JEE Main 2021: Counselling (Started), Result (Out), Cut-off (Out)
JEE Main 2021 2nd Mock Allotment (JoSAA) has been released on 24th October 2021. Counselling Registration & Choice Filling (JoSAA) has been started from 16th October 2021. Result has been declared on 5th October 2021 for Paper 2 (A) & 2 (B). Joint Entrance Exam (JEE Main) is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission into Engineering programmes in various IITs, NITs, CFTIs and other renowned institutions. As per the latest changes, it is being organised four times in year – February, March, April & May.
For admission into B.E/ B.Tech courses, candidates have to appear for JEE Main Paper – 1. While for admission into B.Arch & B.Plan courses, students are required to qualify JEE Main Paper – 2. Complete detailed information regarding JEE Main 2021, can be checked by the aspirants through this article.
JEE Main 2021 Notifications – 2nd Mock Allotment Out (JoSAA)
JEE Main 2021 2nd Mock Allotment (JoSAA) has been released on 24th October 2021.Check here for allotment details.
JEE Main 2021 Result has been declared on 5th October 2021 for Paper 2 (A) B.Arch & Paper 2 (B) B.Plan. Check here for result details.
Get all exam details and latest updates about JEE Main 2022 from here.
JEE Main 2021 Answer Key & Question Paper has been released on 28th September 2021 for Paper 2 (A) B.Arch & Paper 2 (B) B.Plan. Check here for answer key details.
JEE Main 2021 Result for fourth phase has been declared on 15th September 2021. 44 candidates have secured 100 percentile and 18 candidates have secured rank 1. Check here for result details.
JEE Main 2021 Cut-off has been released for all categories. Check here for cut-off details.
JEE Main 2021 Final Answer Key has been released on 8th September 2021. Check here for answer key details.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Analysis (Day 4 Shift 1) for Paper I (B.E/ B.Tech) has been released on 1st September 2021 for 4th Phase exams. Check here for exam analysis details.
As per the sources, NTA has removed age criteria from JEE Main 2021 Rank tie breaking policy. Check here for merit list details.
Note: Candidates can get fastest updates regarding JEE Main 2021 exam via SMS/E-mail. Click here to subscribe alerts.
JEE Main 2021 Image Correction has been started from 19th August 2021. Check here for application correction details.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Dates for May (Fourth) session have been released. The exam has been organized on 26th, 27th & 31st August and 1st & 2nd September 2021. Check here for exam dates details.
Important Applications Open 2021:
- UPES Dehradun – Apply Now
- Lovely Professional University – Apply Now
- Chandigarh University – Apply Now
JEE Main 2021 Highlights
Is the exam postponed for May session ? – Dates released now, Check exam dates
Whats new in JEE Main 2021? – New Exam Centres (Kargil, Kuala Lumpur & Abuja/Lagos), More regional languages added
How may times JEE Main exam will be conducted in 2021? – Four Times (February, March, April & May)
In which session paper 2A & 2B will be held again? – Paper 2A & 2B has been held in Session 4.
When will be application released for April session exam? – Released, On 6th July 2021
Will JEE Main 2021 Syllabus reduced? – No. However, choices will be provided in the question paper, Check syllabus
How can i get admit card? Online mode only.
Are there any changes in JEE Exam Pattern? – Yes, Check exam pattern
JEE Main 2021 Important Dates
Get tentative exam dates for JEE Main 2021 from below:
|Events||Important Dates 2021|
|February Session Dates||February Session||March Session||April Session||May Session|
|Release of Notification||16th December 2020||1st March 2021||6th July 2021||6th July 2021|
|Starting of Registration process||16th December 2021||1st March 2021||6th July 2021||9th August 2021|
|Image correction starts||January 2021||March 2021||6th – 8th July 2021||August 2021|
|End of registration||16th January 2021||10th March 2021||8th July 2021||11th August 2021|
|Last date of fee payment||17th January 2021||10th March 2021||8th July 2021||11th August 2021|
|Application Correction starts||19th to 21st January 2021||2nd to 10th March 2021||6th – 8th July 2021||9th to 11th August 2021|
|Release of Admit card||11th February 2021||11th March 2021||14th July 2021||22nd August 2021|
|JEE Main Exam||1st Session- 23rd – 26th February 2021|
2nd Session- 16th – 18th March 2021
3rd Session- 20th, 22nd, 25th & 27th July 2021
4th Session- 26th, 27th, 31st August & 1st, 2nd September 2021
|Display of Answer key||March 2021||24th March 2021||5th August 2021||6th September 2021|
|Declaration of Result||8th March 2021||25th March 2021||6th August 2021||15th September 2021|
|Counselling process starts||16th October 2021|
JEE Main 2021 Result
JEE Main Result for fourth session has been declared on 15th September 2021. For paper 2 it has been declared on 5th October 2021. It has been declared on 25th March 2021 for March session exam. For April session, the result has been declared on 6th August 2021. It has been declared on 6th August 2021 for May session. Students are able to check the results online by entering their date of birth & roll number.
