MBBS Admission in Delhi 2017: NEET Counselling, Dates & Selection Process

MBBS Admission in Delhi 2017Delhi is the capital territory of the country. The average literacy rate of Delhi is 86.21%. In terms of medical education, Delhi is turning out as a trending destination to study MBBS course due to some most reputed institutions such as AIIMS. Through this article, students can check details regarding MBBS Admission in Delhi 2017.

MBBS Admission Notification 2017:

newiconCandidates can apply for admission in IPU for MBBS/BDS courses through NEET exam. The application is available now. Click here for IPU CET 2017.

Get latest news & updates for MBBS Admission in Delhi 2017 via SMS or e-mail, by entering your details below:

Oops! We could not locate your form.

Admission Procedure

For the year 2017, there will be no state or university level exam organized for admissions in MBBS and BDS courses. Students will get admission on the basis of national level examination NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test). It is mandatory to appear in the NEET exam for admissions in Medical programme.

Also Check: MBBS Admission in Delhi 2018

Entrance Exam

Central Board of Secondary Education organizes a national level examination for medical aspirants called National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET). Students willing for admission in MBBS and BDS programmes are required to appear in the NEET test for admissions.

Top Medical Colleges in Delhi

Delhi also houses some of the reputed medical colleges and universities of the country. Some top medical colleges in Delhi 2017 are All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Lady Hardinge Medical College, University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi, etc.

MBBS Admission 2017

The application form for NEET 2017 exam was released in the 31st January 2017. The last date for application is the 1st March 2017. The NEET exam will be conducted through offline mode on 7th May 2017.

Eligibility Criteria:

• The minimum age limit is 17 years and the maximum age limit is 25 years.
  • Five year relaxation in the maximum age limit is given for reserved categories.
  • Students should have passed/appearing in 10+2 or equivalent with PCB and English subjects.
  • Indian citizen and OCI can apply for this exam.
  • Students must have scored 50% marks (for general) and 40% marks (for other reserved categories) in PCB subjects.

Selection Procedure

For admission in MBBS programme offered by various colleges of Delhi, candidates are required to clear the NEET examination. For admissions, students are required to appear in the counselling process. In counselling process, candidates can choose the list of colleges as per their rank. Seats will be allotted as per the filled choices and availability of seats. After seat allotment, candidates can proceed for further admission process.

MBBS Admission in Delhi NCR 2017

Documents Required

Following documents will be required at the time of counselling/admission:

• 10th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
  • 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
  • NEET 2017 admit card & rank card.
  • Caste certificate (if applicable).
  • Domicile certificate (for state quota).
  • Passport size photographs.

For any other queries regarding MBBS Admission in Delhi 2017, you may leave your queries below.

1. sakshi bRani says:

sir kya all india quota ke liye general caste ka EBPG certificate valid h kya

2. Nitish kalson says:

I am live in delhi and birth and study in delhi so do l need domocile certificate in delhi quota 85% please answer me

3. Avinashi says:

I have done my 11 and 12 from delhi but has caste certificate and domicile of uttar pradesh am i be elegible for admission in mamc or ucms,does the same apply to ip universty.

4. debapriya samanta says:

Hello..i have got 71%tile in neet 2017…i am a domicile of Maharashtra…can u please tell me the admission procedure for private colleges in delhi…and am i eligible for ipu registration?… Pls reply asap..

5. MM says:

Neet 2017 ST cat. score 129 ,any chances for MBBS or BDS seat in govt institute

6. Tanya verma says:

My percentile score is 84 in neet 2017 n i have got 301 marks… in which government college i can apply for mbbs admsn in delhi n i belong to OBC category

7. Sudhir Kumar says:

Pl tell when the counselling for 85% seats reserved for Delhi domicile candidates will start. Will DU, IPU and Jamia Hamdard conduct separate counselling as before or the Delhi Govt or an authority authorised by it will conduct centralised counselling? Pl do not answer / link it with the counselling being conducted by the DGHS w.e.f. 3rd july which is only for 15% all India seats.

8. Jeena says:

I am from Manipur and my daughter has passed out from a school in Delhi. Can she apply in Delhi medical colleges and also in Medical college in Manipur since me and my husband are domicile of Manipur?

9. Sonali says:

Plz tell me abt the counselling date for MBBS and how can I apply for my counselling .I crack neet by 68% .which college is suitable for me.

10. vrinda sharma says:

Hello
    I have secured 86 percentile in neet and score is 315 .I appeared by NRI ,what are the chances of counselling
    NEET overall rank is 157007
    overall rank-136842
    category rank-69581
    How do i go about it

11. yash says:

I have got 53 percentile and 140 marks in neet 2017..i am from general category..what step should i take next for admissions in college

12. Aashish says:

Is domicile certificate really important because it is not mention in information bulletin of fmsc 2016

13. Siddiqua shaikh says:

I m from Lucknow.how many marks are required in neet to get college in Delhi???

14. abha goyal says:

my daughter has given neet2017 .is 10 class from Delhi school essential for Delhi domicile

15. Monika says:

My son has appeared for neet2017.what documents are required for Delhi domicile

16. Raks says:

My son is appearing for NEET 2017, do we require to get him registered in various medical colleges? Please mention the colleges where registration can be done, There is confusion regarding registration.

17. Sangeeta arora says:

My daughter is appearing for NEET 2017, do we require to get her registered in various medical colleges… there is some confusion …. will really appreciate if u can clear this…thanks

18. Sauvik vardhan says:

I want admission in pvt medical colleges of karnataka or maharastra but lam not dompcile of these states I am from Bihar. I have done my 12thfrom Bihar.

19. Siddharth says:

Sir I m from Delhi. N i m in general category. So is there any relaxation to get medical college in Delhi.

20. Vikas maurya says:

The admission will be based on NEXT score

21. Pravin sharma says:

Hello sir i have done I. Sc from bihar and now I want that MBBS admission so you tell me sir how I would be able to admissions in delhi and how many money will taken sir

22. raghib says:

Sir I have done my schooling from class 5th to 12th from Delhi
    But I am from other state
    Can I eligible for delhi state quota for MBBS admission after qualiying NEET 2017
    What will be my demicile

23. Jeetal . says:

In counselling process, candidates can choose the list of colleges ? How , i mean counselling gets done how ?
    And domecile certificate I don’t have as of now , although I’m born and brought up in mumbai and study in mumbai . Do i need to get my domecile certificate ?

• Mohit Negi says:

yes you can choose colleges as per your preferences. Domicile is manadatory if you want to take admission in the Delhi colleges based on NEET score.