IIMC Entrance Exam 2023: Application, CUET Dates (Out), Pattern
IIMC 2023 Exam Dates (CUET) has been announced. IIMC (Indian Institute of Mass Communication) offers admission to candidates in number of PG diploma courses in various disciplines like Hindi and English, Odia (Dhenkanal), Urdu, Marathi, Malayalam, Journalism, etc.
Till the year 2021, IIMC conducted its own university level entrance exam for providing admissions into all PG diploma courses. From the year 2022, IIMC admissions into various PG Diploma courses are being provided through scores of CUET (PG). However, for some PG diploma admissions in Journalism, IIMC will continue conducting its own entrance exam in various IIMC campuses/ exam centers. Only the shortlisted candidates, will get admission into PG Diploma courses in the offered fields. In this article, we have provided details about IIMC 2023 about its application form, eligibility, dates, exam pattern, etc.
IIMC Entrance 2023 Notifications – Exam Dates Out (CUET)
IIMC Entrance Exam 2023 (CUET) Exam Dates have been announced. CUET UG will be held from 21st till 31st May 2023 & PG from 1st to 10th June 2023. Check other dates below.
IIMC Entrance Exam 2023 Overview
|Name||Indian Institute of Mass Communication Entrance Exam|
|Type of admission||PG Diploma admissions|
|Courses Offered||PG diploma courses in various disciplines like Hindi and English, Odia (Dhenkanal), Urdu, Marathi, Journalism, Malayalam, etc.|
|Selection Procedure||PG diploma courses in Language journalism (English, Hindi, Radio & TV, Digital Media and Advertising & Public Relations) – Through CUET PG scores|
PG diploma courses in Language journalism (Odia, Marathi, Malayalam & Urdu) – Through IIMC Entrance Exam
|Conducting Authority||Indian Institute of Mass Communication|
|Application mode||Online mode|
IIMC Entrance 2023 Admission Dates
Here are the tentative IIMC admission dates 2023 for various events:
Through IIMC exam:
|Events||Dates 2023 (Tentative)|
|Notification release||2nd week of June 2023|
|Application form release||2nd week of June 2023|
|Last date of application form||2nd week of July 2023|
|Release of admit card||3rd week of July 2023|
|IIMC exam date||4th week of July 2023|
|Result Announcement||2nd week of August 2023|
|Group discussion and personal interview||4th week of August 2023|
|Announcement of final selection||4th week of August 2023|
Through CUET (PG):
|Events||Dates 2023 (Tentative)|
|Online application form releases||3rd week of March 2023|
|Last date to apply||2nd week of April 2023|
|Last date to submit fee||2nd week of May 2023|
|Application correction||2nd week of May 2023|
|Admit card||4th week of May 2023|
|CUET PG exam date||1st to 10th June 2023|
|Announcement of final selection||–|
IIMC 2023 Application Form
Check the details about IIMC 2023 Application form in the below section:
- The application form will be available through online mode only for PG Diploma courses.
- The application form for IIMC 2023 admissions through CUET (PG) will release from third week of March 2023 to second week of April 2023.
- Candidate can submit the application form for only one course either for Odia, Marathi, Malayalam or Urdu.
- Candidate can submit the application form for PG Diploma courses in Journalism language through IIMC entrance exam from second week of June 2023 to second week of July 2023.
- Candidates must fill details and paste their recent passport size photograph on application form.
- Candidates must submit the application and take the printout as well for future reference.
IIMC Application Fee:
The application fee for the IIMC 2023 is as follows:
- The application fee can be submitted through online mode.
- Candidate can pay the fee by UPI, NEFT, Debit card, Credit card and Net Banking for transaction.
For CUET PG:
|Category||Centres in India (For up to 3 test papers)||Fee upto three test papers||Centres outside India|
|General/ UN-Reserved||Rs. 800/-||Rs.200/-||Rs. 4000/- (For up to 3 papers)|
Rs. 1000/- (For up to 1 paper)
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs. 600/-||Rs.150/-|
|SC/ ST/ 3rd Gender||Rs. 550/-||Rs.150/-|
For PG Diploma (Odia, Marathi, Malayalam & Urdu):
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs. 600/-|
|SC/ ST/ 3rd Gender||Rs. 550/-|
How to Apply for IIMC 2023:
- Step-1: Visit the website of IIMC 2023
- Step-2: Candidates have to register for online application process.
- Step-3: Then candidate have to pay the application fee through online mode.
- Step-4: Candidates have to fill the application form through their own handwriting.
- Step-5: Candidate can fill the application form for either Odia, Marathi, Malayalam, or Urdu for once course.
- Step-6: Paste the latest photograph of the candidate on the application form.
- Step-7: Take the printout of the application form and fee receipt for future use.
IIMC 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The IIMC Eligibility criteria 2023 for admission through entrance exam and CUET PG is discussed below:
For PG Diploma Courses (Through CUET PG):
- Age Limit: There will be no age limit for the candidates.
- Qualification: Candidates must have bachelor’s degree or equivalent examination from any recognized university/ institution.
- Marks: Candidate must score minimum 50% marks in graduation to be eligible.
- Appearing: Those candidates who are appearing in their final year in 2023 can also apply for the exam.
For PG Diploma Courses (Odia, Marathi, Malayalam & Urdu):
- Nationality: Candidate must be Indian citizen to be eligible for exam.
