JEE Advanced Cut Off 2020, Category-Wise Cut Off – Get Cut Off Here
JEE Advanced Cut Off 2020 will be released through online mode. JEE Advanced is a national level entrance exam that is the second stage of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). This exam will be organized by the IIT, Delhi under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB). JEE Advanced 2020 exam will be conducted on 27th September 2020 through offline mode. In this article, we are providing the complete information related to JEE Advanced 2020 Cut Off that includes the category wise Cut-Off of the previous year, rank list, etc.
JEE Advanced Cut Off 2020
JEE Advanced Cut Off 2020 is the minimum marks that candidates have to score for admission into the undergraduate level programmes. Every year, the cut-off list will be declared by the conducting authority after the result declaration. On the basis of the cut-off & rank list, candidates can get admission at IITs & ISM, Dhanbad. A rank list will be prepared as per the marks obtained in the exam.
Factors Affecting Cut Off:
On the basis of following factors, the cut-off list is prepared:
- Total number of candidates who will qualify JEE Main 2020
- Total number of candidates who apply for JEE Advanced 2020
- Total number of candidates appear for JEE Advanced 2020
- Difficulty Level of Exam
- Previous year cut-off trends
Previous Year Cut Off
Here, we have updated the last year qualifying marks of JEE Advanced:
|Category||Minimum % of Marks in Each Subject||Minimum % of Aggregate Marks|
|Common rank list (CRL)||10.0||35.0|
|GEN-EWS rank list||9.0||31.5|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||31.5|
|SC rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL)||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|SC-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory course rank lists||2.5||8.75|
|Rank List||Minimum marks in each subject||Minimum aggregate|
|Common rank list (CRL)||12||126|
|OBC-NCL rank list||11||114|
|SC rank list||6||63|
|ST rank list||6||63|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL)||6||63|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||6||63|
|SC-PwD rank list||6||63|
|ST-PwD rank list||6||63|
|Preparatory course rank lists||3||32|
|Category||PwD Status||Rank List||Minimum Marks in Each Subject||Minimum Aggregate Marks|
|OBC-NCL||Any||OBC-NCL rank list||10||115|
|SC||Any||SC rank list||6||64|
|ST||Any||ST rank list||6||64|
|OBC-NCL||Yes||OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||6||64|
|SC||Yes||SC-PwD rank list||6||64|
|ST||Yes||ST-PwD rank list||6||64|
Minimum Marks Required for Rank List:
Candidates have to score minimum percentage of marks, in order to be included in the rank list. Below we have listed minimum no. of marks both subject wise and aggregate.
- Maximum aggregate marks: 372 (186 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
- Maximum marks in Physics: 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
- Maximum marks in Chemistry: 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
- Maximum marks in Mathematics: 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
Candidates can check below the criteria for inclusion in the rank list in the JEE Advanced (previous year).
Minimum percentage of marks in each subject
Minimum percentage of aggregate marks
|Common rank list (CRL)|
|OBC-NCL rank list|
|SC rank list|
|ST rank list|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL-PwD)|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list|
|SC-PwD rank list|
|ST-PwD rank list|
|Preparatory course rank list|
JEE Advanced Cut Off Ranks
JEE Advanced cut off is different from minimum qualifying marks required for ranking. Each institution will release their separate opening & closing ranks to offer admission. Here, we have provided the opening and closing ranks for different IITs:
|Institutions||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|IIT (BHU) Varanasi||500||9805|
Cut-off Marks For Top 20 Percentile
- Category-wise cut off marks for top 20 percentile will be based on on the marks scored by all the qualified candidates in their respective boards in the particular year.
- Top 20 percentile cut off for 2020 will be considered for the candidates who pass the class 12th or its equivalent in 2020.
- In case of candidates who have passed the 12th examination in 2019 but appears any one of the subject for improvement in 2020 then cut-off for the top 20 percentile will be considered of the year 2019.
- If board doesn’t provide any information regarding the cut off of top 20 percentile then, in this case candidates have to produce a certificate from the respective Board saying that he/she falls in the top 20 percentile of successful candidates. If candidates fails to do this, then cut off marks specified by the CBSE board will be considered.
For any other queries about JEE Advanced Cut Off 2020, you can leave your queries in the comment box.