JEE Main 2021: Application Form (Delayed?), Exam Dates, Syllabus
JEE Main 2021 will be organized in the month of January 2021 as well as in April 2021 through online CBT mode. Joint Entrance Exam popularly known as JEE (Main) is a national level entrance test held every year. This renowned entrance test is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) which is an agency formulated by MHRD, Govt. of India. Through this national entrance exam, many candidates qualifying this entrance test are provided admission into UG engineering programmes in various IITs, NITs, CFTIs and other renowned institutions. For admission into B.E/B.Tech courses, candidates have to appear for JEE Main Paper –I. While for admission into B.Arch & B.Plan courses, students are required to qualify JEE Main Paper –II & III. Complete detailed information regarding JEE Main 2021, can be checked by the aspirants through this article.
JEE Main 2021 Notifications:
As per tweeted by MHRD Minister, Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, JEE Main 2021 exam will be organized in more regional languages of India. Check here for application details.
JEE Main 2021 Highlights
Whats new in JEE Main 2021? – Conducting in more regional languages
When can i register for JEE Main 2021? – December, Check application form
Will JEE Main exam postponed for 2021? Yes (For January Session)
Will JEE Main 2021 Syllabus reduced? – Yes (Upto 30 Percent), Check syllabus
How can i apply? Online mode only.
Will be there any changes in JEE Exam Pattern? – No, Check exam pattern
JEE Main 2021 Important Dates
Get tentative exam dates for JEE Main 2021 from below:
|Events||Important Dates 2021|
|January Session Dates||April Session Dates|
|Release of Notification||November 2020|
|Starting of Registration process||December 2020||1st week of February 2021|
|Image correction starts||December 2020||February 2021|
|End of registration||December 2020||1st week of March 2021|
|Last date of fee payment & uploading of images||December 2020||2nd week of March 2021|
|Application Correction starts||January 2021||March 2021|
|Release of Admit card||January 2021||3rd week of March 2021|
|JEE Main Exam||2nd week of January 2021||2nd week of April 2021|
|Display of Answer key||January 2021||April 2021|
|Declaration of Result||February 2021||Last week of April 2021|
|Counselling process starts||June/ July 2021|
JEE Main 2021 Application Form
Students can get information related to JEE Main 2021 in the below provided section:
- JEE Main 2021 Application process will get started from first week of December 2020 (January session) through online mode (link will be provided above).
- Students will be able to register themselves for JEE Main through NTA website.
- For the April session, the registration will begin from first week of February 2021.
- Students are advised to register through valid mail id and phone number. Complete details will be sent to it by the authority.
- Only one application must be submitted by single applicant. More than one application will get rejected by the authority.
- Complete application process will contain various steps like Registration, Filling up of Application form, Image uploading, Application Fee payment and Printing of Application form.
- Students will get an SMS/ mail on their registered mobile number or mail id regarding successful submission of form after completing the application process.
- After completion of application process, students are advised to print the application form and fee payment proof for any further use in future.
Payment mode: JEE Main Application Fee payment can be paid through online mode. Students will be able to pay the fee through net banking/debit or credit card, PAYTM or UPI mode. No offline mode will be allowed to pay the application fee.
Know category wise application fee for JEE Main as per the past trends below:
|Exam Center in India||Exam Center Outside India|
|Gen/Gen-EWS/ OBC-NCL candidates||Boys – Rs.650|
Girls – Rs.325
|Boys – Rs.3000|
Girls – Rs.1500
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender candidates||Boys – Rs.325|
Girls – Rs.325
|Boys – Rs.1500|
Girls – Rs.1500
|B.E./B.Tech & B. Arch|
B.E./B.Tech & B. Planning
B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch &
B.Arch & B.Planning
|Gen/Gen-EWS/ OBC-NCL candidates||Boys – Rs.1300|
Girls – Rs.650
|Boys – Rs.6000|
Girls – Rs.3000
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender candidates||Boys – Rs.650|
Girls – Rs.650
|Boys – Rs.3000|
Girls – Rs.3000
JEE Main 2021 Correction
The image correction facility will get started after the application process ends. Students will be able to make correction in the images uploaded wrongly while applying for JEE Main. The image correction will be started from second week of September 2020 (January session). For the April session, correction in the images will be available from February 2021.
Besides, correction in images, students will be able to make correction in various details entered in the application form. One time facility will be provided to the candidates to make correction in the details entered in the application. Students may have to pay additional fee to make JEE Main application correction. The correction in the details will get started in the third week of October 2020 (January session) and in March 2021 (April session).
JEE Mains 2021 Quick Links
JEE Main 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The JEE Main Eligibility criterion is provided in the below given section. Students must go through the complete eligibility before applying for the form:
- Nationality: Indian nationals as well as international applicants are eligible to apply.
