JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2020 – Check AAT Exam Pattern, Syllabus
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2020 comprises of the type of questions, marking scheme, mode of exam, etc. It is a national level entrance exam. This exam is called as Joint Entrance Examination Advanced (JEE Advanced). It will be organized by IIT, Delhi. It is held for providing admissions into various undergraduate programmes across IITs and ISM. Here, we have updated the complete details about JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2020.
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2020
- Date of Exam: The exam will be held on 27th September 2020.
- Exam Mode: The IIT JEE Advanced exam will be conducted through online (Computer Based) mode only.
- Number of Papers: The examination consists of 2 papers. It is mandatory for the candidates to attempt both the papers.
- Number of Sections: There are 3 separate sections in both the papers, namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Question Paper Type: The question papers will contain objective type that includes MCQ as well as numerical answer type questions.
- Exam Timings: Total 3 hours will be provided to each paper. Timings for paper-1 will be 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and for paper-2, the timings will be 14:30 p.m. to 17:30 p.m.
- Language: The candidates can avail the question papers in both English and Hindi medium (mention the question paper medium at the time of registration).
- Marking Scheme: There is a procedure of negative marking for some of the questions.
The detailed exam pattern of JEE Advanced is mentioned below:
|Paper||Subject||Section||No. of Questions||Total No of Marks||Max. Marks (Per question)||Negative Marking|
JEE Advanced 2020 Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)
- Exam Date: The examination will be organised on 8th October 2020.
- Exam Mode: AAT Exam will be held through offline mode only (Pen Paper Based).
- Number of Paper: The question paper will be composed of one paper.
- Number of Sections: It comprises of three sections: Mathematics, Aptitude Test & Drawing Test.
- Question Paper Type: There will be objective type questions will be asked.
- Exam Duration: The duration of exam will be 3 hours.
- Language: The medium of the question paper will be English only.
|Section||Subject||Number of Questions||Total Number of Marks|
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2020
JEE Advanced 2020 Syllabus contain topics form Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics subjects. Some major topics of the syllabus are given below:
Chemistry: Concept of atoms and molecules, neutralization, Absolute scale of temperature, root mean square and most probable velocities and their relation with temperature, Bohr model, spectrum of hydrogen atom, quantum numbers, etc.
Physics: Units and dimensions, dimensional analysis, Kinematics in one and two dimensions, Linear and angular simple harmonic motions, Hooke’s law, Young’s modulus, etc.
Mathematics: Algebra of complex numbers, addition, multiplication, conjugation, Trigonometric functions, their periodicity and graphs, Cartesian coordinates, distance between two points, section formula, etc.
AAT Exam: Exercises in geometrical drawing containing lines, angles, triangles, Understanding and appreciation of three-dimensional forms, Composition exercise with given elements, Context mapping, etc.
Exam Day Instructions:
In this section candidates can check some instructions regarding the examination:
- Reach the examination center at least 1 hour before the examination.
- Carry your admit card with one ID proof and 2 passport size photograph in the examination hall.
- Without admit card candidates will not be allowed to the examination hall.
- Do not bring any electronic device like mobile, calculator etc. in the examination center.
If you have any other queries about JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2020, you can ask us by leaving your queries below.