KCET 2020: Karnataka CET, Notification, Application Form, Exam Dates
KCET 2020 will be conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). Karnataka Common Entrance Test is conducted every year on a state level. It is organized for providing admission into the Engineering (B.Tech) & other professional courses in the state of Karnataka. Through this exam, candidates can get admission to the various offered courses in the state government and private institutions. For admission in medical & dental course, candidates have to appear in NEET exam. For admission in architecture courses, candidates should appear in NATA exam. Get complete information of about KCET 2020, candidates should go through this article completely.
Through CET, these courses are offered:
- B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering, Food Technology, Dairy Technology, Food Science & Technology)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- B.Sc (Agriculture, Sericulture, Horticulture, Forestry), B.Sc Agri Bio Technology
- B.Sc. (home science)
- B.F.Sc. (Fisheries)
- B.Sc (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op)
- AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani and Homoeopathy)
KCET 2020 Exam Dates
Check the complete examination schedule to appear in the KCET 2020.
|Events||Dates 2020 (Tentative)|
|Starting of application form||4th week of January|
|Closing of application form||1st week of March|
|Last date of payment of application fee||1st week of March|
|Application correction||3rd week of March|
|Availability of admit card||2nd week of April|
|Date of examination||3rd week of April|
|Announcement of result||Last week of May|
|Commencement of counselling||2nd week of June|
KCET 2020 Application Form
Candidates are advised to carefully fill all the details in the application form in order to avoid rejection of it.
- The authority will release the application form through online mode only.
- Candidates have to fill their personal and educational details in the application form.
- KCET 2020 application form will be available from the fourth week of January 2020.
- The application form filling facility will be provided till the first week of March 2020.
- After the completion of entry of all the details, candidates will get an user Id and password to their registered mobile number and the email Id.
- Candidates also have to upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format.
- The application form will be considered completed only after the payment of the fee.
- Take the printout of the filled-in application form at the end.
Candidates can submit the application fee through both (online & offline) modes. Candidates residing outside of India have to submit the fee through DD drawn in favor of Executive Director, Karnataka Examination Authority payable at Bangalore. The demand draft should be sent to KEA address by mentioning the application number. The application fee is given below:
- GM, 2A, 2B, 3A & 3B candidates of Karnataka origin: Rs. 500/-.
- SC/ST Category-1 & female of Karnataka candidates only: Rs.250/-.
- Candidates residing outside the state of Karnataka: Rs.750/-.
- Candidates residing outside India: Rs. 5, 000/-.
The KEA will only accept the applications of the eligible candidates. So, it is necessary to fulfill all the eligibility criteria prescribed by the official authority.
Nativity: Candidate should be a citizen of India in order to be eligible for admission.
Appearing Candidates: Such candidates are also eligible to apply. But, they have to submit the proof of passing the qualifying exam at the time of counselling.
|MBBS/BDS/Ayush Courses||Passed 12th/2nd PUC with English as one of the language subject and obtaining 50% aggregate marks in PCB (40% for reserve category candidates)|
|B.Arch||Passed 12th/2nd PUC with Mathematics as one of the compulsory optional subject and obtaining 50% aggregate marks in all subjects (45% for reserve category candidates)|
|B.Tech/BE||Passed 12th/2nd PUC with English as one of the language subject and obtaining 45% aggregate marks in Physics & Mathematics along with Chemistry/Bio-technology/Biology/Electronic/Computer (40% for reserve category candidates)|
|B.V. Sc. & A.H.||Passed 12th/2nd PUC with obtaining 50% aggregate marks in PCB & English (40% for reserve category candidates)|
|B.Pharma||Passed in 2nd PUC/12th with PCB or PCM and obtained a minimum of 45% of marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects (40% for reserve category candidates)|
Passed in Diploma in Pharmacy from an institution approved by PCI and secured minimum of 45% marks (40% for category candidates)
KCET Exam Pattern 2020
Check the KCET 2020 exam pattern and follow it for the exam preparation:
- Mode of exam: The exam will be held through offline (OMR) mode.
- Duration of exam: For each paper/subject, 80 minutes will be given.
- Maximum marks: Each paper will be of 60 marks, i.e., the total will be of 180 marks.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions will be asked in the exam.
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark.
- Negative marking: There will no negative marking for incorrect or unanswered question.
KCET Syllabus 2020
The KCET syllabus will be set by the KEA only. The question papers of the Common Entrance Test will be based on the first and second PUC syllabus prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State.
Candidates must study their subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology or any other relevant subject to the applied course.
KCET Preparation Tips
Candidates can follow the given below preparation tips for appearing in KCET 2020:
- Must go through the syllabus and the exam pattern of the examination thoroughly.
- Always study the official and to the point syllabus.
- It is also necessary to be aware with the marking scheme. It may increase or decrease your marks.
- Always do revision after you complete with your daily study.
- Make short notes of each subject to revise before 2-3 days of the examination.
- Make proper time table to study and follow it regularly.
- Maintain your health good.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
KCET Admit Card 2020
KCET admit card 2019 can be downloaded by the candidates from the second week of April 2020. The KCET admission hall ticket will be available only through online mode.
Candidates without having admit card cannot be entered in the examination hall. So, it is necessary to carry the admit card on the exam day.
Candidates must carry the government photo Id proof on the exam day to enter in the examination hall. Candidates should keep their admit card till the admission in college or institution.
KCET Answer Key 2020
After the completion of the written entrance exam, the provisional answer key will be published by KEA on their website. Candidates can get it through online mode only. Candidates can tally their answers with the help of published answer key.
The candidates or their parents can submit the objections, if any, to the “Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore” on or before prescribed date either in person or only through speed post/email along with all supporting documents.
The correct answer key will be published only after the evaluation of the published provisional answer key. It will be notified by the KEA to the candidates.
KCET 2020 Result
The KCET 2020 result will be released after the publishing of correct answer key through online mode. The result will be released in the last week of May 2020.
On the basis of performance of the candidates in the CET/NEET/NATA and the qualifying examination, the merit/rank list will be prepared and published by the KEA.
All the eligible candidates will be considered for allotment of seats in the order of their merit/rank and based on the options they have submitted.
In case of any discrepancy in the result, candidates can submit their request for changing to the KEA through email.
KCET Counselling 2020
KCET 2020 counselling will be held through online mode. It will be commenced from the second week of June 2020. At the time of counselling, the verification of documents will be done in at least 15 helpline centres across the state after declaration of results/publication of merit list.
Only upon verification of documents and issue of verification slip, candidates will be allowed to enter the options. Candidates can enter any number of options of their choice.
The candidates will be allotted the seat on the basis of availability of seats in the participating institutions/ universities. Candidates have to report the allotted college after getting the allotment letter along with the original documents.
If you have any other queries about KCET 2020, you may leave your queries in the given below comment box.