- International Applicants: Applicants from foreign countries are required to obtain the necessary marks /percentage from board recognized by AIU to be eligible for JEE Main.
- Age Criterion: There is no age limit prescribed to apply for JEE Main 2021.
- Attempt Limit: There will be no attempt limit.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have passed 12th level or its equivalent in 2019 or 2020 from a recognized board or university.
- Appearing: Students who are appearing for their 12th level in the 2021 session are also eligible to apply. Students who have passed their 12th level in 2018 or before and those appearing in 2021 exam or later are not eligible for JEE Main 2021.
- Qualifying Subjects:
- For B.E/B.Tech, applicants in 12th level should have passed with at least of five subjects – Physics & Mathematics subjects as compulsory along with Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology or any other technical vocational as optional subjects.
- For B.Arch, students must pass intermediate level with Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
- For B.Plan, candidate should have passed 12th level with Mathematics as compulsory subject.
- Diploma: Those students who are holding diploma are also eligible to apply. Such candidates are eligible for admissions in IIT’s only.
Eligibility for Participating Institutions (NITs, CFTIs, IITs, SFTI’s & others):
- For admission into NIT’s, IIT’s, CFTI’s & other institutions through CSAB, candidate’s All India Rank will be considered. However, student must have obtained 75% (ST/SC – 65%) marks or come under top 20 percentile in 12th level.
- Admission into B.Arch in NIT’s, IIT’s, CFTI’s & other institutions will be only provided to the students who will have passed qualifying exam with aggregate of 50% marks and same in PCM subjects.
State Of Eligibility:
- Students will be required to fill the state code of eligibility at the time of registration process. The students will have to choose the state code of eligibility from which they have qualified their 12th level exam.
- The state code of eligibility will not depend upon the native or residence place of the appearing candidate.
- For the Indian nationals passing the 12th level from an institution located abroad, the state code of eligibility will be determined based on permanent address of India provided on the passport.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Pattern
Students must go through below given JEE Main Exam pattern to know various details about the entrance test:
- Mode of Exam: JEE Main is held through online CBT mode. The drawing test of JEE Main Paper II (B.Arch) will be held in Pen and paper mode.
- Time Duration: 3 hours will be provided to complete the paper. In case of PWD candidate with 40% disability, 1 hour will be provided extra for completing the paper.
- Language Medium: Students will be able to attempt the paper in English & Hindi. For the students appearing for the exam in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli exam centers, the language of paper will be in English, Hindi & Gujarati.
- Papers: For B.E/ B.Tech course, JEE Main Paper – I will be conducted. While for B.Arch & B.Plan admission, JEE Main Paper – 2 and JEE Main paper – 3 will be held.
- Questions Type: The questions present in the paper will be of objective type. Also, as per the latest changes in the pattern of JEE Main, there will be questions in which answers are to be made in numerical values. While the drawing test in JEE Main Paper 2 will be of subjective type.
- Number of Questions: The total number of questions in JEE Main Paper -1 (B.E/ B.Tech) – 75 questions; JEE Main Paper -2 (B.Arch) – 77 questions; JEE Main Paper -3 (B.Plan) – 100 questions.
- Total Marks: JEE Main Paper – 1 (B.E/ B.Tech) will be of total 300 marks. While, JEE Main Paper -2 & 3 for B.Arch/ B.Plan will be of total 400 marks.
- Marking Pattern: For every correct answer, 4 marks will be given. For every incorrect response, 1 mark will get deducted.
Know the questions distribution pattern of JEE Main Paper – I, II and III in the below given table:
JEE Main Paper – I (B.E/ B.Tech)
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks Distribution|
JEE Main Paper – II (B.Arch)
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks Distribution|
JEE Main Paper – III (B.Plan)
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks Distribution|
|Planning Based Questions -Part II||25||100|
JEE Main 2021 Syllabus
JEE Main Syllabus can be checked by the students online from the website. The syllabus is basically prescribed from 11th & 12th level topics of CBSE pattern. The JEE Main paper –I (B.E/B.Tech) will have questions from various topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. For JEE Main Paper – II (B.Arch) Syllabus the questions will be from various topics from Aptitude, Mathematics and Drawing sections.
For JEE Main Paper – III (B.Plan) Syllabus, the questions will be from various topics from Aptitude, Mathematics and Planning based questions.
Students will also be able to prepare from NCERT syllabus.
Know various important topics contained in the syllabus of JEE Main in the below given section:
JEE Mains Paper- I (B.E/ B.Tech) Syllabus:
Physics and measurement, Laws of motion, Rotational motion, Thermodynamics, Electronic devices, Oscillations and waves, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Current electricity, Optics, Work, energy and power, Electrostatics, Kinetic theory of gases, Kinematics, Gravitation, Properties of solids and liquids, etc.
Sets, Relations and functions, Integral calculus, Matrices and determinants, Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Mathematical induction, Sequences and series, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Statistics and probability, Trigonometry, Vector algebra, Permutations and combinations, Mathematical reasoning, etc.
