JEE Main 2020: Application Form (2nd Sep.), Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
JEE Main 2020 first official statement has been released. Applications will be started from 2nd September 2019. It will be organized by the newly formulated body – National Testing Agency. This is a national level screening test conducted every year to offer admission into B.E, B.Tech, B.Plan and B.Arch programmes. As per the decision of HRD Ministry, the entrance test of JEE Main from the year 2019 onwards is being held twice in the months of January and April. Candidates who aspire to pursue these engineering programmes in various renowned institutions like IIT’s, CFTI’s, NIT’s etc. have to qualify the test by securing the minimum qualifying cut-off marks. Through this article, candidates will get to know the complete details regarding NTA JEE Main 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Notification – Releasing on 20th Aug
As per the sources, JEE Main 2020 Notification is releasing on 20th August 2019. Check here for other dates.
The registration will be started from 2nd September 2019. Check here for application details.
JEE Main 2020 New Changes Introduced
Candidates can check below all the new changes introduced in the JEE Main 2020 test:
- From 2019 onwards, National Testing Agency (NTA) is given the responsibility to conduct the entrance exams of JEE Main.
- NTA JEE Main 2020 will be conducted twice every year in the months of January and April in online CBT mode.
- The age limit to apply for JEE Main has been removed. Now candidates fulfilling the eligibility criterion can apply for the exam irrespective of their age.
- Candidates have to book their exam slots to appear for online mode exam.
- For JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan), it is mandatory for the candidates to have Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects.
- Aadhar card is not mandatory to apply for JEE Main 2020 entrance exams.
- Candidates appearing among the top 224000 qualified students will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
- NTA has set up more than 3400 Practice centers in the country for the preparation of the students.
- Diabetic students can take water bottle, fruits and sugar tablets inside the exam center.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Dates
Below we have provided all the tentative JEE Main Dates for various events taking place in the January session and April session:
|Notification release||20th August 2019|
|Release of Application Form||2nd September 2019|
|Availability of Mock Test||2nd week of September 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||Last week of September 2019|
|Last date of fee submission and image uploading||1st week of October 2019|
|Publication of allotted exam shift and date||1st week of October 2019|
|Application correction window opens||1st to last week of October 2019|
|Announcement of allotted exam centre||3rd week of October 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||3rd week of December 2019|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam (Paper 1)||1st to 3rd week of January 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam (Paper 2)||2nd week of January 2020|
|Declaration of Results||Last week of January 2020|
|Release of Online Application||2nd week of February 2020|
|Image correction window opens||In the month of February 2020|
|Availability of mock test||In the month of February 2020|
|Last date to submit application||1st week of March 2020|
|Last date to make payment of fee||2nd week of March 2020|
|Downloading of Admit card||3rd week of March 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam||1st to 3rd week of April 2020|
|Announcement of Result||Last week of April 2020|
JEE Main 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check below various important details regarding JEE Main 2020 Application form:
- The Application form filling process for the January session will start from the first week of September 2019 by the NTA and the April Session registration will start from the second week of February 2020.
- The complete online registration process will contain various steps – Online Registration, Filling the Application online, Uploading of Images, Payment of Application fee and Printing the Application.
- Last date to submit the application form online for the January session is last week of September 2019. For the April session, candidates can submit the application till the first week of March 2020.
- Candidates are required to submit only one application form. Multiple application forms from one candidate will get rejected.
Mode of Payment: Applicants can pay the fee by online mode through net banking/debit card/credit card. The fee can also be paid through SBI E-Challan method.
