e-challan. now do I need to follow any further steps? I have got one confirmation message that payment has been made. And I am also able to download the pdf of my application form. Please guide me in this case. Thanks in advance.
you can check the status of application..
Sir I don’t have provisional certificate still now…can I apply for gate 2017..
On complete filling of online app form i have save the application but education doc i.e BE degree certi & caste certificate are not uploaded
So other registration require or left the registration……
after payment what will be the procedure
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR E PAYMENT CHALLEN
Download the challan form from the official site and fill it and .submit it towards the prescribed bank.
After the payment of challan, is their any need of journal number given by the bank.is their any need of journal number
yes it might be used in future.
SIR.PRESENTLY I AM IN FINAL YEAR PRODUCTION ENGINEERING.PL.CONVEY THE ELIGIBLE BRANCH CODE TO APPEAR IN THE GATE EXAM 2017.
Sir, I submitted my form successfully, even the payment was done successfully.. But, I didn’t receive a conformation email or a message.. How would I consider it as confirmed?
you should contact the officials or recheck you mail.
How can i contact the officials any mobile number or other number is there?
I have done B.E in electronic and telecommunications.can I give gate exam for mathematics also tell me can I take education for mathematics through gate exam
I ma trying tio clk on submit nad proceed to payment button ..but it is agan redirecting to the same page again and again…kindly help
before this click on save button.
I am 7th semester student.i want to know that what should i submit as degree details
I did wrong in payment but it shows e-Challan Payment made. Your payment has not yet been received by GATE-2017. Take a printout of the challan and deposit the amount in State Bank of India. Check your payment status after 72 hours of depositing the amount.
Please provide degree certificate specification ( i tried many options less than 300KB in pdf however not accepting in system ) please advice excat spec of degree certificate i am having on 1995
you can download the degree certificate format, fill it from your college/university and then scan and upload it in the PDF format. The size should be less than 300kb.
Thank you sir how to fill the application fill in step by step
you can check the detailed steps given in the page, also there is video tutorial for you.
What is the format of the documents needed to prove the caste (SC/ST)….??
What is the format of the documents needed to prove the caste….??
the SC/ST prove format
i am currently pursuing final year B.E degree can i upload my fifth semester mark sheet as a eligibility certificate?
Will i get a job in psu if i got just passed with cut-of marks in gate 2017 under oc from ece.
hello,im student how to gate exam prepare…..did u write down the gate exam?now pursuing studying a BE mechanical engineering,3rd year…..i was completed diploma mechanical engineering…..plz help me
Sir I don’t have pc is not issue I uploaded mark sheets
thanku sir for giving all information in proper way. m sure it will help to all GATE aspirant….
Sir I don’t have provisional certificate still now.. but I have course completion certificate and mark sheets can I apply for gate 2017..
Tjanks for this important information
i am a student of fy.msc soft.engg can i apply for gate exam pls tell mi