Physical Chemistry: Some basic concepts in chemistry, Equilibrium, Atomic structure, Chemical thermodynamics, Chemical kinetics, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, States of matter, etc.
Organic Chemistry: Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Chemistry in everyday life, Organic compounds containing halogens, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, etc.
Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Hydrogen, D – and f – block elements, Environmental chemistry, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, etc.
JEE Mains Paper II & III (B.Arch/ B.Plan) Syllabus:
Part I: Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings, Materials, Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal), Visualizing, etc.
Part II: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, building forms and elements, color texture, harmony and contrast, subtraction, Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms, rotation, etc.
JEE Main 2021 Preparation Tips
To qualify in the JEE Main exam, we have provided some useful preparation tips which the appearing candidates can follow to excel in exam:
- Before the preparation is to be started, it is very essential for the candidates to know the syllabus and exam pattern.
- It is very important for the candidates to be aware of the question trends followed in the exam, so students can go through the past papers to know the details.
- To make the preparation strong, students are advised to attempt the mock tests.
- Candidates must prepare from a good source of study material which is commonly recommended for the exam.
- Students should also be aware of the exam pattern and marking pattern followed in the exam.
- Candidates must prepare notes and go through these notes regularly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
JEE Main 2021 Admit Card
The admit card of JEE Main 2021 will be made available in the first week of December 2020 (January session). Students will be able to download the hall ticket by entering their login details. Also an intimation of admit card will be sent to the candidates on their registered mail id/ phone number.
Students must note that no slot booking will take place to allot exam centers, exam time, date and exam shift. NTA will randomly allot these to the candidates. These details will be visible to the students when admit card will be downloaded.
For the April session admit card, students will be able to download it online from the website in the third week of March 2021. Candidates must go through complete details mentioned in the admit card. In case of correction in any detail in the admit card, contact the officials immediately before the exam date.
JEE Main 2021 Answer Key
NTA will publish the JEE Main 2021 Answer key (provisional) after the completion of entrance exam. The answer key will be published through PDF format online. The provisional answer key will get released in the third week of January 2021.
After the release of answer key, candidates will also be able to make challenges against it in case of any error. Students will be required to pay certain amount of fee and submit proof for making challenges.
After the challenge will be considered correct by the authority, the final answer key will be published.
JEE Main 2021 Result
JEE Main 2021 Result will be declared online on the website in the last week of January 2021 (January session). Students will be able to know the results through entering their date of birth & roll number. The April session result will be announced in the last week of April 2021.
The scores will be calculated corresponding to the raw marks obtained by the student in the entrance test.
JEE Main 2021 Scorecard
The Scorecard of JEE Main 2021 will be made available online for download after the results declaration. The scorecard is a necessary document which will display the performance of the candidate in the JEE Main exam.
Also other details like the candidate’s name, roll number, category, parent’s name, state code of eligibility, All India Rank, marks obtained, category wise rank, qualifying status etc.
No other mode will be entertained to get the scorecard. Students have to get it through online mode.
JEE Mains 2021 Rank List
After the JEE Main results will be declared by NTA, rank list will be published online. The rank list published online will mention the candidate’s – All India Rank and Category rank. Students will be allotted ranks based on the marks secured by the students in the JEE Mains entrance exam.
Separate rank list may be prepared by the states to admit candidates in the engineering institutions affiliated to State universities.
JEE Main 2021 Cut Off
To be eligible for admission into IITs, NITs, CFTIs and various other known institutions it is very important for the candidates to secure cut off marks. Also, students will have to obtain cut off as per their category to participate in the All India centralized counselling process.
Students can know below the cut off for various categories as per the previous year cut off trends:
|Category||Cut Off 2019||Cut Off 2018||Cut Off 2017||Cut Off 2016|
JEE Main 2021 Counselling
JEE Main 2021 Counselling will be organized by JoSAA from second week of June 2021. For the counselling process through CSAB it will get started from fourth week of July 2021. Students will have to register, make counselling fee payment & choice filling.
Only the students who will secure the cut off marks and get shortlisted in rank list will be only eligible for counselling session. Online centralized process will be organized for counselling. Seat allotment status will be displayed online and can be checked by the students through their login.
While reporting at the institution, students will also have to submit their essential documents such as –
- JEE Main Score card
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Date of birth proof (10th class mark sheet)
- Three passport size photographs (same as uploaded in the JEE Main application)
- Registration-cum-locked choices for seat allotment
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- 12th class performance check
- Undertaking by the candidate
- Medical certificate
- Photo ID card (issued by govt./last attended school/12th class admit card)
- JEE Main admit card
- 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate (if available)
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- OCI certificate or PIO card
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
If you have any other query regarding JEE Main 2021, you can ask your query in the comments section provided below.