JEE Main 2020 Application fee for various categories is given in the table below:
|Exam Center in India||Exam Center Outside India|
|Paper 1 or Paper 2||For Gen/OBC-NCL candidates||Boys – Rs.500|
Girls – Rs.250
|Boys – Rs.2000|
Girls – Rs.1000
|For SC/ST/PwD/Transgender candidates||Boys – Rs.250|
Girls – Rs.250
|Boys – Rs.1000|
Girls – Rs.1000
|Both Paper 1 & Paper 2||For Gen/OBC-NCL candidates||Boys – Rs.900|
Girls – Rs.450
|Boys – Rs.3000|
Girls – Rs.1500
|For SC/ST/PwD/Transgender candidates||Boys – Rs.450|
Girls – Rs.450
|Boys – Rs.1500|
Girls – Rs.1500
JEE Main 2020 Application Correction
For all the candidates registered successfully, the board will provide JEE Main Application correction facility to correct mistakes. It will be one time facility for the students to make corrections in the details of application form.
The application correction window will open in the first to last week of October 2019 for the January session registration. For the April session, the correction process will start in the month of February 2020.
Students will be able to correct details in the application through online mode only. To make correction in the application, students have to pay an additional amount of fee.
Correction in the application must be done by the candidates before the last date of form submission.
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the JEE Main Eligibility criterion, before filling the application form:
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have passed their 10+2 level exams or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Diploma Holders: Candidates who are holding diploma can also apply for admission but only in IITs.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate in their 12th level must have passed with at least of five mandatory subjects – Physics, Mathematics along with any one from the Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology or any other technical vocational.
- Age Criterion: There is no age limit prescribed to apply for JEE Main 2020.
- Total Attempts: There will be no attempt limit to apply for this test.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are appearing for their Class 12th exams can also apply.
- Year of Appearance: Candidates passing their 12th level exam in the year 2018 or 2019 are only eligible to apply. Also, those appearing in their 12th level in the year 2020 are also eligible to apply.
Institutions wise Eligibility:
- To get admission into IITs. NITs, CFTIs and other institutions, students have secure 75% (For ST/SC – 65%) marks in their 12th level exams.
- On the basis of All India Rank of the candidate secured in the test, admission will be provided.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the complete NTA JEE Main Exam pattern provided below, before starting your exam preparation:
- Exam Date: JEE Main 2020 January Session entrance test will be conducted in the first to third week of January 2020. The April Session exam will be held in the first to third week of April 2020.
- Exam Mode: The entrance test will be organized in online CBT mode. However, the drawing test in Paper II will be held in offline.
- Number of Papers: The entrance exam will be held in two papers – Paper I and Paper II. Paper I will be held for admission into B.E/B.Tech programme while Paper II will be held for admission into B.Arch and B.Plan programmes.
- Number of Questions: In Paper I, the question paper will consist of total 90 questions. Whereas, in Paper II the question paper will contain total of 82 questions.
- Type of Questions: The questions in both the papers will be of objective type. However, the drawing test of paper II will contain subjective type.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be available in English, Hindi, Gujarati & some other state languages.
- Time Duration: The time duration to complete the paper will be of 3 hours. Extra time of 1 hour will be provided to candidates with 40% disability (PwD candidates).
- Total Marks: Paper I will be of total 360 marks. While, paper II will be of total 390 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for every correct answer. 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Check the section wise distribution of questions and marks for both the papers of JEE Main 2020:
For Paper I (B.E/B.Tech):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||90 questions||360 marks|
For Paper II (B.Arch/B.Plan):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||82 questions||390 marks|
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
The complete NTA JEE Main Syllabus can be checked by the students via online mode. Syllabus of Paper I will contain various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics studied in the 11th and 12th level.
Paper II Syllabus will contain topics from the Aptitude, Mathematics and Drawing sections.
Check below the detailed syllabus of JEE Main 2020
For JEE Main 2020 Paper I:
Physics and measurement, Rotational motion, Thermodynamics, Laws of motion, Oscillations and waves, Electronic devices, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Current electricity, Optics, Electrostatics, Work, energy and power, Kinematics, Gravitation, Kinetic theory of gases, Properties of solids and liquids, etc.
Sets, relations and functions, Matrices and determinants, Sequences and series, Mathematical induction, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Integral calculus, Statistics and probability, Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Vector algebra, Trigonometry, Permutations and combinations, Mathematical reasoning, etc.
Physical Chemistry: Some basic concepts in chemistry, Atomic structure, Equilibrium, Chemical thermodynamics, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Chemical kinetics, States of matter, etc.
