JIPMER MBBS 2023 Counselling (Started), NEET Seat Allotment
JIPMER MBBS 2023 (NEET) Counselling has been started from 20th July 2023. It is organised through online mode. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry is the authority which organises JIPMER MBBS entrance exam. JIPMER examination is now replaced by NEET. Admission is provided based on NEET scores. Candidates can get admission to the MBBS course offered by JIPMER, Puducherry & JIPMER, and Karaikal. Total 200 seats will be made available for MBBS programme. In this article, we have updated complete information about JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2023.
JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2023 – Started (NEET)
JIPMER MBBS (NEET) 2023 Counselling has been started from 20th July 2023. Click here to register.
The University will release the list of candidates those who qualify for counselling. Candidates will be shortlisted for the counselling on the basis of the NEET scores.
The counselling will be organized in four rounds through online mode. Candidates, those who are able to attend the counselling must have to report at the counselling center at a given date & time stipulated in the call letter.
Candidates should download their rank letter from the website in order to participate in the counselling. No individual call letter will be sent to the candidates through offline mode.
JIPMER Cut Off 2023 is published after the result announcement. It is released through online mode. Cut off are the minimum marks student have to obtain to clear the examination.
On the day of counselling, Biometric fingerprint & image verifications of the candidate will be done. Candidates will have to present physically on the day of counselling. In the counselling, the seat first will be filled by the General (UR) & Orthopedically Candidates (OPH).
In each category, the total number of candidates will be called for counselling 10 times the number of seats available. In case, candidates will not opt/chosen course/college in the first round of counselling. They will be eligible to attend second round of counselling. It will be held only in case of seat vacant.
JIPMER 2023 Counselling Schedule
Candidates must check here the counselling schedule of JIPMER MBBS 2023 through MCC UG medical counselling:
|Events (Centralised Counselling & All India Quota/ Deemed/ Central Universities & ESIC)||NEET Counselling Dates (2023)|
|1st Round Counselling|
|Starting of registration, payment||20th July – 25th July 2023|
|Choice filling & locking seats||22nd July – 26th July 2023|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||27th July – 28th July 2023|
|Allotment Result||29th July 2023|
|Reporting/ joining to the allotted college||31st July to 4th August 2023|
|2nd Round Counselling|
|Starting of registration, payment||9th August-14th August 2023|
|Choice filling & locking seats||10th August-15th August 2023|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||16th August-17th August 2023|
|Allotment Result||18th August 2023|
|Reporting/ joining to the allotted college||20th-28th August 2023|
|Starting of registration, payment||31st August to 4th September 2023|
|Choice filling & locking seats||1st September to 5th September 2023|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||6th September to 7th September 2023|
|Allotment Result||8th September 2023|
|Reporting/ joining to the allotted college||10th -18th September 2023|
|Stray vacancy round 3|
|Starting of registration, payment||21st -23rd September 2023|
|Choice filling & locking seats||22nd -24th September 2023|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||25th September 2023|
|Allotment Result||26th September 2023|
|Reporting/ joining to the allotted college||27th -30th September 2023|
The counselling is comprised of following procedure:
- Online Registration: At the counselling venue, registration of candidates will be done. Candidates must have to register for counselling by showing their call letter to the university. The registration can be done by entering their personal & other required details.
- Biometric Finger Print Verification: After registration, candidates must have to go for biometric fingerprint verification process. This process can be done to ensure that candidate those appear for the counselling will be same as the one who wrote the examination.
- Image/Photo Verification: This process can also be done to confirm that applying candidates is same. If there is mismatched, candidates will not be allowed to attend the counselling.
- Certificate Verification: In this procedure, candidate’s documents will be verified by the University. It will be done to check the eligibility of the candidates.
- Counselling: Candidates who successfully complete all the verification rounds will be allotted the seats. Candidates will be called as per their rank. Candidates will have an option to choose a seat in JIPMER, Puducherry & JIPMER, Karaikal.
JIPMER Admission 2023
The admission of all the candidates is based on merit, category & availability of seats at the time of JIPMER 2023 Counselling. Candidates will have to report at the allotted college on due date given in their admission letter to complete their JIPMER admission procedure 2023.
In case, the competent authorities find that admission will be offered on the basis of wrong documents/information, then candidate’s admission will be cancelled. Candidates will have to pay their admission fee to confirm their seats. Otherwise, the seat will be allotted to the next candidate.
Here, we are providing distributions of seats according to the categories:
|Category||JIPMER, Puducherry||JIPMER, Karaikal||Total|
Documents Required for Counselling/Admission
Candidates have to submit the given certificates along with one self-attested photocopies at the time of JIPMER Counselling/ Admission 2023:
- JIPMER MBSS 2023 Hall Ticket
- JIPMER MBBS 2023 Rank Letter
- Birth Certificate
- Passing Certificate (Qualifying Exam)
- Mark Sheet (Qualifying Exam)
- Character Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Six Passport size colour photographs, etc.
If you have any other queries about JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2023, you can ask us by leaving your comments in the comment box.