KCET 2023: Registration, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern
KCET 2023 will be organised in third week of June 2023. Karnataka Common Entrance Test is conducted by the KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority) every year. It is organized for admission into Engineering, B.Pharma, Architecture, and various other courses.
The admission will be provided in various Government and Private Institutions of the state. Admission to dental/ medical or AYUSH courses will be provided based on NEET scores. And for architecture courses, admission will be provided through NATA or JEE Main scores. In this article, candidates will get all the details from registration process to counselling about KCET 2023.
- B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering, Dairy Technology, Food Technology, Food Science and Technology.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- B.Sc. (Home Science)
- B.Sc. Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Sericulture), B.Sc. Agro Bio-Technology
- B.F.Sc. (Fisheries)
- B.Sc. (Agro Marketing)
KCET 2023 Exam Dates
Following are the tentative KCET Exam dates 2023 for the session 2023:
|Events||Exam Dates 2023 (Tentative)|
|Notification Release||3rd week of April 2023|
|Application form commencement||3rd week of April 2023|
|Application submission last date||1st week of May 2023|
|Last date to pay the application fees||1st week of May 2023|
|Application correction facility||In the month of May 2023|
|Issue of admit card||Last week of May 2023|
|KCET 2023 Entrance exam||3rd week of June 2023|
|Answer key releases||Last week of June 2023|
|Release of results||1st week of July 2023|
|Counselling process starts||2nd week of July 2023|
KCET 2023 Application Form
KCET 2023 Application form details can be checked by the students in the below given section:
- The application will be released from third week of April 2023 through online mode.
- Candidates must submit their application form with complete valid details.
- The last date for submission of application form will be till first week of May 2023.
- Candidates may submit the form online after they have filled in all of the required information correctly. In case of mistakes, students can make correction when the correction facility will open.
- Correction facility will be provided in certain details in the month of May 2023.
- Take printout of the form and keep it safe for future reference.
- The fee structure for General/ OBC candidates is Rs.500 and for SC/ ST/Women candidates is Rs.250.
- For the candidates who are from outside India fee is Rs 5000/- and for the candidates who are from outside Karnataka fee is Rs 750/-.
- Candidates may pay the application fee by submitting a challan to one of the designated banks or e-post offices.
- Upon signing the documents in the registration form, candidates will be able to download the challan.
How to fill KCET 2023 Application Form:
- Visit the online website (link will be given above)
- Register by entering asked details.
- Login with the provided login details and start filling the application online.
- Fill all the details – personal, communication, qualification, etc. in the form correctly.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature, thumb impressions, id proofs, etc.
- Pay the application fee online with the payment gateways provided.
- Take print out of the application form and keep it for future reference.
KCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
KCET Eligibility Criteria 2023 can be checked by the applicants in the below given section:
- Qualification: Students should have passed 12th level or its equivalent from a recognized board or authority.
- Appearing: Those appearing for 12th level can also apply.
- Qualifying Subjects: Students must have passed 12th level with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/ Biology from a recognized board.
- Minimum marks: In the qualifying marks, students must have secured 45% marks (40% marks for reserved categories) in PCM/ PCB subjects.
- For B.Pharma: Candidates must have passed class 12th with 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology from a recognized board. 5% of relaxation for the SC/ ST category.
- B.V.Sc. & A.H.: Candidates must have cleared 12th with 50% marks in PCB and English. 5% of relaxation for the SC/ ST category.
- B.Arch: Candidates must have passed class 12th with 50% marks. Mathematics should be a compulsory subject. Candidates must hold a valid scorecard of JEE Main (Paper 2) or NATA.
- BDS/ MBBS/ AYUSH courses: Candidates must have passed 12th with 50% marks in PCB. In 12th, English must be compulsory subject. Besides, candidates should have a valid scorecard of NEET.
KCET 2023 Exam Pattern
Know about complete details of KCET Exam Pattern 2023 in below given section:
- Mode of Exam: The KCET exam will be held in offline mode (Pen and Paper-based) exam.
- Type of Questions: Question papers contain multiple-choice questions having four alternatives.
- Time Duration: The duration of the exam will be 320 minutes and 80 minutes for each subject.
- Marks: Paper will be of total 180 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer. There will be no negative marking in the exam, therefore no marks will be deducted for the incorrect response.
Know about subject wise distribution of questions & marks in below given table:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Total||180 questions||180 marks|
KCET 2023 Syllabus
The examination syllabus will be prepared and based on the 12th level and its various topics. The topics will be from various subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
The syllabus will be prescribed by the Department of Pre -University Education of Karnataka state. Candidates can the complete syllabus online on the website.
KCET 2023 Preparation Tips
Check here some effective KCET Preparation tips:
- Prepare a timetable and divide time equally for all subjects.
- Check out the prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Take help from the best book and study materials available.
- Practice the previous year’s question paper and sample paper.
- Include every single topic of the syllabus in your preparation.
- Don’t take the stress and take care of your health.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
KCET 2023 Admit Card
The KCET 2023 Admit Card will be released in the last week of May 2023 through onlinemode. The admit card is an important document which is to be carried by the candidates. It contains important information like candidate roll number, name, father name, sub-category, photograph, signature, date of birth, etc.
To download the admit card, candidates have to enter their application number and date of birth (as per SSLC/ 10th Mark card). Students must download it & keep it for future reference. No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam centre if admit card is not carried along with them.
KCET 2023 Answer Key
KCET 2023 Answer Key will be released from the last week of June 2023 through onlinemode. Candidates can calculate their marks scored in the entrance test with the help of answer key released by the authority.
If any candidate has complaints regarding the key, candidates must submit their suggestions/ objections with the organizing authority in writing along with the supporting documents.
KCET 2023 Result
KCET 2023 Result will be declared in the first week of July 2023 through online mode. For checking result, candidates have to enter their registration number. Print the result/ scorecard for further reference. The cut off will be released just after the result announcement.
A combined merit list along with the category-wise merit list will be released on the website. Test-wise ranks as per the marks secured in the test will be released declaring the qualified candidates.
KCET 2023 Counselling
The process of online counselling will be conducted in second week of July 2023. Those candidates who have been shortlisted will be given a call for the counselling process based on the released merit list in the entrance exam. During the process of counselling, document verification will be done at various counselling centres.
Candidates are required to report personally for the counselling process. The seat allotment will be done based on various factors like the scores obtained in the entrance test, seat availability, choices filled, etc.
Students have to carry certain documents at the time of verification process during admission. Some of the documents are:
- 10th/ 12th Mark sheet
- 10th/ 12th Passing certificate
- Admit Card for KCET 2023
- Scorecard for KCET 2023
- Two current passport size photos
- Caste certificate
- The printed copy of the filled application form, etc.
If you have any other query about KCET 2023, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.