JIPMER 2020 Counselling – Check Schedule, Admission Process
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Counselling will be conducted in fourth week of June 2020. It will be conducted through offline mode. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry is the authority which organizes JIPMER MBBS entrance exam. It is a national level examination. This exam will be organized for providing admission to the MBBS course offered by JIPMER, Puducherry & JIPMER, and Karaikal. Total 200 seats will be made available for MBBS programme. In this article, we have updated complete information about JIPMER Counselling 2020.
JIPMER Counselling 2020
The University will release the list of candidates those who qualify for counselling. Candidates will be shortlisted for the counselling on the basis of the entrance exam scores.
The counselling will be organized in four rounds through offline mode. Candidates, those who will be called for the counselling will have to report at the counselling center at a given date & time stipulated in the call letter.
Candidates should download their rank letter from the website in order to participate in the counselling. No individual call letter will be sent to the candidates through offline mode.
JIPMER Cut Off 2020 will be published after the result announcement. It will be released in the month of June 2020. Cut off will be the minimum marks student have to obtain to clear the examination.
On the day of counselling, Biometric fingerprint & image verifications of the candidate will be done. Candidates will have to present physically on the day of counselling. In the counselling, the seat first will be filled by the General (UR) & Orthopedically Candidates (OPH).
In each category, the total number of candidates will be called for counselling 10 times the number of seats available. In case, candidates will not opt/chosen course/college in the first round of counselling. They will be eligible to attend second round of counselling. It will be held only in case of seat vacant.
JIPMER 2020 Counselling Schedule
Candidates must check here the counselling schedule of JIPMER MBBS 2020:
|Counselling Round||Tentative Dates (2020)|
|1st Counselling||4th week of June|
|2nd Counselling||4th week of July|
|3rd Counselling||3rd week of August|
|Final Counselling||4th week of September|
|Admission formalities, Issue of Admission Letter & Letter for Hostel accommodation||4th week of September|
|Commencement of Course||1st week of October|
|Closing of Admission||1st week of October|
The counselling will be comprised of following procedure:
- Online Registration: At the counselling venue, registration of candidates will be done. Candidates will have to register for counselling by showing their call letter to the university. The registration will be done by entering their personal & other required details.
- Biometric Finger Print Verification: After registration, candidates will have to go for biometric fingerprint verification process. This process will be done to ensure that candidate those appear for the counselling will be same as the one who wrote the examination.
- Image/Photo Verification: This process will be also done to confirm that applying candidates is same. If there is mismatched, candidates will not be allowed to attend the counselling.
- Certificate Verification: In this procedure, candidate’s documents will be verified by the University. It will be done to check the eligibility of the candidates.
- Counselling: Candidates who successfully complete all the verification rounds will be called for seat allotment. Candidates will be called as per their rank. Candidates will have an option to choose a seat in JIPMER, Puducherry & JIPMER, Karaikal.
JIPMER Admission 2020
The admission of all the candidates will be based on merit, category & availability of seats at the time of JIPMER 2020 Counselling. Candidates will have to report at the allotted college on due date given in their admission letter to complete their JIPMER admission procedure 2020.
In case, the competent authorities find that admission will be offered on the basis of wrong documents/information, then candidate’s admission will be cancelled. Candidates will have to pay their admission fee to confirm their seats. Otherwise, the seat will be allotted to the next candidate.
Here, we are providing distributions of seats according to the categories:
|Category||JIPMER, Puducherry||JIPMER, Karaikal||Total|
Documents Required for Counselling/Admission
Candidates will have to submit the given certificates along with one self-attested photocopies at the time of JIPMER Counselling/Admission 2020:
- JIPMER 2020 Hall Ticket
- JIPMER 2020 Rank Letter
- Birth Certificate
- Passing Certificate (Qualifying Exam)
- Mark Sheet (Qualifying Exam)
- Character Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Six Passport size colour photographs
If you have any other queries about JIPMER Counselling 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comments in the comment box.