KEAM 2019 Exam Pattern, Exam Date, Marking Scheme, Syllabus
KEAM exam pattern 2019 gives information about marking scheme, question paper type, paper mode and exam duration. The KEAM 2019 exam is conducted by CEE (Commissioner of Entrance Examination). It is a state level examination. Through this exam, candidates can get admissions to students in engineering & pharmacy courses offered by different colleges and institutions of the Kerala state. Exam authority will not conduct any entrance examination for Medical, B. Arch and Allied Courses. Candidates can get admission in Architecture courses through NATA 2019 scores. For Medical courses candidates can get admission through NEET 2019 scores. Through this article, candidates can check information related to KEAM 2019 Exam Pattern.
KEAM Exam Pattern 2019
The written exam of KEAM 2019 will be conducted on 2nd & 3rd May 2019. The exam pattern complete details are mentioned below:
- Course: KEAM will be conducted for admission to engineering courses and pharmacy.
- Number of Papers: There will be 2 papers for engineering.
- Language: The KEAM 2019 exam will be held in English language only. Instructions in the paper will be given in English language.
- Exam Dates: The exam will be held on 2nd & 3rd May 2019 (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM).
- Papers: Paper 1 is for Physics & Chemistry and Paper 2 is for Mathematics.
- Number of Questions: There will be total 120 questions in each paper of engineering.
- Question Paper Type: This exam will contain objective type questions. Total five optional answers will be provided for each question like (A, B, C, D or E), candidates have to choose the correct option only.
- Subjects: For engineering, paper-1 will consist of Physics and Chemistry while paper-2 will be of Mathematics.
- Mode of Exam: OMR answer sheet will be provided to answer the questions. The exam is conducted in pen and paper mode.
- Duration: Total 150 minutes (2 ½ hours) will be provided to answer each paper (10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- Total Marks: The exam will contain maximum 480 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be provided in response to every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted from the total score for each incorrect answer. For un-attempted questions, no marks will be deducted, but in case of multiple answers, it will lead to the negative marking. Candidates are suggested to attempt only those questions, for which they are sure that they are correct.
Here in the table given below, we have mentioned the exam pattern of KEAM:
|Stream||Papers and Subjects||Duration||Number of Questions|
|For Engineering||Paper 1: Physics and Chemistry||Each paper is for 2½ hour (150 minutes).||Each paper has 120 questions.|
|Paper 2: Mathematics|
Note: Candidates applying for admission to B.Pharm Course will have to write Paper-I (Physics & Chemistry) of the Engineering Entrance Examination.
KEAM Syllabus 2019
KEAM 2019 Syllabus is prescribed by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE). It is comprised of Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examinations. The syllabus of KEAM consists of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. Before exam preparation, candidates should know complete details about given subject syllabus.
Candidates can check some important topics from the given section-
- Physics syllabus consist topics like Gravitation, Waves, Electrostatics, Work, Energy and Power, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current, Atomic Nucleus etc.
- Mathematics syllabus includes topic like Statics, Calculus, Algebra, Trigonometric, Geometry and much more.
- Chemistry syllabus includes topics as Thermodynamics, Hydrocarbon, Solutions and States of Matter etc.
If you have any other queries related to KEAM Exam Pattern 2019, you can ask us by commenting below in the comment box.