MBBS Admission in Delhi 2017: NEET Counselling, Dates & Selection Process
Delhi is the capital territory of the country. The average literacy rate of Delhi is 86.21%. In terms of medical education, Delhi is turning out as a trending destination to study MBBS course due to some most reputed institutions such as AIIMS. Through this article, students can check details regarding MBBS Admission in Delhi 2017.
MBBS Admission Notification 2017:
Candidates can apply for admission in IPU for MBBS/BDS courses through NEET exam. The application is available now. Click here for IPU CET 2017.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
For the year 2017, there will be no state or university level exam organized for admissions in MBBS and BDS courses. Students will get admission on the basis of national level examination NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test). It is mandatory to appear in the NEET exam for admissions in Medical programme.
Also Check: MBBS Admission in Delhi 2018
Central Board of Secondary Education organizes a national level examination for medical aspirants called National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET). Students willing for admission in MBBS and BDS programmes are required to appear in the NEET test for admissions.
Top Medical Colleges in Delhi
Delhi also houses some of the reputed medical colleges and universities of the country. Some top medical colleges in Delhi 2017 are All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Lady Hardinge Medical College, University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi, etc.
MBBS Admission 2017
The application form for NEET 2017 exam was released in the 31st January 2017. The last date for application is the 1st March 2017. The NEET exam will be conducted through offline mode on 7th May 2017.
- The minimum age limit is 17 years and the maximum age limit is 25 years.
- Five year relaxation in the maximum age limit is given for reserved categories.
- Students should have passed/appearing in 10+2 or equivalent with PCB and English subjects.
- Indian citizen and OCI can apply for this exam.
- Students must have scored 50% marks (for general) and 40% marks (for other reserved categories) in PCB subjects.
For admission in MBBS programme offered by various colleges of Delhi, candidates are required to clear the NEET examination. For admissions, students are required to appear in the counselling process. In counselling process, candidates can choose the list of colleges as per their rank. Seats will be allotted as per the filled choices and availability of seats. After seat allotment, candidates can proceed for further admission process.
Following documents will be required at the time of counselling/admission:
- 10th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
- 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
- NEET 2017 admit card & rank card.
- Caste certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile certificate (for state quota).
- Passport size photographs.
For any other queries regarding MBBS Admission in Delhi 2017, you may leave your queries below.