NATA 2020 Exam Pattern, Type of Questions, Marking Scheme – Get Here
NATA 2020 Exam Pattern provides detail about the type of questions, weightage, subjects, etc. NATA Exam will be conducted in online mode. NATA is a national level entrance test. Candidates seeking for admission in B.Arch programme will be able to appear for this examination. The examination will be conducted two times in a year. Candidates can check details regarding NATA Exam Pattern including syllabus and preparation tips.
NATA 2020 Exam Pattern
A few important details regarding the NATA 2020 Exam Pattern are as follows:
- Language: Candidates are very likely to be able to get the NATA 2020 in English language only.
- Duration: The total time duration of the entrance test will be of 180 minutes (3 hours). 135 minutes for Part-A (Drawing section) and 45 minutes for Part-B (Aptitude section).
- Papers: The NATA 2020 would be conducted for Paper-1 and Paper-2.
- Number of Questions: The question paper is probably going to have a total of 50 questions in paper 2 from General Aptitude and Mathematics while Paper 1, i.e. drawing test might have 3 questions carrying 35 marks, 35 marks & 55 marks, respectively.
- Type of Questions: Paper-2 of NATA 2020 examination questions will be MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) based while Paper-1 will be a drawing based test.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative markings in the NATA 2020 entrance tests.
- Marking Scheme: There will be 1.5 marks awarded for each correct answer.
New Changes Introduced:
From the year 2019, new changes have been introduced in NATA. These changes are:
- The examination will be conducted two times in a year. It will be organized on 19th April 2020 (first session) and 31st May 2020 (second session).
- For exam duration, 45 minutes will be provided for aptitude section and 135 minutes will be given for drawing section.
- A national level centralized counselling may be conducted for admission in architecture courses.
- Arts stream candidates are also eligible to apply for NATA 2020, if they qualify the mathematics, physics and chemistry as additional exams conducted by the CBSE board.
NATA 2020 Section-wise Pattern
In the table given below, we have provided the section wise pattern & marking scheme for NATA 2020:
|Subject||Questions||Marks||Mode of Exam|
|Drawing Test||3||125||Paper & Pencil|
Test on Scientific ability and
General Aptitude & Logical Reasoning
NATA 2020 Syllabus
Given below is the NATA 2020 syllabus for its entrance examination:
- Statistics and Probability
- Application of Calculus
- Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry
- Coordinate geometry
- Theory of Calculus
- Permutation and combination
- Mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal) & Analytic Reasoning.
- General awareness of national/ international architects and famous architectural creation.
- Objects, texture related to architecture and built environment.
- Interpretation of pictorial compositions
- Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing. Visualizing different sides of 3D objects.
- Understanding of tautology, converse, contradiction and contrapositive.
- Statements, logical operations like and, or, if and only if, implies, implied by.
Sets and Relations:
- Definition and elementary examples.
- Venn diagram, De Morgan’s Laws, Relation and its properties. Equivalence relation.
- Idea of sets, subsets, power set, complement, union, intersection and difference of sets.
- Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms.
- Perspective drawing, sketching of urban scape and landscape.
- Understanding of scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape.
- Aesthetics, building forms and elements, color texture, harmony and contrast.
- Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes.
- Generating plan, elevation, and 3D views of object.
- Conceptualization and visualization
- Drawing of patterns- both geometrical and abstract
NATA Preparation Tips 2020
Given below are a few NATA 2020 preparation tips that will help the aspiring candidates in their preparation process:
- The candidates must complete the entire syllabus without skipping any part.
- The candidates must only refer to relevant books and study materials of latest editions.
- The candidates should practice on old question papers and mock tests.
- Make short notes and keep refereeing to those notes.
- The candidates should keep revising the concepts for gaining clarity.
The Candidates must be aware of the Exam pattern of the NATA 2020 in advance as it will help them getting knowledge regarding the structure of the question paper.
It can help them deciding on how to prepare for the exam. The exam pattern gives knowledge about the number & type of questions, subjects, marking scheme, etc.
If you have any other queries regarding NATA 2020 Exam Pattern, then you can ask your queries in the comment box below.