IIT JAM 2019: Admission Procedure, Counselling, Document Verification
IIT JAM 2019 Final Offer Letter has been released on 6th July 2019. Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.) is a national level examination. This exam is conducted for providing admission to the M.Sc., Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree & other post-bachelor’s degree courses at IITs. Through this exam, candidates can also get admission into the Ph.D. programme at IISc. It is managed by IIT, Kharagpur. In this article, we are providing complete information about IIT JAM 2019.
IIT JAM 2019 Notification
Complete notification has been released for IIT JAM 2020 on 11th July 2019. The application form has been started from 5th September 2019.
IIT JAM 2019 Final Offer Letter has been released on 6th July 2019. Check here all details about the IIT JAM 2019 seat allotment & further admission process.Check here for admission & other details.
IIT JAM 2019 Admission Form is available from 12th April 2019.
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Dates
Check here official JAM dates for the JAM examination.
|Availability of Online Application||5th September 2018|
|Last date to submit application||12th October 2018|
|Admit Card Release||8th January 2019|
|Mock Test Available||10th January 2019|
|IIT JAM Exam Date||10th February 2019|
|Candidates Response||19th February 2019|
|Answer Key Release||25th February 2019|
|Result Declaration||19th March 2019|
|Score Card||2nd April to 31st July 2019|
|Admission Form Availability||12th April to 25th April 2019|
|Last Date for receipt of request for change of category||29th April 2019|
|Declaration of First Admission List||8th June 2019|
|Declaration of Second Admission List||19th June 2019|
|Declaration of Third Admission List||30th June 2019|
IIT JAM Admission Procedure
Candidates, those qualify the examination (whose names appear in the merit list), they will be eligible to appear in the counselling procedure.
Candidates have to fill the IIT JAM admission form available from 12th April 2019 through online mode.
On the basis of qualified test papers, candidates should apply for one or more academic courses.
In the admission form, candidates have to fill a choice of courses in order of preference, educational qualifications, the percentage of marks/CGPA, category, PwD status, etc.
Candidates have to pay Rs. 600 as an admission fee. The first admission list has been released on 8th June 2019.
IIT JAM Result 2019
Candidates can check their results only through online mode from the official website. The IIT JAM result has been declared on 19th March 2019.
For each test paper, the institutions will be made separate merit lists as per the categories.
Candidates should download their IIT JAM 2019 scorecard from 2nd April to 31st July 2019. The organizing Institution will not send any hard copy of the score card through offline mode.
IIT JAM 2020 will be conducted by the IIT Kanpur on behalf of Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD). IIT JAM is one of the national level examination organized to offer admission into M.Sc.(four semesters), M.Sc. Ph.D., and M.Sc. Ph.D. dual degree etc. programmes at various IITs. The admission is offered to the Indian nationals as well as foreign national candidates. The application from filling process will get started from 5th September 2019.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
Click here to view IIT JAM 2019 FAQs.
IIT JAM 2019 Application Form
- Candidates are now able to fill & submit the application only through online mode.
- The IIT JAM Registration has been started from the 5th September 2018.
- Candidates can fill the IIT JAM 2019 application form till the 10th October 2018.
- Candidates should upload their scanned images of photograph, signature & SC/ST/PwD certificates (if applicable).
- The authority has been provide the JAM Application Correction facility.
- Take a printout copy of the application for further references.
- No hard copy of application & documents will be sent through offline mode to the organizing Institution.
The fee can be paid through Net-banking/debit card/credit card. The application fee details are given here:
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ST/PwD||Rs. 750||Rs. 1050|
|All Others||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2100|
Note: Candidates can appear in either one or two Test Paper(s).
IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the examination, candidates should check the eligibility criteria:
- Indian/Foreign Nationals candidates are eligible to apply.
- There will be no age criteria/restrictions to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have a bachelor degree.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must secure at least 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PwD category).
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
IIT JAM Admit Card 2019
The admit card has been announced by the Institution on 8th January 2019 through online mode.
Candidates can get the admit card by entering their Enrollment ID/Email ID & Password. No. IIT JAM admit card will be sent by post/email.
Candidates must carry their admit card along with original valid Photo ID proof at the examination hall.
On the day of the exam, the biometric system for verification will be used. Candidate’s fingerprint will be captured before they take the exam.
The exam pattern complete details are mentioned here:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be held in computer-based mode.
- Session: The exam will be organized into two sessions, i.e. 9 AM to 12 Noon & 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Sections: In the examinations, the questions will be asked in three different patterns such as Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- No. of Papers: Total seven papers will be organized for JAM exam.
- Duration: The exam duration will be three hours.
- Medium: The medium of the exam will be English only.
- Number of Questions: Total 60 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking only in Section A.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Section A||30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||50|
|Section B||10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||20|
|Section C||20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||30|
IIT JAM Syllabus 2019
The syllabus will be divided as per the subjects & sections. It will be comprised of following subject’s topics & chapters, i.e. Biotechnology (BT), Biological Sciences (BL), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GC), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) & Physics (PH). The IIT JAM syllabus will be prepared by the Institution from 10+2+3 level.
- Analyze the syllabus & exam pattern before start JAM Exam preparation.
- Prepare from the previous year’s question papers & sample papers.
- Try to solve online mock test papers for practice.
- Make short notes for revision.
- Choose the best study material & JAM Preparation books for exam.
- Maintain your health and keep healthy physically & mentally.
If you have any queries about IIT JAM 2019, you can ask us by leaving your comments in the comment box below.