JEE Main Eligibility 2019, Attempts, Qualification & Age Eligibility Criteria
JEE Main Eligibility 2019 has been published by the National Testing Agency (NTA). It is the main exam conducting authority which organizes Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main). This exam is national level examination conducts to provide admissions in undergraduate engineering courses in IITs, NITs and IIITs. It is conducted in online (computer based mode) mode. Before filling the application form candidates must have satisfied themselves with the eligibility criteria that they are eligible for the paper which they are applying for. Here in this article, we have provided the information about officially announced JEE Mains 2019 Eligibility.
JEE Main 2019 Notifications – Eligibility Revised
As per the COA, JEE Main 2019 Eligibility for Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning) programme has been revised. Now Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics are the mandatory subjects for Paper 2. Click here to view notice.
JEE Main Eligibility 2019
Below, we have mentioned complete details about JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria to appear in the examination. Candidates should full fill the given eligibility before JEE Main Application Filling.
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian Citizen.
- NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & Foreign national candidates can also apply.
Requirement of “Aadhar Card”:
- Aadhaar Card is not compulsory to apply for this exam.
- Candidates can use Passport number, Ration Card number, Bank Account number or any other valid Government identity number.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit prescribed to apply for JEE Main 2019.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must qualify their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Subjects: Candidates must have to take minimum 5 subjects in 12th/equivalent examination. Candidates appearing for JEE Main 2019 must have passed class 12th with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
- Passing Marks: There is no prescribed percentage to appear in the examination. Candidates having passing marks can also apply.
- Appearing Candidates: If a candidate appears in 12th or equivalent class in 2019 are also eligible for JEE Main 2019.
- NIOS candidates can also apply for this exam.
- Diploma Holders: To appear in JEE Advanced, a diploma holder can apply in JEE Main 2019. But their rank & score in JEE Main will not be considered for admission in NITs & CFTIs.
- No board marks will be taken into account for calculating JEE Main score from the year 2017 onwards.
- For B.Arch (Paper 2): Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects are mandatory in 10+2 exam. Candidates should have secured 50% aggregate in the qualifying exam.
Passing Year Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates who have passed 12th class or equivalent exam in 2017 or 2018 (not before 2017) are eligible to apply for this exam.
- If candidates have appeared in a 12th or equivalent exam in 2016 but did not cleared in 2016, but passed in 2017 are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have passed 12th exams in 2016 or before or appearing in 2020 or later exams are not eligible to apply for JEE Main 2019.
- If candidates qualify 12th exam in 2018 & appear for improvement in 2019 for one or few subjects, then top 20 percentile cut-off for 2018 will be considered.
- However, if a candidate writes all the subjects in 2019, then the best of the two performances will be considered.
- Candidates also note down that for the percentile system, total marks obtained in all the five subjects of mark sheet are required for JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
Eligibility for Paper 2 (B.Arch):
As per the notification released by COA, we have mentioned below the eligibility criteria for paper 2 (B.Arch):
- Qualifying Exam:
Eligibility for Admission in NITs, IIITs and CFTIs:
- Minimum Marks: For admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs, candidates should secure minimum 75% marks (65% for SC/ST students) in the qualifying examination or must be in top 20 percentile in class 12th examination conducted by respective boards.
- Subjects combination required in the qualifying exam for admission in engineering & architecture courses are mentioned below:
|Course||Criteria Required for Admission|
Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational
Passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics.
If you have any queries related to JEE Main Eligibility 2019, you may ask your comments below in the comment box.