For February session exam it has been declared online on the website on 8th March 2021 (February session). The scores can be calculated corresponding to the raw marks obtained by the student in the entrance test.
JEE Main 2021 Answer Key
Institutional answer keys has been released for fourth session exam. Official answer keys been released on 6th September 2021. NTA has published the JEE Main Answer key (provisional) along with question papers after the completion of entrance exam. The answer key has been published through PDF format online. The Final answer key has been released on 8th September 2021 for fourth Session.
After the release of answer key, candidates can also be able to make challenges against it in case of any error. Students are required to pay certain amount of fee and submit proof for making challenges. After the challenge is considered correct by the authority, the final answer key has been published.
JEE Main 2021 Scorecard
The Scorecard of JEE Main 2021 will be made available online for download after the results declaration. The scorecard is a necessary document which will display the performance of the candidate in the JEE Main exam.
Also other details like the candidate’s name, roll number, category, parent’s name, state code of eligibility, All India Rank, marks obtained, category wise rank, qualifying status etc.
No other mode will be entertained to get the scorecard. Students have to get it through online mode.
JEE Mains 2021 Rank List
After the JEE Main results will be declared by NTA, rank list will be published online. The rank list published online will mention the candidate’s – All India Rank and Category rank. Students will be allotted ranks based on the marks secured by the students in the JEE Mains entrance exam.
Separate rank list may be prepared by the states to admit candidates in the engineering institutions affiliated to State universities.
JEE Main 2021 Cut Off
To be eligible for admission into IITs, NITs, CFTIs and various other known institutions it is very important for the candidates to secure cut off marks. Also, students must have to obtain cut off as per their category to participate in the All India centralized counselling process.
Students can know below the cut off for various categories as per the previous year cut off trends:
|Category||Cut Off 2020||Cut Off 2019||Cut Off 2018||Cut Off 2017||Cut Off 2016|
JEE Main 2021 Counselling
JEE Main Counselling has been organised by JoSAA from 16th October 2021. For the counselling process through CSAB it will get started from October 2021. Students must have to register, make counselling fee payment & choice filling. 1st mock allotment has been released on 22nd October 2021.
Seat allotment for 2nd round has been released on 25th October 2021. Only the students who have secured the cut off marks and get shortlisted in rank list will be only eligible for counselling session.
Online centralised process is organised for counselling. Seat allotment status is displayed online and can be checked by the students through their login.
While reporting at the institution, students also have to submit their essential documents such as –
- JEE Main Score card
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Date of birth proof (10th class mark sheet)
- Three passport size photographs (same as uploaded in the JEE Main application)
- Registration-cum-locked choices for seat allotment
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- 12th class performance check
- Undertaking by the candidate
- Medical certificate
- Photo ID card (issued by govt./last attended school/12th class admit card)
- JEE Main admit card
- 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate (if available)
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- OCI certificate or PIO card
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Click here to read more FAQs on JEE Main 2021
JEE Main 2021 Application Form
Students can get information related to JEE Main 2021 in the below provided section:
- JEE Main 2021 Application process has been started for May session through online mode (link is provided above).
- Students are able to register themselves for JEE Main through NTA website.
- Students are advised to register through valid mail id and phone number. Complete details will be sent to it by the authority.
- Candidates can apply for one or more than one session together and pay application fee accordingly.
- Candidates can fill language of question paper at the time of filling application form, it can not be changed at later stage.
- Complete application process contains various steps like Registration, Filling up of Application form, Image uploading, Application Fee payment and Printing of Application form.
- Students can get an SMS/ mail on their registered mobile number or mail id regarding successful submission of form after completing the application process.
- Candidates can fill application form till 8th July 2021 for April session & till 11th August 2021 for May session exam.
- The application correction window has been also opened from 9th August 2021 for 4th session.
- After completion of application process, students are advised to print the application form and fee payment proof for any further use in future.
Payment mode: JEE Main Application Fee payment can be paid through online mode. Students are able to pay the fee through net banking/debit or credit card, PAYTM or UPI mode. No offline mode is allowed to pay the application fee.
