NDA 2019: Answer Key, Result, Cut Off, Counselling, Selection Criteria
NDA (I) 2019 Result will be released soon. The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts the NDA 2019 examination. It is a national level entrance test. The UPSC NDA exam is conducted to recruit candidates in the Army, Navy and Air Force. This exam is conducted two times in a year, i.e. NDA I and NDA II. It is a two tier examination, after qualifying the written test candidates will also have to clear the SSB interview round. Answer key has been released. Here we are providing details about NDA 2019 examination including notification, application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
NDA 2019 Notifications – Answer Key Released
NDA (I) 2019 Result will be released soon. Check here for result details.
NDA (I) 2019 Answer key has been released by various coaching institutions. Check here for answer key details.
NDA 2019 Exam Date
The official UPSC NDA 2019 dates been announced now. Here students can check the official dates of NDA exam:
|Events||NDA I||NDA II|
|Release of notification||9th January 2019||7th August 2019|
|Application form available||9th January 2019||7th August 2019|
|End date to submit the application||4th February 2019||3rd September 2019|
|Admit card release||29th March 2019||1 or 2 weeks before the exam|
|Exam date||21st April 2019||17th November 2019|
|Declaration of result||May 2019||November 2019|
NDA Answer Key 2019
The answer key has been released through online mode. NDA 2019 answer key has been published by the various institutions.
The answer key is not published officially. It has been released by various coaching institutions. Through answer key, candidates can calculate their rough marks.
NDA Result 2019
The result of NDA written exam will be checked through online mode. Below we are providing the details about NDA 2019 result:
- UPSC NDA result 2019 will be announced within a month after the completion of examination.
- Result will be published in the PDF format.
- The result will contain the roll numbers of the qualified candidates of NDA written exam.
- Candidates, who will qualify the written test, have to appear for the SSB interview round.
ADMISSION OPEN 2019
NDA 2019 Cut Off
The cut off will be published through the website. Here we have provided details about the NDA cut off 2019:
- The cut off will be the minimum marks needed by the candidates to qualify the written test or interview.
- Cut off will be different for both rounds.
- Candidates will be able to check the cut off within a week after the declaration of result.
- The previous year cut off for written stage is 342
- The final cut off for finally Recommended Candidates is 708
NDA is conducted twice in a year by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). NDA entrance exam is a gateway for the candidates those wants to join Indian Army, Navy and Air Force. This national level test is conducted as NDA I and NDA II in the months of April and November. Candidates have to first qualify the written test with the minimum qualifying marks and then appear for the SSB Interview round to get entry into NDA.
Selection Procedure (SSB Interview)
- Candidates who will shortlisted after qualifying the written test have to go through the SSB interview round.
- The NDA SSB interview will comprise of two stages, i.e. stage 1 and stage 2.
- In stage 1, candidates will have to clear the OIR (Officer Intelligence Rating) and PP & DT (Picture Perception & Description Test).
- Candidates will be selected for stage 2 on the basis of candidate’s performance in the OIR and PP & DT tests.
- Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference will be conducted in the second stage.
- SSB interview round will be conducted over four to five days.
- After being recommended at the SSB, candidates will have to go through the medical examination round.
NDA 2019 Admit Card
Eligible candidates are able to download the admit card before one or two weeks from the examination. Here we are providing details about NDA 2019 admit card:
- NDA hall ticket has been released on 29th March (for NDA 1) and for NDA 2 it will be released in the month of October.
- It has been provided via online mode.
- In order to download the UPSC NDA admit card, candidates must keep safe their application details.
- If any errors/discrepancy found in the admit card, contact to the UPSC officials immediately.
NDA Exam Pattern 2019
Candidates who will appear in the NDA examination should check the exam pattern for better preparations. The detailed NDA 2019 exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Type of Questions: There will be objective type questions asked in the examination.
- Pattern: The question paper will be asked in the OMR pattern.
- Mode: The exam will be conducted in pen and paper based mode.
- Answering Mode: Candidates will use black ball pen to mark their answers. Do not use Ink pen or pencil.
- Duration: Two and half hours will be given for each code, i.e. Code 1 (mathematics) and Code 2 (general ability test).
- Language: The medium of the exam will be set bilingually in English as well as Hindi.
- Negative Marking: 0.33 % marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Mathematics||300||2 ½ hours|
|GAT (Section 1- English)||200||2 ½ hours|
|GAT (Section 2- General Knowledge)||400|
NDA Syllabus 2019
The NDA syllabus will comprise of mathematics, English and general knowledge sections. Candidates can follow the NDA 2019 syllabus given below:
Concept of set, operations on sets, venn diagrams, types of matrices, operations on matrices, determinant of a matrix, trigonometrical ratios, trigonometric identities sum and difference formulae, distance formula. equation of a line in various forms, angle between two lines, distance of a point from a line, equation of a circle in standard and in general form, composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions, notion of limit, standard limits, etc.
GAT (General Aptitude Test):
English: Vocabulary, grammar and usage, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English. It tests the candidate’s understanding of English and use of words.
General Knowledge: This section contains topics from the physics, chemistry, general science, geography, current events, history, freedom movement, etc.
How to Prepare for NDA
Better preparation plays a vital role to score well in the examination. Candidates can check below some good NDA preparation tips 2019:
- Firstly, candidates have to make a smart study plan. Gather all the details about officially prescribed syllabus and exam pattern.
- Prepare a good time table for exam preparations and prepare accordingly.
- Choose the right study material like reference books to prepare for the NDA exam.
- Solve previous year question papers it will help you to know more about the exam pattern.
- Make short notes while studying and revise them at the end time of preparations.
- Make yourself fit and healthy and don’t take stress for preparations.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
NDA Application Form 2019
Before filling the application, candidates must check the guidelines to fill the application form. Here we have mentioned some major details about the NDA registration 2019:
- UPSC has provided the NDA 2019 application form through online mode.
- Application form has been released from 9th January (for NDA I) and 7th August (for NDA II).
- The registration form comprises of two parts, i.e. Part I and Part II.
- Candidates have to provide their general details in the Part I.
- In Part II, candidates have to select their exam, pay the application fee and upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
- The images should be in JPG format with photograph (3KB – 40KB) and signature (1KB – 40KB) size.
- No correction facility provided after the final submission of UPSC NDA application form.
- No need to send the printout of the application form to the UPSC.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee through debit/credit card and SBI net banking.
- Fee payment can also be done through challan of SBI bank.
- The application fee is Rs. 100/-.
- SC/ST candidates, Sons of JCOs, NCOs & Ors are exempted from the payment of application fee.
NDA Eligibility Criteria
Candidates seeking for applying in the NDA exam should check the eligibility criteria carefully. Below we are providing the eligibility criteria for UPSC NDA exam:
- A candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- Tibetan refugee who come over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- For NDA I, candidates must have born between 2nd July 2000 to 1st July 2003.
- For NDA II, candidates should have born between 2nd January 2001 to 1st January 2004.
Gender & Marital Status:
- Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA.
- Candidates must undertake not to marry until they finish their complete training.
- For Army Wing of NDA: Candidates should have qualified 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognized board.
- For Air Force & Naval of NDA and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with physics and mathematics subjects.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates have to be physically fit as per the physical standards notified by the officials.
- Candidate who has resigned/withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces will not be eligible to apply.
For any other queries about NDA 2019, you can ask us by leaving your queries in the comment box.