- Age Limit: The maximum age limit for general category candidates will be 25 years as on 1st August 2023 (born on 1st August 1997 or later).
- For SC/ ST/ Differently abled candidates maximum age limit must be 30 years as on 1st August 2023 (DOB should be 1st August 1992 or later). For OBC candidates maximum age limit will be 28 years as on 1st August 2023 (DOB should be as on 1st August 1994 or later).
- Qualification: Candidate must have Bachelor’s degree by any recognized university or institute to be eligible.
- Appearing: Candidates who are appearing for final year examination are also eligible.
- Selection: Students must qualify entrance test to be eligible for admissions.
IIMC Exam Pattern 2023
The IIMC Entrance Exam pattern 2023 is given below:
For CUET (PG):
- Mode of exam: The exam will be conducted through Computer Based Test (CBT) mode only.
- Shifts: The exam will be held in 2 shifts.
- Medium: The medium of the exam will be in English and Hindi.
- of Questions: There are total 100 questions in the paper.
- Marking scheme: For every correct answer candidate will get 4 marks and for every wrong answer -1 marks will be deducted.
For IIMC Entrance Exam (Regional Language Journalism):
- Type of Questions: The paper will contain Descriptive and Objective type questions. There will be short, long and MCQ type questions.
- Time: The duration of the exam will be 3 hours to solve the paper.
- Total Marks: The paper will be of total 100 marks.
IIMC Exam Syllabus 2023
The syllabus for IIMC 2023 will be different for every different offered course. The IIMC Syllabus 2023 syllabus will vary for courses offered through CUET PG and through IIMC Entrance exam.
IIMC Entrance Exam: The IIMC Entrance test 2023 syllabus is given below:
- International Developments (Political and Entertainment)
- General Awareness of Indian Political and Economic Environment.
- Awareness of current Public issues.
- Information Communication Technologies and its application in Media Industry.
- Indian history and Social Science.
- Knowledge of Language, Regional, National and International
- Mass Media and Society
- Translation from English to Regional Language
CUET PG Test Syllabus: The Syllabus is discussed below of CUET PG for admission into IIMC:
The syllabus for PG course includes the question from the relevant field/course opted by the candidates such as:
- Transport Science and Technology
- Public Health
- Material Science and Nanotechnology
- Home Science
- Hindu studies
- Fine arts
- Textile Design
- Medical Laboratory Technology
IIMC 2023 Preparation Tips
IIMC Preparation Tips will help the candidates to secure good marks in the entrance test:
- Prepare a timetable and divide time equally for all subjects.
- Check out the officially prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Take help from the best books and study materials available offline/ online.
- Practice the previous year’s question paper and sample paper.
- Include every single topic of the syllabus in your preparation.
- Don’t take the stress and take care of your health.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
IIMC 2023 Admit Card
The IIMC 2023 Admit Card for CUET (PG) will release from fourth week of May 2023 through online mode. To download the admit card candidate needs to fill in the details such as registration number, Candidate name, and Date of Birth.
For IIMC entrance exam, the admit card will release in July 2023. Admit Card contains the basic details of the applying candidates such as candidate name, candidate signature, photograph, test-related information, address, time, seat number, center, etc. Candidate should not forget to carry their IIMC admit card on the day of the examination as no candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall.
IIMC 2023 Exam Centres
Check below various IIMC exam centres where the candidates have to show them for appearing in test:
|Name of Course||Entrance Examination Centres|
|PG Diploma Course in Journalism (Odia)||IIMC Dhenkanal Campus or IIMC New Delhi Campus|
|PG Diploma Course in Journalism (Marathi)||IIMC Amravati Campus or IIMC New Delhi Campus|
|PG Diploma Course in Journalism (Malayalam)||IIMC Kottayam Campus or IIMC New Delhi Campus|
|PG Diploma Course in Journalism (Urdu)||IIMC New Delhi Campus|
IIMC 2023 Result
The IIMC 2023 Result will be announced in the month of July 2023 through online mode. It will be released separately for IIMC entrance test and for CUET PG courses. The result will be available on the website and the merit list will be prepared.
After the declaration of the IIMC result, only the candidates clearing the entrance exam will be called for document verification, Personal Interview/ Group Discussion. The candidates should bring all the relevant documents along with them during the process. Candidates clearing the GD/ PI round will be eligible for IIMC Admissions.
IIMC 2023 Counselling
The IIMC 2023 Counselling procedure will start after the declaration of result. The university will undertake the counselling process for those who will pass the admission test.
IIMC GD & PI rounds will follow after the counselling process. Candidates who will be shortlisted in these rounds will get a call letter for admission.
Such candidates need to come to their assigned facility with all necessary papers within the specified time frame to ensure their admission. Candidates must fulfill all procedures in order to have their seats reserved.
Documents Required During IIMC Counselling:
The following are the documents that will be required during the counselling/admission process:
- Class 10th/ high school or its equivalent examination certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet/ grade sheet or equivalent qualifying
- 10 recent color photograph
- Migration/ transfer/ character certificate
- SC/ ST/ OBC Category certificate
- Graduation Degree/ Mark sheet
- IIMC Admit Card
- IIMC Result Scorecard, etc.
If you have any query or doubt related to IIMC Entrance Exam 2023, you can ask us in comments box below.