JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2019 – Check AAT Exam Pattern, Syllabus

Latest Applications Open 2019:

JEE Advanced Registration 2019JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2019 comprises of the type of questions, marking scheme, mode of exam, etc. It is a national level entrance exam. This exam is called as Joint Entrance Examination Advanced (JEE Advanced). It will be organized by IIT, Roorkee. It is held for providing admissions into various undergraduate programmes across IITs and ISM. Here, we have updated the complete details about JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Pattern.

Get latest news & updates about JEE Advanced 2019 via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below:

JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2019

• Date of Exam: The exam will be held on on 27th May 2019.
  • Exam Mode: The IIT JEE Advanced exam will be conducted through online (Computer Based) mode only.
  • Number of Papers: The examination consists of 2 papers. It is mandatory for the candidates to attempt both the papers.
  • Number of Sections: There are 3 separate sections in both the papers, namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
  • Question Paper Type: The question papers will contain objective type that includes MCQ as well as numerical answer type questions.
  • Exam Timings: Total 3 hours will be provided to each paper. Timings for paper-1 will be 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and for paper-2, the timings will be 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
  • Language: The candidates can avail the question papers in both English and Hindi medium (mention the question paper medium at the time of registration).
  • Marking Scheme: There is a procedure of negative marking for some of the questions.

The detailed exam pattern of JEE Advanced is mentioned below:

PaperSubjectSectionNo. of QuestionsTotal No of MarksMax. Marks (Per question)Negative Marking
Paper 1Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics15153-1
28324-2
35153-1
Paper 2Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics16183-1
28324-2
341230

JEE Advanced 2019 Preparations

JEE Advanced 2019 Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)

• Exam Date: The examination will be organized on 17th June 2019.
  • Exam Mode: AAT Exam will be held through offline mode only (Pen Paper Based).
  • Number of Paper: The question paper will be composed of one paper.
  • Number of Sections: It comprises of three sections: Mathematics, Aptitude Test & Drawing Test.
  • Question Paper Type: There will be objective type questions will be asked.
  • Exam Duration: The duration of exam will be 3 hours.
  • Language: The medium of the question paper will be English only.
SectionSubjectNumber of QuestionsTotal Number of Marks
1Mathematics30120
2Aptitude Test50200
3Drawing Test270

JEE Advanced Syllabus 2019

JEE Advanced syllabus will contain topics form Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics subjects. Some major topics of the syllabus are given below:

Chemistry: Concept of atoms and molecules, neutralization, Absolute scale of temperature, root mean square and most probable velocities and their relation with temperature, Bohr model, spectrum of hydrogen atom, quantum numbers, etc.

Physics: Units and dimensions, dimensional analysis, Kinematics in one and two dimensions, Linear and angular simple harmonic motions, Hooke’s law, Young’s modulus, etc.

Mathematics: Algebra of complex numbers, addition, multiplication, conjugation, Trigonometric functions, their periodicity and graphs, Cartesian coordinates, distance between two points, section formula, etc.

AAT Exam: Exercises in geometrical drawing containing lines, angles, triangles, Understanding and appreciation of three-dimensional forms, Composition exercise with given elements, Context mapping, etc.

If you have any other queries about JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2019, you can ask us by leaving your queries below.

1. prakashpal says:

Diploma Holders: To appear in JEE Advanced, a diploma holder can apply in JEE Main 2019. But their rank & score in JEE Main will not be considered for admission in NITs & CFTIs

respected sir
    a diploma holder hard to qualify jee mains compare to intermediate student .but iam qualified jee mains. as per above iam not eligible for iiit or nit colleges .we should write jee advanced it is much hard to inter students how can i ? both diploma and inter syllabus completely different .and we should loss one year of academic year we should study for first btech .we just happy to start first btech also but NTA doesnot provide seats for diploma holders in NIT
    so please understand my problem

2. Arjun says:

Sir,I am a general PwD student. Is minimum 100 marks enough in JEE advanced 2019 to get admission in IIT?

3. Gokul says:

Do I need to pass in jee main to appear for jee advance? Can I directly appear for jee advance?

4. Yogeshmalviya says:

Sir i clear jee main paper2, can i able for AAT??