Organic Chemistry: Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Organic compounds containing halogens, Chemistry in everyday life, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, etc.
Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, D – and f – block elements, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), Hydrogen, Environmental chemistry, Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, etc.
For JEE Main 2020 Paper II:
Part I: Awareness of persons, places, Visualising three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings, Buildings, Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal),Materials, Visualising, etc.
Part II: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, colour texture, building forms and elements, Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, harmony and contrast, Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms, subtraction, rotation, etc.
JEE Main 2020 Preparation Tips
Follow the below provided preparation tips to score good marks and qualify the entrance test:
- Before starting the preparation, candidates must know the complete details of exam pattern, marking scheme and syllabus.
- While preparing for the exam, note down all the important points, concepts or formulas at one place. Revise these notes regularly.
- Prepare for the exam from the study material which is mostly recommended by other qualified candidates and experienced teachers.
- Students can solve previous year exam papers or sample papers to know the exam trend and type of questions coming in the exam.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
JEE Main 2020 Slot Booking
The allocation of exam date, shift and exam centers will be done by NTA. It will be done few days before the release of admit card. To check the allotted exam date, time, shift and center, students have to login through their registered id and password.
No request or correspondence will be further entertained in this case by the officials.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
NTA JEE Main Admit Card will be released after the registration process is successfully completed. For the January session entrance exam, the admit card will be available in the third week of December 2019. Admit card for April session test will be released in the third week of March 2020.
To download the admit card, candidates have to click on the provided online link and enter their application number and password. Candidates will be also informed about their release of admit card through SMS or mail.
JEE Main 2020 Answer Key
NTA will release the JEE Main Answer key after the completion of entrance exams. It will be published for Paper I and Paper II in PDF format by online mode. The Answer key will be available in the month of January 2020.
To access the answer key candidates have to enter their application number and password. After downloading it, candidates will get to know the correct answers of the questions asked in the test and able to calculate the probable score.
In case candidates find any discrepancy in the Answer key, they can openly challenge the Answer key by paying certain amount of fee and submitting proof.
JEE Main 2020 Result
NTA JEE Main 2020 Results will be announced in the last week of January 2020 for the January session test. Result for April session test will be released in the last week of April 2020. Candidates can access their results by entering their date of birth and roll number.
After the results will be announced, scorecard will also be released online.
JEE Main 2020 Scorecard
JEE Main 2020 Scorecard is an important document which will mention various details about the candidate – name, roll number, parent’s name, category, state code of eligibility, marks obtained, All India rank, Category wise rank, qualifying status etc.
Candidates can download their scorecards by online mode. No scorecard will be dispatched to the candidates by offline mode.
JEE Main 2020 Rank List
JEE Main 2020 Rank list will be released by NTA after the declaration of results. Marks secured in the JEE Main 2020 entrance test will be evaluated and based on that ranks will be allotted to the candidates. Candidate’s All India rank and category rank will be mentioned in the rank list.
The percentile score of the candidates will be calculated using the normalization procedure.
JEE Main 2020 Cut Off
NTA will release the JEE Main Cut Off by online mode. To appear in the All India centralized counselling process, it is necessary for the candidates to obtain the minimum cut off marks. The cut off marks will be released for various categories.
In the table given below we have provided previous years cut off trends for various categories:
|Category||Cut-off 2018||Cut-off 2017||Cut-off 2016||Cut-off 2015|
JEE Main 2020 Counselling
Candidates successfully scoring the minimum cut off marks will be considered eligible to participate in JEE Main 2020 Counselling process. The counselling process will be held in completely online centralized process.
To participate in the counselling process students have to first register themselves. The counselling process will be organized by JoSAA. Candidates will be allotted seats in various participating institutions like NIT, IIT, CFTI etc.
Based on applicant’s category, rank obtained, seats availability and other factors, seats will be allocated. After the seat allocation, candidates have to report at the allotted institution for the document verification process.
If you have any query regarding JEE Main 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section below.