IMU CET 2019: Counselling, Admission List, Admission Procedure
IMU CET 2019 Fourth Admission List has been released on 18th July 2019. The examination is organized by the Indian Maritime University (IMU). Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMU CET) is all India level examination. This university offers various UG, PG, PG diploma & research courses in the field of marine engineering. Candidates can pursue B.Tech, B.Sc. M.Tech, BBA, M.Sc, MBA, etc courses at IMU campuses & its affiliated colleges. In this article, candidates can get detailed information about IMU CET 2019.
IMU CET 2019 Notifications – 4th Admission List Released
IMU CET 2019 Fourth Admission List has been released on 18th July 2019. Check here for counselling details.
Check here all details about the IMU CET 2019 seat allotment & further admission process. Check here for counselling details.
IMU CET 2019 Result has been declared on 6th June 2019. Check here for result details.
IMU CET Exam Dates
In this section, we have updated official dates of IMU CET exam:
|Online Registration Starts||1st April 2019|
|Last Date for Basic Registration and Online Payment|
for CET Registration Fee
|7th May 2019|
|Last date for Online submission of Detailed|
|8th May 2019|
|Hall Ticket Release||15th May 2019|
|Date of Exam||1st June 2019|
|Result Publish||6th June 2019|
|Online Counselling Start for all UG & PG Programmes||10th June 2019|
IMU CET Result 2019
Candidates can check the result on the official website through online mode. The result has been declared on 6th June 2019. IMU CET 2019 Result has been announced separately for UG, MBA & M.Tech courses. Candidates are able to view their results in a pdf format.
Candidates can check evaluation of answers within 5 days after the examination. IMU CET answer key 2019 will be released along with the result. Candidates will also download their rank certificate for the counselling process.
IMU CET Counselling 2019
Candidates who are selected on the basis of IMU CET score are required to register for online counselling. It has been started from 10th June 2019.
The IMU CET counselling is organized for allotment of seats which followed by the document verification, physical fitness, etc.
The online counselling is limited to get admission into IMU campuses only. Other affiliated institutions not include in this counselling procedure.
Qualified candidates can apply directly to the affiliated institutions on the basis of IMU CET score.
During online counselling, candidates have to pay Rs. 10,000 (Non-refundable). Candidates have to register separately for UG & PG courses.
IMU CET Admit Card 2019
The admit card for UG & PG courses has been announced on 15th May 2019. Candidates can download IMU CET 2019 admit card only through online mode on the official website.
The university also inform the registered candidates about admit card through SMS or email. No other mode is applicable to get the admit card.
IMU CET 2020 will be conducted by the Indian Maritime University (IMU). It will conduct the CET (Common Entrance Test) national level entrance test to offer admissions into various UG & PG courses. The admission are offered to the candidates on the basis of All India Common entrance test in Marine engineering field.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
Click here to view IMU CET 2019 FAQs
IMU CET 2019 Application Form
- The university has released the application only through online mode.
- Candidates can fill the IMU CET 2019 online application form from 1st April 2019.
- It will be available till 7th May 2019 except BBA course.
- Candidates have to upload scanned copy of the photograph, signature, 10th Mark Sheet (as proof of Date of Birth), 12th std/degree certificate (if applicable), category certificate & other relevant documents.
- After form submission, candidates should download the print copy of an application for future use.
- The university will also send an email/SMS to the registered candidate about form submission.
The application fee is Rs. 1000 (General) & Rs. 700 (SC/ST category). Candidates can submit the fee through online (credit card/debit card) mode.
IMU CET Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria complete details below:
For UG Courses-
- Minimum Age: The minimum age limit should be 17 years as on 1st August 2019.
- Maximum Age: The maximum age limit should be 25 years as on 1st August 2019.
- Relaxation: There will be 5 years relaxation in maximum age limit for SC/ST category.
|B.Tech (Marine Engineering/ Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)/ B.Sc (Nautical Science/ Maritime Science)||Passed 10+2/equivalent examination with 60% marks (PCM) & 50% marks (English) in class 10th/12th.|
|DNS programme leading to B.Sc (Applied Nautical Science)||Passed 10+2/ equivalent (PCM: 60% marks)|
B.Sc (PCM)/B.Sc (Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the years) with marks not less than 60% marks.
Passed BE/B.Tech with minimum 50% marks.
Note: English Marks are to be 50% or more in any one of the above examination.
For PG Courses-
|M.Tech (Marine Technology and Management)||BE/B.Tech in Marine Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Naval Architecture with at least 60% marks.|
Associate Member of Institution of Engineers Part A and B in Mechanical Engineering with at least 60% marks (by examination).
MEO Class I Certificate of Competency.
Note: Candidates with prescribed GATE/GRE Scores are exempted from IMU’s CET.
|M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering/Dredging and Harbour Engineering)||Passed Engineering Graduate in Mechanical/ Civil/ Marine /Naval Architecture or equivalent with 60% aggregate.|
|MBA (Port & Shipping Management/International Transportation Logistics Management)||Passed bachelor’s degree in any discipline with the minimum of 50% marks & 50% marks (English) in class 10th/12th/UG degree.|
Note: For SC/ST category, there will be 5% relaxation in eligibility marks, it will not apply to English marks. Appearing Candidates can also apply but they qualify the exam before 31st May 2019.
- Candidates should be medically fit & meet the medical requirements as specified by DGS guidelines.
- Candidates have a good binocular vision. The vision should be 6/6 (normal) in each eye separately.
- For B. Tech (Marine Engineering), the vision should be unaided 0.5 (6/12) in each eye or 0.67 (6/9) in the better eye and 0.33 (6/18) in the other eye.
IMU CET Exam Pattern
The exam pattern details for UG & PG courses are given here:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be organized through online mode.
- Number of Questions: In the examination, total 200 questions (for all UG) & total 120 questions (for MBA/M.Sc/M.Tech) will be asked.
- Type of Questions: The questions will be multiple choice types.
- Duration: The examination will be of 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: For the correct answer, one mark will be allotted to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for the wrong answer.
IMU CET Syllabus 2019
The IMU CET 2019 syllabus for UG courses is consisting of English, General Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at Plus 2 level.
In the MBA & M.Sc examination, the questions will be asked from Quantitative ability, Data interpretation, Verbal ability and Logical Reasoning.
For M.Tech course, the syllabus will be comprised of English, Mathematics and one of Mechanical Engineering/Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering/Civil Engineering.
If you have any other query about IMU CET 2019, you can ask us by leaving your comments in the comment box.