NATA 2022 Syllabus, Subject Wise Syllabus – Know Syllabus Here
NATA 2022 Syllabus has been prescribed by the Council of Architecture (COA), Delhi. NATA is a national aptitude test conducted three times in a year to measure the ability of the candidate in the field of Architecture. Through this entrance test, candidates will get admission in B.Arch course in various government and private institutions. In this article candidates can go through the details related to NATA Syllabus 2022.
Admission Open 2022
NATA 2022 Syllabus
The detailed syllabus of NATA 2022 for various subjects is given below:
- Algebra: Definitions of A. P. and G.P.; Summation of first n-terms of series ∑n, ∑n²,∑n3 ;
Arithmetic/Geometric series, General term; A.M., G.M. and their relation; Infinite G.P. series and its sum.
- Matrices: Concepts of m x n (m ≤ 3, n ≤ 3) real matrices, operations of addition, scalar multiplication and
multiplication of matrices. Transpose of a matrix. Determinant of a square matrix. Properties of
determinants (statement only). Minor, cofactor and adjoint of a matrix. Nonsingular matrix. Inverse of a
matrix. Finding area of a triangle. Solutions of system of linear equations. (Not more than 3 variables).
- Logarithms: Definition, General properties & Change of base.
- Coordinate Geometry: Distance formula, condition of collinearity of three points in a plane, section formula, Polar coordinates, area of a triangle, transformation from Cartesian to polar coordinates and vice versa, Equation of lines indifferent forms, Parallel transformation of axes, Slope of a line, concept of locus, elementary locus problems, Condition of perpendicularity and parallelism of two lines, angle between two lines, Distance between two parallel lines.
- Distance of a point from a line, Lines through the point of intersection of two lines, Condition that a general equation of second degree in x, y may represent a circle,Equation of tangent, Equation of a circle in terms of endpoints of a diameter, Equation of a circle with a given center and radius, normal and chord, Parametric equation of a circle, Intersection of a line with a circle, Equation of common chord of two intersecting circles.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometric functions, formulae involving multiple and sub multiple angles, addition and subtraction formulae, general solution of trigonometric equations, Properties of triangles, inverse trigonometricfunctions and their properties
- Theory of Calculus: Functions, limit, continuity, chain rule, derivative of implicit functions and functions defined parametrically, composition of two functions, derivative, Integration as a reverse process of differentiation, Integration by parts, Integration by substitution and partial fraction, inverse of a function, indefinite integral of standard functions, Definite integral as a limit of a sum with equal subdivisions.
- Properties of definite integrals, Fundamental theorem of integral calculus and its applications, solution of homogeneous differential equations, Formation of ordinary differential equations, linear first order differential equations, separation of variables method.
- Dimensional Co-ordinate Geometry: Direction cosines and direction ratios, equation of a straight line, distance between two pointsand section formula, equation of a plane, distance of a point from a plane
- Permutation and Combination: Permutation of n different things taken r at a time (r ≤ n), Permutation of n things not all different, Combinations of n different things taken r at a time (r ≤ n),Basic properties, Permutation with repetitions (circular permutation excluded), Combination of n things not all different, Problemsinvolving both permutations and combinations
- Application of Calculus: Conditions of tangency, Determination of monotonicity, Tangents and normals, maxima and minima, Geometric interpretation of definite integral as area, calculation of area bounded by elementary curves and Straight lines, Differential coefficient as a measure of rate, Motion in a straight line with constant acceleration, Area of the region included between two elementary curves
- Statistics and Probability: Mean, variance and standard deviation, frequency distribution, Measure of dispersion, Addition and multiplication rules of probability, conditional probability and Bayes’ Theorem, independence of events, repeated independent trails and Binomial distribution
Objects, texture related to architecture and built environment. Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing, Visualizing different sides of 3D objects, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), Interpretation of pictorial compositions, Analytical reasoning, General awareness of national/international architects and famous architectural creations
- Sets and Relations: Idea of sets, subsets, power set, union, intersection and difference of sets, complement, De Morgan’s Laws, Relation and its properties, Equivalence relation — definition and elementary examples, Venn diagram, etc.
- Mathematical Reasoning: Statements, logical operations like and, or, if and only if, implies, implied by; Understanding of tautology, converse, contradiction and contrapositive
Understanding of scale and proportion of objects, shape, aesthetics, colour texture, geometric composition, building forms and elements, harmony and contrast, Conceptualization and Visualization through structuring objects in memory, Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, rotation,subtraction, surfaces and volumes.
Generating plan, elevation and 3D views of objects, Drawing of patterns (geometrical/abstract), Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms, Perspective drawing, Sketching of urban & landscape, Day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory.
If you have any query about NATA 2022 Syllabus, you can ask your query in the comments section below.