JEXPO 2020: Admit Card, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
JEXPO 2020 Admit Card is releasing soon. West Bengal State Council of Technical Education conducts the state level polytechnic entrance exam of JEXPO every year. Through this entrance exam, candidates are offered admission into various diploma programmes in Engineering & Technology, Architecture, Pharmacy and various other fields. Candidates have to qualify the entrance test to get admission into various government or private polytechnic institutions situated in the state of West Bengal. Through this article, candidates will get to know the complete details of JEXPO 2020.
JEXPO 2020 Notifications – Exam Postponed
JEXPO 2020 Exam to be conducted on 26th April 2020 has been postponed. New dates will be announced soon. Check here for details.
JEXPO 2020 Admit Card is releasing soon. Check here for admit card details.
JEXPO 2020 Important Dates
Below we have provided all the official JEXPO exam dates:
|Release of Application Form||2nd January 2020|
|Last date to submit online Application||15th April 2020|
|Availability of Admit card||–|
|JEXPO 2020 Exam||–|
|Publication of merit list/Result announcement||–|
|Starting of Counselling||–|
JEXPO 2020 Admit Card
JEXPO Admit card will be released on the website in the month of May 2020. Students can download their admit cards by online mode through the website. No candidates will be provided admit cards through any other mode.
The admit card can be downloaded by the candidates by entering their login credentials like application number and password. Candidates must carry their admit card along with them on the exam day. Also candidates have to carry their valid id proof with the admit card for identity verification process.
JEXPO 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check below the complete JEXPO exam pattern:
- Exam Mode: JEXPO 2020 Entrance exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- Number of Papers: The exam will be held in two papers. Paper I of the test will be of Mathematics and Paper II of Physics and Chemistry.
- Number and Type of Questions: The entrance test will contain total of 100 multiple choice questions.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English & Bengali language.
- Time Duration: For each paper, the total time duration will be of 2 hours.
- Total Marks: The exam paper will be of total 100 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, +1 mark will be awarded to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks|
JEXPO 2020 Syllabus
JEXPO Syllabus for 2020 session has been prescribed by the authority according to the 10th level syllabus of WBBSE. Various topics of 10th level will be asked from the Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects in the entrance test. The complete syllabus can be checked by the candidates from the website.
JEXPO 2020 Preparation Tips
Follow the given below JEXPO preparation tips to score good marks and get qualified in the entrance exam:
- Make a proper routine for the preparation of the entrance exam.
- Go through the complete details of the exam syllabus, exam pattern and marking scheme.
- Solve various previous years papers/sample papers.
- Attempt mock tests to analyze your preparation level for the exam.
- Note down all the important points at one place. Revise these notes regularly.
- Prepare from good and highly recommended study materials.
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
JEXPO 2020 Merit List/Result
JEXPO Merit list will be published by the authority from June 2020 tentatively. Candidates can check their merit position by online mode from the website.
No rank card will be provided to the selected candidates individually. Candidates selected in the merit list will be able to participate in the counselling process. Candidates who have not attended the exam or have obtained ‘zero’ marks in any of the paper will not be shortlisted in the merit list.
JEXPO 2020 Counselling
JEXPO Counselling Process will start in the first week of June 2020. Through the Counselling process, candidates will get admission in various Polytechnics/Technological Institutions. Complete information regarding counselling can be checked by the candidates from the website.
During the counselling process, the process of document verification and seat allotment will be done. Candidates have to produce their required documents/testimonials. Reserved category candidates must produce their Caste Certificate during counselling. In case any candidate fails to produce any of the required documents, his/her candidature will be automatically cancelled by the Council.
JEXPO 2020 Application Form
Candidate can check below the details of JEXPO 2020 Application form:
- JEXPO 2020 Application Form has been released on the website from 2nd January 2020.
- Candidates must fill the form carefully and submit it till 15th April 2020.
- Candidates can fill the application form through online as well as offline mode.
- The complete online application process will consist of – Registration process, filling the application, uploading of images and fee payment.
- Candidate applying by offline mode have to collect the application form from polytechnic institutions affiliated to WBSCTE.
- The OMR filled in application forms have to be submitted by the candidates at designated polytechnic centers.
The Application Fee of JEXPO 2020 is:
- Online Application Fee – Rs.450 (Rs.225 for Kanyashree enrollees)
- Offline/OMR Application Fee – Rs.500 (Rs.250 for Kanyashree enrollees)
JEXPO 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, candidates must check below the complete JEXPO eligibility criterion:
- Nationality: Applying candidate must be citizen of India.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed his/her 10th level (Madhyamik) exams or its equivalent from a Recognized Board or University.
- Qualifying Subjects: Applying candidate must have passed his/her 10th level exams with Mathematics, English and Science/Physical Science subjects.
- Qualifying Marks: He/she must have passed his 10th level exams with minimum of 35% marks.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the 10th level exams are also eligible.
- Age Criteria: Applying candidate must not be born after July 1, 2005. There is no upper age limit prescribed to apply.
If you have any query related to JEXPO 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section below.