IISc Admission 2019: Application Form, Eligibility, Dates, Entrance Test
Latest Applications Open 2019:
IISc Admission 2019 Application Form has been released. IISc (Indian Institute of Science) offers education in the field of advanced scientific and technological research. The university will not organize any examination for admission to the UG, PG and research courses. Admission into the courses will be done through JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET, CEED, JAM, JEST, UGC NET, KVPY & other entrance test. Candidates have to qualify the above mentioned test to get admission in various courses offered by IISc. Through this article, students can check details for IISc Admission 2019 including application form, eligibility, dates, admission, etc.
IISc Admission 2019 Notification – Application Form Released
IISC Admission 2019 Application form has been started from 1st February 2019 for both UG & PG courses. Check here application details.
IISc Exam Dates 2019
Here we are providing the dates of IISc admission 2019 for UG courses:
|Release of application||1st February 2019|
|Closing date of application||Last week of April 2019|
|Last date to submit the scores of KVPY, IIT-JEE (Main) , IIT-JEE (Advance) & NEET exam||Within 1 week from the date of announcement of result|
|Reporting at IISc for admission||Last week of July 2019|
Here we have mentioned the official schedule for PG & Ph.D courses:
|Online submission of applications||1st February 2019|
|Last date to submit the application||25th March 2019|
|Last date for receipt of application for Sponsored/ERP candidates||27th March 2019|
|Last date to submit the scores of Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF/UGC NET for JRF/ICMR-JRF/ DBTJRF / JEST exams||15th April 2019|
|Aptitude Test/Interview for M.Tech & M.Mgt||15th-17th April (for M.Mgt) 15th-17th May (for M.Tech)|
IISC Application Form 2019
- The application form can be filled and submitted through online mode only.
- IISc 2019 application form is available from 1st February 2019.
- Candidates have to register through Email ID and create a new user account to start the online application process.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned images of photograph, candidate’s signature, parent/guardian’s signature and caste certificate (if required).
- Fill all the details in the application carefully as per the instructions given.
- Candidates must take printout of the application form further use.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through debit/credit card, visa card, master card or net banking.
- The application fee will be non-refundable.
- In the table given below, we have mentioned the detailed application fee for various courses.
|Undergraduate||General, OBC & KM||Rs. 500|
|SC, ST & PwD||Rs. 250|
|Postgraduate||General, OBC, Sponsored candidates from Defence, DRDO, BARC, KSRTC, BMTC, ISRO, NAL,NTRO, BDA PWD and CPRI||Rs. 800|
|SC, ST & PwD||Rs. 400|
|ERP candidates (all categories)||Rs. 2000|
Latest Applications Open 2019:
IISc Eligibility Criteria
Below, students can check the eligibility criteria of various UG and PG courses offered by IISc:
Eligibility for UG Courses:
- Candidates must have qualified II PUC/12th or equivalent exam in the year 2018.
- Students appearing in 12th or equivalent in the year 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- In the qualifying exam, candidates must have physics, chemistry and mathematics/biology as compulsory subjects.
- Students should have obtained 60% or equivalent grade (relaxed to pass class for SC/ST candidates) in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates should have passed the KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advance or NEET examination.
Eligibility for M.Tech Courses:
- Candidates must hold a bachelor degree in the relevant field of engineering/technology.
- Master’s degree in Science, Physical Sciences, Instrumentation, Mathematics, Statistics, Geology, Electronics or MCA candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have a GATE 2017/2018/2019 score card.
Eligibility for M.Mgt Course:
- Students should have a bachelor degree in engineering/technology or equivalent degree.
- Candidates must have a valid GATE 2017/2018/2019, CAT 2018 or GMAT scores.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
IISc Cut Off 2019
The cut off will be released by IISc through online mode. On the basis of released cut off, candidates will get eligible for admission. The cut off will be released category wise. The expected qualifying cut off for UG courses of JEE Main, JEE Advanced and NEET UG exam is mentioned below:
|SC, ST & PwD||30%|
IISc Admission Procedure 2019
Here we have mentioned the IISc selection procedure (counselling) for UG and PG courses:
For UG Courses:
Firstly, candidates have to fill the application form to apply for admission. Selection will be based on the merit list of the national level examinations like KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advanced and NEET UG.
Candidates must have to obtain marks in the examination as per the cut off released by IISc. Reservation for reserved categories will be considered as per the Government of India regulations.
For PG Courses:
For admission in M.Tech courses, students will be shortlisted on the basis of GATE scores. For some other courses, students will be selected on the basis of GATE scores followed by an aptitude test or interview. Candidates have to register on COAP (Common Offer Acceptance Portal) to fill their preferences and accept the seats.
For admission in M.Des, students will be shortlisted on the basis of GATE or CEED scores followed by a Design Aptitude Test and interview process.
For any other queries about IISC Admission 2019, you may leave your queries below.