In case candidates does not want to appear in the session for which application fee has been paid, then it can be refunded by the officials.
Know category wise application fee for JEE Main as per the past trends below:
|Exam Center in India||Exam Center Outside India|
|Gen/Gen-EWS/ OBC-NCL candidates||Boys – Rs.650|
Girls – Rs.325
|Boys – Rs.3000|
Girls – Rs.1500
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender candidates||Boys – Rs.325|
Girls – Rs.325
|Boys – Rs.1500|
Girls – Rs.1500
|B.E./B.Tech & B. Arch|
B.E./B.Tech & B. Planning
B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch &
B.Arch & B.Planning
|Gen/Gen-EWS/ OBC-NCL candidates||Boys – Rs.1300|
Girls – Rs.650
|Boys – Rs.6000|
Girls – Rs.3000
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender candidates||Boys – Rs.650|
Girls – Rs.650
|Boys – Rs.3000|
Girls – Rs.3000
JEE Main 2021 Correction
The application correction facility has been started with the application form. Students are able to make correction in the details while applying for JEE Main. Candidates can make correction in the application form from 9th August 2021 (May session). For May session, candidates can make correction from 9th to 11th 2021.
Correction in online Application Forms, like – name of candidate, contact/ address details, category, PwD status, educational qualification details, date of birth, choice of exam cities, etc. will be treated as final. Any changes in these details will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Besides, correction in images, students are able to make correction in various details entered in the application form. One time facility has been provided to the candidates to make correction in the details entered in the application.
Students must have to pay additional fee to make JEE Main application correction. The correction in other details has been started from 9th to 11th August 2021 (May session).
JEE Main 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The JEE Main Eligibility criterion is provided in the below given section. Students must go through the complete eligibility before applying for the form:
- Nationality: Indian nationals as well as international applicants are eligible to apply.
- International Applicants: Applicants from foreign countries are required to obtain the necessary marks /percentage from board recognized by AIU to be eligible for JEE Main.
- Age Criterion: There is no age limit prescribed to apply for JEE Main 2021.
- Attempt Limit: There is no attempt limit.
- JEE Advanced: JAB has decided to give one more chance to students who could not take JEE Advanced 2020 due to Covid-19. Such students will not have to re-qualify by writing JEE Main 2021 and will be allowed to directly appear in the JEE Advanced 2021 exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have passed 12th level or its equivalent in 2019, 2020 from a recognized board or university.
- Appearing: Students who are appearing for their 12th level in the 2021 session are also eligible to apply. Students who have passed their 12th level in 2018 or before and those appearing in 2021 exam or later are not eligible for JEE Main 2021.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates will now only need passing certificates in class 12th irrespective of the marks obtained (applicable only for 2021 session).
- Qualifying Subjects:
- For B.E/ B.Tech, applicants in 12th level should have passed with at least of five subjects – Physics & Mathematics subjects as compulsory along with Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology or any other technical vocational as optional subjects.
- For B.Arch, students must pass intermediate level with Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
- For B.Plan, candidate should have passed 12th level with Mathematics as compulsory subject.
- Diploma: Those students who are holding diploma are also eligible to apply. Such candidates are eligible for admissions in IIT’s only.
State Of Eligibility:
- Students will be required to fill the state code of eligibility at the time of registration process. The students will have to choose the state code of eligibility from which they have qualified their 12th level exam.
- The state code of eligibility will not depend upon the native or residence place of the appearing candidate.
- For the Indian nationals passing the 12th level from an institution located abroad, the state code of eligibility will be determined based on permanent address of India provided on the passport.
JEE Main 2021 Admit Card
JEE Main 2021 admit card has been made available from 14th July 2021 (April session). It has been released on 30th July 2021 for candidates who were not appeared in the exam due to lockdown. It has been released on 22nd August 2021 for May session. Students are able to download the hall ticket by entering their login details. Also an intimation of admit card can be sent to the candidates on their registered mail id/ phone number.
Students must note that no slot booking can take place to allot exam centers, exam time, date and exam shift. NTA will randomly allot these to the candidates. These details will be visible to the students when admit card can be downloaded.
For the April session admit card, students can download it online from the NTA website. Candidates must go through complete details mentioned in the admit card. In case of correction in any detail in the admit card, contact the officials immediately before the exam date.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Pattern
Students must go through below given JEE Main Exam pattern to know various details about the entrance test:
- Mode of Exam: JEE Main will be held through online CBT mode. The drawing test of JEE Main Paper II (B.Arch) is held in Pen and paper mode.
- Time Duration: 3 hours is provided to complete the paper. In case of PWD candidate with 40% disability, 1 hour is provided extra for completing the paper.
