KVPY 2018: Result, Cut-off, Selection Procedure, Admission
KVPY 2018 Final Result has been released on 24th April 2019. The exam is organized by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc). Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a national level fellowship programme. Department of Science and Technology, Government of India has started this programme in 1999. It is conducted to provide scholarship upto pre-Ph.D level to the selected candidates. The selection will be based on the aptitude test & interview managed by the IISc. Answer Key has been released. Here, we have mentioned the complete information about KVPY 2018.
KVPY 2018 Notifications – Final Result Released
KVPY 2018 Final Result has been declared on 24th April 2019. Check here for result details.
KVPY 2018 Interview Schedule & call letter has been released. Check here for counselling details.
KVPY 2018 Question papers along with tentative answer key has been released. Check here for answer key details.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
KVPY Exam Dates
In the given table, we are providing the official schedule of KVPY 2018.
|Online Application Form Issued||11th July 2018|
|Last Date of Form Filling||31st August 2018 (5:00 PM)|
|Last date to pay fee (registered candidates)||7th September 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||13th October 2018|
|Exam Date||4th November 2018|
|Provisional Answer Key Release||10th November 2018|
|Result Announcement||21st December 2018|
|Interview Round||As per schedule|
|Final Result Declare||24th April 2019|
KVPY Selection Process
Candidates was called for the selection procedure on the basis of their performance in the KVPY Aptitude Test. The selection process includes interview round. The interview round was held in the last week of January 2019. Candidates was informed about interview dates, time & venue through email/website. After the successful completion of the entrance exam & interview round, the scholarship will be provided to the successful candidates.
Documents Required at the time of Interview
Candidates have to bring the following documents along with the interview call letter:
- KVPY 2018 Application Form
- KVPY 2018 Interview Call Letter
- KVPY 2018 Admit Card
- 10th & 12th Original Marks Sheet
- Category Certificate
- A Self-Appraisal form
- Study certificate form
KVPY Result 2018
Candidates can check their results on 21st December 2018 through online mode. The KVPY result has been announced by the officials. After the declaration of the result, the provisional list of shortlisted candidates is also published for further process. Keep the print copy of the result of the selection process.
KVPY Cut-Off 2018
The cut-off list will be published by the authority after the result declaration. The cut-off will be released through online mode. The qualifying marks to clear the KVPY exam is given below:
|Stream||Qualifying Marks out of 100|
|PwD (Person with disability)||40|
|PwD (Person with disability)||34|
|PwD (Person with disability)||40|
KVPY is national level scholarship program administrated by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc). It is conducted to offer scholarship upto pre-Ph.D level to the selected candidates. The examination will be conducted in the month of November 2019.
KVPY Answer Key 2018
The exam conducting authority has been released the KVPY 2018 answer key for all the three streams, i.e., SA, SB, SX. Along with answer key, the candidates can also download the question paper of respective stream.
The answer key has been released on 10th November 2018. Answer key contains the solutions of all the questions asked in the examination.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
KVPY Registration 2018
Candidates are able to fill & submit the KVPY application form 2018 through online mode. The application form details are given below.
- There is no other mode to fill the application form.
- Candidates can register for the KVPY exam from 11th July 2018.
- The last date for KVPY 2018 Registration will be 31st August 2018.
- Candidates have to fill their personal and academic details, choose test centre & upload photograph, signature & other certificates as applicable.
- Before filling the KVPY registration form, candidates must read the instruction carefully.
- Keep the printout of the filled application form for future use.
Candidates can submit the application fee through online (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking) mode. The application fee is Rs. 1000 for General category & Rs. 500 for SC/ST/PwD category).
The eligibility criteria are given below:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
For Stream SA:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates who studied in Class 11th (science stream) must apply for this exam.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to pass class 10th with Mathematics & Science subjects & secure minimum 75% marks (65% marks for SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate.
For Stream SX:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates, those studied in class 12th (science subjects) can apply.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to score minimum 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate in Mathematics & Science subjects (PCB) in Class 12th. Candidates also have to obtain at least 75% marks (65% marks in case of SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate in class 10th.
For Stream SB:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates who enrolled in 1st year of the UG programme in Basic Science (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology) leading to B.Sc/BS/B.Math./B.Stat./MS/Int. M.Sc) can apply for this exam.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to score at least 60% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/PwD category) in 10+2 examination.
KVPY Admit Card 2018
The KVPY 2018 Admit Card has been issued by the exam conducting authority through online mode.
Candidates can download their admit card from 13th October 2018. Candidates can get their KVPY Hall Ticket by using their “USER ID” & “Password”.
The admit card contain the name of the candidate, roll number, exam center venue, exam date & time, category, etc.
The exam pattern complete details are given here:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through online (computer based test) mode.
- Language: The exam will be conducted both in English & Hindi Language.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the examination will be three hours.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will be objective type.
- No. of Papers: The question paper will come in two sections: PART I & PART II.
- Marks: The question paper will be total 100 marks.
- Marking Scheme: In PART I, one mark will be given to the candidates for correct answer. In PART II, two marks will be awarded for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: In PART I, 0.25 marks will be deducted for incorrect answer. In PART II, 0.5 marks will be deducted for wrong response.
KVPY Syllabus 2018
The syllabus of KVPY 2018 is consist of the PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology) Subjects. KVPY 2018 Syllabus is comprised of the topics & chapters of the Class 10th/11th/12th/1st year of B.Sc/BS/B.Stat/B.Math/MS/Int. M.Sc. There is no prescribed syllabus for this exam.
How to Prepare for KVPY 2018
Some preparation tips for the examination:
- It is very important to know the complete syllabus & exam pattern.
- Manage the time in such a way to give equal attention to each subject.
- Solve last year question paper, practice mock test & sample paper.
- Maintain your health & stay fit & healthy.
- Choose best books & study material.
- On the last movement, revision is the best.
The examination will be organized in the following cities:
- East: Patna (Bihar), Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi (Jharkhand), Bhubaneshwar, Rourkela (Orissa), Naharlagun (Arunachal Pradesh), Guwahati, Tezpur (Assam), Shillong (Meghalaya), Agarthala (Tripura), Asansol, Burdwan, Durgapur, Kolkata, Siliguri (West Bengal).
- North: Chandigarh (Chandigarh), Delhi (Delhi-NCR), Ambala, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Karnal, Kurukshetra (Haryana), Jammu (Jammu & Kashmir), Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala (Punjab), Ajmer, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Sikar (Rajasthan), Agra, Allahabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh), Dehradun (Uttarakhand).
- South: Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), Belagavi, Bengaluru, Bidar, Chikkamangaluru, Davanagere, Dharwad, Haliyal, Hassan, Hubballi, Kalburagi, Mandya, Mangaluru, Mysuru, Shivamogga, Udupi (Karnataka), Hyderabad (Telangana), Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Idukki, Kannur, Kasaragod, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Pathanamthitta, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur (Kerala), Puducherry (Puducherry), Chennai, Coimbatore, Kanchipuram, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem (Tamil Nadu).
- West: Panaji (Goa), Ahamedabad, Anand, Rajkot, Vadodra (Gujarat), Amaravati, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Thane (Maharashtra), Bilaspur, Raipur (Chhattisgarh), Bhopal, Indore (Madhya Pradesh).
If you have any other doubts about KVPY 2018, you can ask your query in the comment box given below.