KVPY 2020 Exam Pattern, Stream Wise Marking Scheme – Know Here
KVPY 2020 Exam Pattern includes number of questions asked in exam, question paper type, marking scheme, etc. Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a national level scholarship programme which is run by the Indian Institute of Science. This programme is organized to encourage the students to pursue research career in the Science field. It offers fellowship to the selected KVPY Fellow to the pre-Ph.D. level or 5 years, whichever is earlier. In this article, we are providing information about KVPY Exam Pattern 2020.
KVPY 2020 Exam Pattern
Here we are providing the exam pattern of KVPY 2020 examination:
- Exam Mode: The aptitude test will be conducted through online (Computer Based Test) mode.
- Date & Shift: It will be organized on 1st week of November 2020.
- It will be started from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM for Stream SA. For Stream SB/ SX, the exam will begin from 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Medium of Question Paper: The question paper will be asked both in English & Hindi Language.
- Type of Questions: It is a multiple choice type question paper.
- All the questions are compulsory to attempt in Stream SA.
- There is an option to attempt any three sections in PART I & any two sections in PART II in Stream SB/ SX.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of the aptitude test will be three hours.
- Sections: The question paper will contain two sections: PART I & PART II.
- There will be four sections in PART I & PART II.
- Total Marks: The question paper will consist of 100 marks.
Below we have given the subject wise exam pattern for all streams:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|PART I||PART II|
|Stream SB/ SX|
KVPY 2020 Marking Scheme
The question papers of Stream SA & Stream SB/ SX will be of 100 marks. In PART I of both the Stream, one mark will be awarded for correct response & 0.25 marks will be deducted for incorrect response.
In PART II of Stream SA & Stream SB/ SX, for each correct response two marks will be given to the candidates & 0.5 marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
KVPY 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can check KVPY syllabus for some subjects in the given section:
Biology: Heredity and Evolution, Reproduction, Life Processes, Our environment, Plant Physiology, Diversity of Living Organisms, Control and Coordination in Animals and Plants, Cell: Structure and Function, Human Physiology.
Chemistry: Metals and Non-Metals, Periodic Classification of Elements, Chemical Reactions, Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties,Carbon Compounds, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Bases and Salts, Acids, Thermodynamics, Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry.
Mathematics: Geometry, Introduction to Trigonometry, Statistics, Quadratic Equations, Probability, Coordinate Geometry, Surface Areas & Volumes, Real Number, Polynomials, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics and Probability, Trigonometric Functions.
Physics: Magnetic Effects of Current,Gravitation, Thermodynamics, Applications in Daily Life, Kinematics,Sources of Energy, Reflection, Refraction, Electromagnetic Induction, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Physical World and Measurement.
For any other queries about KVPY 2020 Exam Pattern, you can leave your queries below in the comment box.