ICAR AIEEA 2020: Application Form, Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus
ICAR AIEEA 2020 will be conducted to offer admission in UG & PG courses. Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) will organize the All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA). The admission will be offered in agricultural courses to various colleges and universities. It is a national level exam which is conducted once in every year. Candidates can get the more information regarding ICAR AIEEA 2020 from this article.
ICAR AIEEA 2020 Exam Date
The ICAR AIEEA 2020 exam dates are given below which are tentative in nature:
|Online registration starts||1st week of April|
|Online registration closes||4th week of April|
|Last date for submitting the hard copy of application form||1st week of May|
|Admit Card||2nd week of May|
|Exam Date||3rd week of May|
|Result Declaration||1st week of June|
|Counselling||2nd week of July|
ICAR AIEEA 2020 Application Form
Candidates are advised to read the give below instructions and fill the application form carefully.
- Candidates can fill ICAR AIEEA 2020 application form from the first week of April 2020.
- The candidates will able to fill the application form through online mode only.
- The application form can be filled and submitted before the fourth week of April 2020. Candidates need to register themselves by filling their basic required information.
- Candidates have to make the payment of application fee.
- Candidates must submit the application form on time and keep it printout for future use.
- Candidates have to send the hard copy of application form to the authority till first week of May 2020 to the address given below:
Controller of Examinations (Agril. Education),
ICAR, Room No. 216,
Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II, Pusa,
- Candidates need to pay application fee as per their number of course chosen.
- Application fee can be paid online through debit/credit card.
- Application Fee will be non-refundable if paid once.
Application fee is given below for UG and PG courses:
|Category||Application fee (In Rs.)|
|For UG Courses|
|For PG Courses|
Eligibility criteria are given below for the candidates for various courses under ICAR AIEEA 2020.
Candidate must be a citizen of India national.
Aadhaar card is mandatory except Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya state candidates. Those applied for Aadhaar card and haven’t received it yet, can enter the 16 digit number given on the enrollment slip.
Such candidates are also eligible to apply.
For UG Courses:
- Age: Candidate’s age must be 16 years as on 31st August 2020.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed 12th standard from a recognized board/university.
- Marks Required: Candidates must have 50% marks in 12th standard if they belong to general/OBC/UPS category and 40% marks if they belong to SC/ST/PC category.
For PG Courses
- Age: Candidate must have minimum 19 years of age as on 31st August 2020.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must complete their education in the pattern of 10+2+5 (B.V. Sc. & A.H)/10+2+4/10+6/10+2+3.
- Marks Required: Candidates must have minimum 6.60/10,3.25/5,2.60/4 grade points if they belong to General/OBC/UPS category. If candidates belong to SC/ST/PC category they must have minimum 5.60/10, 2.75/5, 2.20/4 grade points.
ICAR AIEEA 2020 Exam Pattern
ICAR AIEEA 2020 exam pattern is given below for the candidates of UG and PG courses:
For UG Courses:
- Mode of Exam: Exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture, Mathematics.
- Type of Questions: There will be MCQ’s in the examination.
- Language: Questions will be in Hindi and English.
- Total Marks: 180 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Maximum Marks: There will be 720 maximum marks in the examination.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will get 4 marks for right answer of one MCQ.
- Negative Marking: Candidates will lose 1 mark of wrong MCQ answer. Candidates will neither get nor lose any mark for unresponsive questions.
For PG Courses:
- Mode of Exam: Exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Type of Questions: There will be MCQ’s and cross-matching questions in the exam.
- Total Questions: There will be 160 questions in the examination.
- Total Marks: Exam will be of total 650 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will get 4 marks for right answer of one MCQ and 5 marks for matching answer (1 mark for one pairing).
- Negative Marking: Candidates will lose 1 mark of wrong MCQ answer and 2 marks for each cross-matching sub question. Candidates will neither get nor lose any mark for unresponsive questions.
ICAR AIEEA 2020 Syllabus
ICAR AIEEA 2020 Syllabus for UG and PG courses is given below for the candidates:
For UG Courses:
- Physics: Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Waves etc.
- Chemistry: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Solid State, Solutions, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Hydrogen, General Introduction to p-Block Elements: Group 13 Elements etc.
