KCET 2023 Exam Pattern, UGCET Marking Scheme – Check Here
KCET 2023 Exam Pattern consists of details about question weightage, type of questions, etc. The KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test) is a state level examination also called as Karnataka CET. The KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority) organises this exam for providing admission to students in engineering, pharmacy and other courses offered by various colleges in Karnataka state. It will be organized for providing admission into the Engineering (B.Tech) & other professional courses in the state of Karnataka. Here we are providing details about Karnataka CET Exam Pattern 2023.
Admission Open 2023
KCET Exam Pattern 2023
Here, we have mentioned the KCET 2023 Exam Pattern. This includes details about type of questions, weightage, exam mode, etc. The detailed exam pattern will be as mentioned below:
- Exam Mode: The KCET exam will be conducted via offline mode (pen and paper based test).
- Courses: Candidates will get admissions in engineering, technology, pharmacy, Ayurveda, homeopathy and other science courses.
- Subjects: The questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology subjects. Candidates will be required to choose only one from Mathematics & Biology subjects.
- Type of Question: In this examination, objective type questions will be asked from each subject.
- Exam Duration: Candidates will have total 80 minutes for each section. The exam will be conducted in different sessions, i.e. morning session (10:30 AM to 11:50 AM) & Afternoon session (2:30 PM to 3:50 PM).
- Language of Question Paper: The questions will be asked in English language. Students will also have an option to choose the Kannada language.
- Writing Mode: Students will only use black or blue ball point pen to mark their answers.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in this exam. In case of more than one answer for each question will be considered as a wrong answer.
- Additional Exam: Language Test (for Bangalore candidates only) and Agriculture Practical Test (for agriculture aspirants).
Section wise Question Weightage
Here we are providing the section wise weightage of questions in the KCET exam:
|Section||No. of Question||Marks Allotted||Duration|
|Kannada (if applicable)||50||50||60|
KCET 2023 Marking Scheme
Following are the marking scheme of KCET 2023 below:
|Physics||60 marks||No Negative Marking|
|Kannada (In case)||50 marks|
KCET 2023 Syllabus
Candidates appearing for the KCET 2023 exam must go through the syllabus for better preparation. The syllabus consist of important topics and chapters asked in the entrance exam. The Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State has prescribed the KCET syllabus. The question paper of the Common Entrance Test (CET) will be based on the First and Second PUC syllabi. Candidates are advised to prepare for various subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
KCET 2023 Preparation Tips
Candidates must go through following tips & tricks while applying for KCET examination:
- Candidates should make a proper timetable and cover each and every topic before appearing for the exam.
- To improve the speed and accuracy candidates should attempt various mock tests.
- Candidates must go through the previous papers to know the trend of questions coming in the exam.
- Candidates must note down all the important notes in one place and revise them regularly.
- Work on your weaker subjects and give more time to them.
- Do not get panic, take meditation to concentrate better on your studies.
- Take proper sleep & healthy diet.
KCET 2023 Exam Pattern tells the candidate about the exam mode, time duration, number of questions and marking scheme of the entrance test. The KCET 2023 exam will be conducted on two days in four sessions for four subjects. Candidates must go through the exam pattern carefully before starting the preparation.
If you have any other queries regarding KCET Exam Pattern 2023, you can leave your queries below in the comment box.
Can I be eligible for cet exam if I not completed the diploma
I need the deleted portion for kcet exam
Can u plz provide me
Can i change my centre
For veterinary we have to take biology enough or we have to write mathematics
Total marks ? For engineering seat how manu we have to get ?
Please inform Weightage for Frist year and second year Syallbus in total 60 questions in each subject
Is mathematics required for bsc nursing ? Can I attend only pcb for bsc nursing ?
for cet exam more questions are excepted from the class 11th or 12th
Where is the center of examination. And what is the passing percentage.
What is average marksto be score in all the sections
When form is coming out
So far there is no confirm dates for it but we will let you know whenever authority will release anything related.
Help to download the KCET Examination form plz
I want to know how many marks questions from 11th and how many from 12th std fir kcet? What is the ratio?
Can we write both K-CET and JEE
iam from AP VIJAYAWADA where i have to write kcet IN VIJAYAWADA or KARNATAKA 2021
iam studying inter 2nd year iam from ANDHARA PRADESH..can i have any chance to write kCET
My daughter studying in Bangalore since 2016.is she eligible for KCET2001. Mother tongue not Kannada.
I am preparing for NEET but I also want to appear for CET then will Maths be optional for me and what about the syllabus
Can I pls get chapter wise weightage of pcm(kcet)
Can I attempt all 4 subjects