- Language Medium: Students can attempt the paper in Assamese, Bengali, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu in addition to Hindi, English and Gujarati.
- Papers: For B.E/ B.Tech course, JEE Main Paper – I is conducted. While for B.Arch & B.Plan admission, JEE Main Paper – 2 and JEE Main paper – 3 is held.
- Questions Type: The questions present in the paper are of objective type. Also, as per the latest changes in the pattern of JEE Main, there are questions in which answers are to be made in numerical values. While the drawing test in JEE Main Paper 2 will be of subjective type.
- Number of Questions: The total number of questions in JEE Main Paper -1 (B.E/ B.Tech) – 90 questions; JEE Main Paper -2 (B.Arch) – 82 questions; JEE Main Paper -3 (B.Plan) – 105 questions.
- Total Marks: JEE Main Paper – 1 (B.E/ B.Tech) will be of total 300 marks. While, JEE Main Paper -2 & 3 for B.Arch/ B.Plan will be of total 400 marks.
- Marking Pattern: For every correct answer, 4 marks are given. For every incorrect response, 1 mark get deducted.
Know the questions distribution pattern of JEE Main Paper – I, II and III in the below given table:
JEE Main Paper – I (B.E/ B.Tech)
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks Distribution|
|Section A||Section B|
JEE Main Paper – II (B.Arch)
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks Distribution|
|Section A||Section B|
JEE Main Paper – III (B.Plan)
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks Distribution|
|Section A||Section B|
|Planning Based Questions -Part II||25||–||100|
Note: 1. In Section B, candidates will have to attempt any 5 questions out of 10. There will be no negative marking for section B questions.
2. The officials has decided to provide choices in one section to cater to the decision of different Boards across the country regarding the reduction of syllabus. However, the total number of questions to be attempted will remain the same (Physics – 25, Chemistry – 25 and Mathematics – 25), wherever applicable.
JEE Main 2021 Syllabus
JEE Main Syllabus can be checked by the students online from the website. The syllabus is basically prescribed from 11th & 12th level topics of CBSE pattern. The JEE Main paper –I (B.E/B.Tech) will have questions from various topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
For JEE Main Paper – II (B.Arch) Syllabus the questions will be from various topics from Aptitude, Mathematics and Drawing sections.
There is no changes done by the officials in syllabus, However, there will be some changes in exam pattern.
For JEE Main Paper – III (B.Plan) Syllabus, the questions will be from various topics from Aptitude, Mathematics and Planning based questions.
Students will also be able to prepare from NCERT syllabus.
Know various important topics contained in the syllabus of JEE Main in the below given section:
JEE Mains Paper- I (B.E/ B.Tech) Syllabus:
Physics and measurement, Laws of motion, Rotational motion, Thermodynamics, Electronic devices, Oscillations and waves, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Current electricity, Optics, Work, energy and power, Electrostatics, Kinetic theory of gases, Kinematics, Gravitation, Properties of solids and liquids, etc.
Sets, Relations and functions, Integral calculus, Matrices and determinants, Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Mathematical induction, Sequences and series, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Statistics and probability, Trigonometry, Vector algebra, Permutations and combinations, Mathematical reasoning, etc.
Physical Chemistry: Some basic concepts in chemistry, Equilibrium, Atomic structure, Chemical thermodynamics, Chemical kinetics, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, States of matter, etc.
Organic Chemistry: Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Chemistry in everyday life, Organic compounds containing halogens, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, etc.
Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Hydrogen, D – and f – block elements, Environmental chemistry, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, etc.
JEE Mains Paper II & III (B.Arch/ B.Plan) Syllabus:
Part I: Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings, Materials, Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal), Visualizing, etc.
Part II: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, building forms and elements, color texture, harmony and contrast, subtraction, Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms, rotation, etc.
JEE Mains 2021 Quick Links
JEE Main 2021 Preparation Tips
To qualify in the JEE Main exam, we have provided some useful preparation tips which the appearing candidates can follow to excel in exam:
- Before the preparation is to be started, it is very essential for the candidates to know the syllabus and exam pattern.
- It is very important for the candidates to be aware of the question trends followed in the exam, so students can go through the past papers to know the details.
- To make the preparation strong, students are advised to attempt the mock tests.
- Candidates must prepare from a good source of study material which is commonly recommended for the exam.
- Students should also be aware of the exam pattern and marking pattern followed in the exam.
- Candidates must prepare notes and go through these notes regularly.
If you have any other query regarding JEE Main 2021, you can ask your query in the comments section provided below.