- Biology (Botany and Zoology): The Living World, Unit of Life, Diversity of Life, Organisms and Environment, Multicellularity: Structure and Function – Plant Life, Multicellularity: Structure and Function – Animal Life, Origin and Evolution of Life, Application of Biology etc.
- Mathematics: Sets and Functions, Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Calculus, Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry, Linear Programming, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics & Probability, Statics, Dynamics etc.
- Agriculture: Agrometeorology, Genetics and Plant Breeding, Biochemistry and Microbiology, Livestock Production, Crop Production, Horticulture.
For PG Courses:
- Plant Biotechnology: Photosynthesis, Development, Respiration and Transpiration, Elements of Economic Botany, Proteins, General Structure and Function of Carbohydrates, Nucleic Acids, Structure and Metabolic Functions of Carbohydrates, Genetic Engineering, Dry Matter Partitioning, Harvest Index of Crops, DNA Replication etc.
- Physical Science: Principle of Nutrient and Water Management, Structure and Function of Plant Cells, Periodic Classification of Element, Fats and Liquids, Weathering of Rocks and Minerals, Causes of Poor Aeration, Classifications, Soil Classifications etc.
- Agronomy: Proteins, Sugarcane and Their Management, Physiological Limits of Crop Yield and Variability in Relation to Ecological Optima, Integrated Farming Systems, Principles of Crop Ecology and Crop Adaptation, Economic Importance, Medicinal & Aromatic Plants, Water Management etc.
ICAR AIEEA 2020 preparation tips are given below:
- Candidates are advised to cover the total syllabus topic by topic and prepare those topics first for which they feel difficult to eliminate exam pressure.
- Candidates are advised to solve previous year question papers to get the basic idea about the toughness of the examination.
- Candidates can purchase a test series available in the market to prepare better and can analyse their performance.
- Candidates can prepare short notes for the revision so that at the last moment they can revise easily in less time.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
ICAR AIEEA 2020 Admit Card
ICAR AIEEA 2020 admit card will be released in the second week of May 2020. Candidates can download their admit card by filling the required details i.e. registration number and password.
Candidates must bring copy of self-attested admit card with a valid ID proof to get the entry in the examination centre. Candidates who will not carry their admit card will not be allowed to enter in the examination hall.
Candidates need to keep the copy of admit card till the completion of admission procedure in the university. In case of feeling difficulty in downloading admit card, candidates must contact to the nodal officer two days before the examination.
ICAR AIEEA 2020 Result
ICAR AIEEA 2020 result will be declared in the first week of June 2020. Candidates can download their result with the help of their registration number and password.
A subject- wise merit list will be prepared based on the marks secured by the candidates in the entrance examination. In case of tie, candidate older in age will get the priority in the merit list.
In the result, candidate’s overall rank will be published. Candidates are advised to take print out of the result for the process of counselling and admission.
ICAR AIEEA 2020 Reservation will be based on caste of the candidate. Reservation criteria for the candidates are listed below in the table:
|Category||Reservation (in Percentage)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5|
|Physically Challenged (PC)||5|
|Others||At some colleges/institutes|
ICAR AIEEA 2020 Counselling
For the process of ICAR AIEEA 2020 Counselling candidates need to pay Rs. 2000 to the ICAR which will be refundable to those candidates who will not get a seat during the counselling process. For those candidates who will get the seat during counselling, this amount will get managed in the course fee of the institution.
Merit list will be prepared based on reservation system for the process of counselling. Candidates can take part in the online process of counselling and can choose course and college as per their choice. Original documents required for the process of counselling are listed below:
- Proof of date of birth- class 10th certificate
- All certificate of class 10th and 12th
- Degree certificate (if any)
- Caste certificate (if required)
- Domicile certificate
- Admit card
- Character certificate
- Aadhar card
ICAR AIEEA 2020 Admission
Candidates those will not take part in the process of counselling cannot participate in ICAR AIEEA 2020 admission procedure. Candidates who qualified the process of counselling will be eligible for the process of admission.
Candidates have to submit their admission fee within the stipulated time period. Candidates will produce their original documents at the time of admission process. If candidates will not pay their course fee, their candidature will get cancelled and seat will be allotted to next candidate in the merit list.
If candidates have any query regarding the ICAR AIEEA 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.