5. Prince says:

Sir I have total 37 marks in jee main can i get government college pls rply sir

6. Prince says:

Sir I have total 37 marks in jee main can i get government college

7. Abhishek Ranjan says:

What will be the syallabus for students of B.Arch in Jee Advance? Do the students of B.Arch sit for Jee Advance after qualifing Jee Mains??

8. Gauri says:

I Have Given JEE Main Exam 2018.
    Please Let Me Know How Can I Apply For JEE Advance Paper And What Will Be The Last Dare To Apply For Jee Advance.

9. Shreshtha lavania says:

What is the procedure to get admission in iit for b arch

10. saswat says:

is this marking scheme correct

11. is this marking scheme corect says:

is this marking scheme correct

12. Abhishek Mishra says:

Is there 50%negative marking for computer based exam and only 25%for pen paper mode

13. M.Hasir says:

Sir I love to join in IIST-Trivadrum:-
    How much or what range of rank needed to join in IIST?

14. Abhinav says:

Sir, will there be any subjective questions asked in jee adv 2018 apart from the integer type answer question…

15. Shubham singh says:

Sir jee advance paper appears in which language Hindi or English

16. virat sam says:

it is useful for all students

17. Kailash Choudhary says:

Hello sir l want to confirm about in jee adv. MCQ have or not

18. Aniruddha Mehta says:

hello sir, is it confirm that jee advance 2018 will be online and short answer type questions.

• C. k. says:

Yes, it is confirm that iit jee advanced is going online as well as subjective, do not get panic, go well with studies and all the best

19. Sahil shinde says:

What is the range of ranks in jee mains and advanced to be eligible to get admission in IIT Bombay or Chennai I’m planning to appear in mains

20. Ashu says:

my jee main air is 21406 will i get dtu?

21. Anamika says:

Hey I hv done a small mistake in writing my guardians name…May I will b able to correct it???? Will it gonna bcm a big issue?????Why to do…Plz suggest smthng

22. Harsh says:

Sir I got 87 in jee main. General category rank is 99301.which college I can get.

23. mohd owais says:

dear sir i have 102 marks in jee main and i belong to obc categeory .will NIT ?

24. Sadiq alo says:

Sir I have got 35 total no In jee mains, can u provide any good college for me sir I am belongs to St student And iam A regular student of class 12th from J&k

25. avinash says:

My rank in jee main AIR is 81691….I’m eligible to advanced and I applied…Now how should I apply for counselling….Will I get seat in NIT in Tamil Nadu or puducherry

26. adwitiya says:

exam timing is mistyped at your website

27. madhumitha says:

Is it compalsary to write advance for be arch

28. RONTU says:

Sir , if i qualify 2016 jee main and didnot appear in jee adv 2016 , will i be able to appear in jee adv 2017 ??

29. Subhankar kumar says:

Sir how many questions are asked in jee(advance) from each subjects and how many marks it consists and what is the exact exam pattern?

30. Subhankar kumar says:

Sir how many questions are asked in jee(advance) from each subjects and how many marks it consists??

31. Asif Hamid says:

sir,I appeared in jeemain 2016 but not in jeeadvanced 2016 & didn’t get admission in any NIT.
    Now I want to appear in jeemain & advanced 2017.
    If I would qualify mains 2017,then am I eligible for advanced….?

32. rijwan siddique says:

Sir i have 1 year gap between class 10 and 11 sir i want to know that is threir any issue of iit for gap between class 10 and 11?

33. NIKITA ROY. says:

Respected sir, I passed HS EXAM under state board securing 91.20% and appeared for Jee exam in 2016. My All INDIA RANK WAS 11500 some thing forgot the exact rank in jee mains but below 12000(Rank) advance rank was 20000 some thing,but below 21000(Rank) same way forgot exact rank. I have taken admission in NIT in the same year,i.e.in 2016 and persueing the B.Tech course in NIT. Sir, Can appear for IIT( jee advance through proper norms as applicable. I will continue my current B.Tech course in NIT with regular attendance and sincerity. At the same time I will manage time at an hour in may or more for the preparation of IIT in 2017. But not hampering study of my current B.tech course. SIR, SIR WILL I BE ELLIGIBLE TO APPEAR FOR IIT.