Karnataka PGCET 2020: Answer Key (Out), Dates, Result, Counselling
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Answer key has been released on 20th October 2020. The exam has been conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test is a state level entrance test held every year. This entrance exam is organised for those aspirants who are seeking admission for full time/ part time courses of MBA/ MCA/ ME/ M. Tech/ M. Arch in various institutions and affiliated universities located in the state of Karnataka. Candidates can go through this article to get detailed information related to Karnataka PGCET 2020 dates, admit card, pattern, syllabus etc.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Notifications – Answer Key Released
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Answer key has been released on 20th October 2020. Check here for answer key details.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Exam will be organized in first week of July 2021. Check complete details regarding Karnataka PGCET 2021 here.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Exam Dates
Students can check below official Karnataka PGCET Exam dates for various events:
|Events||Dates 2020 (Announced)|
|Online Registration Starts||16th September (Re-started) 2020|
|Online Registration Close||21st September 2020|
|Application Correction starts||24th to 25th September 2020|
|Hall Ticket||8th October 2020|
|Exam Date||13th & 14th October 2020|
|Releasing of Answer key||20th October 2020|
|Declaration of Result||–|
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Answer Key
KEA PGCET 2020 Answer Key has been released on 20th October 2020 after the completion of entrance exam. Candidates can download answer key by online mode. Candidates can also file their objections regarding the answers till 24th October 2020 after publishing Karnataka PGCET answer key along with supporting documents and justification.
Admissions Closing Shortly
Candidates who will file their objections without justification shall not be considered. Objections received after the last date will not be considered by the board.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Result
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Result will be published in third week of October 2020. Candidates can view their Karnataka PGCET result with the help of their roll number provided at the time of registration. Merit list will be separately released for all courses which will be prepared based on the marks secured by the candidates in the entrance test.
If any candidate scores a rank but not qualified the cut off marks, he/she will not be eligible for the admission. If two or more candidates found same, then tie breaking criteria will be used. If tie still persists, then their marks of qualifying examination will be considered. If still tie exists then the older candidates will get preference i.e. elder candidates will come before younger. Reservation is applicable only for the candidates who are resident of Karnataka state.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling will be held online in the first week of November 2020. Candidates need to be aware regarding exact dates of counselling through online mode.
The Candidates need to verify their documents for document verification and then select their college and course as per their preference.
The documents required for the Karnataka PGCET Counselling are listed below:
- 10th class certificate
- 12th class certificate
- Degree certificate
- Qualifying exam marks card
- Print out of online application form.
- Category certificate (required only for resident of Karnataka)
- Income certificate
- Transfer certificate, etc.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Admit Card
KEA PGCET 2020 Hall Ticket of the candidates can be downloaded from the website from 8th October 2020. For downloading the admit card, candidates need to fill their application number and password and submit it.
Candidates need to show their Karnataka PGCET admit card to get entry into the examination hall. Candidates without admit card can not allowed to appear for the entrance exam. Candidates need to preserve admit for the process of admission also for the confirmation of their candidature.
Admit card contains the details regarding the examination centre, exam time, photograph and signature of the candidates.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Karnataka PGCET Exam Pattern for the aspirants is given below:
- Exam Mode: The exam has been conducted through offline mode. Candidates need to mark their answer on OMR sheet with the help of pen.
- Total Marks: The test will be of total 100 marks for each course.
- Type of Question: All questions in the test will be of multiple-choice, One question will carry four choices.
- Language of the Exam: The paper will be in English Language.
- Duration of Exam: The exam time duration will be of 2 hours & 30 minutes.
- Marking: There will be no negative marking in the examination for wrong answers.
|Courses||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|ME/ M. Tech/ M. Arch||75||100|
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Syllabus
Karnataka PGCET Syllabus for various courses can be checked by the candidates below:
For ME/ M. Tech/ M. Arch:
The Syllabus for this course will vary as per the branches chosen by the candidates. 60 questions will be from technical syllabus and remaining will be from Arithmetic and Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English.
The Syllabus of MBA will consist of questions from English grammar, vocabulary and literature section. There will also be question from General Knowledge, Reasoning and General Intelligence and Quantitative analysis.
The MCA syllabus will consist of questions from General Awareness, General English, Analytical ability and Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and Mathematics.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Preparation Tips
Check below various Karnataka PGCET preparation tips for the exam appearing candidates to know methods for achieving good score in the entrance test:
- Candidates are advised to cover topics as per the given syllabus. Candidates must go through the syllabus and exam pattern prescribed by the board.
- Candidates must make notes for the exam to revise various topics in an easier way.
- Candidates can prepare by solving last year question papers which they can purchase or can download online.
- Candidates must attempt various mock tests to enhance their preparation level.
- Students must study for the exam from good sources of study materials.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Application Form
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Application Form details regarding the application form is given below:
- The Application Form for Karnataka PGCET 2020 has been released on 15th June 2020.
- Application form has been re-started from 14th August to 20th August 2020.
- Candidates need to online register themselves by entering their name, course for which they are applying, date of birth and other required information.
- After registering, students have to fill various details, upload the required documents and make fee payment.
- Candidates must keep ready the scanned images of photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- Before paying the fee, students have to verify complete details and then submit the form. No correction will be allowed after final submission of the form.
- Students must fill details in the application form carefully. The authority may or may not provide any correction facility.
- Last date to fill the application form is till 7th July 2020.
- Candidates must take print out of the form for further use. Candidates are advised to keep the application form safely as it will be needed during the counselling and admission process.
- General Candidates have to pay Rs. 650 and reserved candidates (ST/ SC & Category -1 of Karnataka candidates only) have to pay Rs.500 as application fee.
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay their fee only through offline mode via Challan at any State Bank of Mysore Branch. Also, the fee can be paid through e-payment at any post office.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Karnataka PGCET Eligibility Criteria for the various courses is given below:
- Nationality: Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Domicile: Candidates belonging to Karnataka state must have domicile of Karnataka.
- Other State candidates: Non- Karnataka candidates can apply but they can select only the seats surrendered by the management if any, for admission into MBA/ MCA.
For MBA Course:
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must hold Bachelor’s degree with minimum three year of duration in any discipline.
- Marks Required: Candidate must have scored 50% minimum aggregate marks in graduation degree and 45% marks for reserved category candidates.
For MCA Course:
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have passed UG degree with Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer.
- Marks Required: Candidate must have secured 50% marks in graduation if he doesn’t belong to reserved category and for reserved category 45% marks are required.
- Subjects: Student must have passed graduation degree with Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Programming, Computer Application, Business Mathematics and Business Statistics as one of the subjects in graduation level.
For M. Tech/ M.E /M. Arch Course:
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have passed B. Tech/ B.E/ M. Sc or equivalent degree to be eligible. Candidates passed the qualifying exam from Aeronautical Society of India and Associate Membership Examination of Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication (AMIET) are not eligible for admission into M.Tech.
- Marks Required: Candidate must have secured minimum of 50% marks (45% for ST/SC/OBC category of Karnataka state).
- GATE Scores: Candidates can apply for admission into M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Arch through valid GATE Scores.Such candidates have to compulsorily enter application online but need not to appear for the PGCET exam.
- Distance Mode Candidates: Students who have B.E degree through Distance Education mode are not eligible for admission into M.Tech.
If you have any query regarding Karnataka PGCET 2020, you can ask your query by leaving your comment below.