Law Admission in Maharashtra 2020
Maharashtra is the third largest state (by area) of India. It is situated in the western region of India. It shares its land borders with Telangana, Karnataka, Gujarat, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli. Maharashtra is one of the most developed states of India. Mumbai is the capital city and also a major educational hub for higher education. This state has a literacy rate of 82.34%, according to the census 2011. This state has numerous colleges and institutions which impart education in the law field. Here we have provided details about Law Admission in Maharashtra 2020.
Admission in law courses will be provided through entrance exams. Candidates have to qualify any one of the national, state and university level exam (as applicable). Some of the colleges may also give admission on the basis of merit of the qualifying exam.
MH CET Law is a state level examination organized by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra to offer admission in various law courses. Students can also appear in the CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) & LSAT (Law School Admission Test) examinations to get admission in law courses.
Symbiosis International University organizes its own entrance test SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test) for providing admission in law courses offered by SIU and its constituent colleges.
Admissions Closing Shortly
Top Law Colleges in Maharashtra
Maharashtra has some of the top law institutions of India. Some of the top law colleges in Maharashtra are Symbiosis Law School, Bharati vidyapeeth University, University of Mumbai, Savitribai Phule Pune University & many others.
Law Admission 2020
Law admission will be done through entrance tests. Candidates should check their eligibility before applying for admission. The eligibility criteria for various law courses are mentioned below:
- For admission in integrated law courses, candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Candidates should hold a graduation degree to apply for admission in LLB programme.
- There is no age limit criteria to apply for law courses.
- Candidates must have qualified the three year and four year law courses for admission in LLM course.
- In the qualifying exam, candidates must have secured minimum 45% marks for general candidates and 40% marks for reserved categories.
Firstly, candidates have to qualify the entrance test to get admission in law courses. After that, candidates have to participate in the counselling process of the respective college where they are seeking for admission.
Counselling for MH CET Law aspirants will be conducted through online mode. Counselling process will comprises of various steps like admission form filling, document verification, option filling, seat allotment, etc.
Candidates will be selected for admission on the basis of merit list, filled choices, category and seats availability in colleges.
Candidates are required to bring the original documents along with photocopies for the verification process. Documents required for verification are listed below:
- 10th Class Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- 12th Class Mark Sheet & Passing certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if applicable)
- Character Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Admit Card of the Entrance Exam
- Rank Card of the Entrance Exam
- Passport Size Photographs
- Valid ID Proof
If you have any other queries about Law Admission in Maharashtra 2020, you can leave your queries below.