NDA 2020: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
NDA 2020 will be conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). UPSC NDA entrance exam is a gateway for the aspirants who want to make their career in Indian Army, Navy and Air Force. This national level test is held twice (NDA I and NDA II) every year in the months of April and November. Candidates have to first qualify the written test with the minimum qualifying marks and then appear for the SSB Interview round to get entry into NDA. After clearing the SSB round, qualified candidates will go through the medical examination and document verification process. Through this article, we have provided complete details regarding NDA 2020.
NDA 2020 Important Dates
Check below all the tentative dates for various events of NDA I 2020 & NDA II 2020:
|NDA I||NDA II|
|NDA 2020 Notification||1st week of January 2020||1st week of August 2020|
|Release of Application Form||2nd week of January 2020||1st week of August 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st week of February 2020||1st week of September 2020|
|Release of Admit card||Few days before the entrance exam||Few days before the entrance exam|
|NDA 2020 Exam||3rd week of April 2020||3rd week of November 2020|
|Announcement of Results||In the month of May 2020||In the month of November 2020|
NDA 2020 Application Form
Go through the complete details of application form of NDA 2020 below:
- The Application form for NDA I will be released in the second week of January 2020 and for NDA II in the first week of August 2020.
- The Application form will be filled in two parts – Part I and Part II.
- In the Part I of application process, candidates have to fill their basic and other important details in the form.
- In the Part II of application process, candidates are required to select their exam center, upload their photograph and signature, pay the application fee and confirm the declaration.
- After the final submission of the application form, candidates must preserve the printout of the application form, fee payment and identical photograph as uploaded in the application.
- Candidates must fill the application form carefully as no modification or correction in the application can be made after the final submission of the form.
The application fee for all the candidates is Rs.100.
However, ST/SC/NCOs/Ors/Sons of JCOs candidates are exempted to pay the application fee.
Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid by the applicants through SBI Bank Challan method or debit or credit card/net banking method.
NDA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for NDA 2020, go through the complete eligibility criterion given below:
- Applying candidates must be citizen of India/ subject of Bhutan/subject of Nepal or Refugee of Tibetan (came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle permanently in India).
- Candidate of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and east African countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with an intention of settling in India can also apply.
- All the applying foreign nationals have to produce certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt. of India. Gorkhas (subjects of Nepal) need not required to produce this certificate.
Gender, Age and Marital Status:
- Gender: Only males are eligible to apply.
- Age: Applying candidate’s age must be between 16.5 – 19.5 years. He must be born between July 2, 2001 and July 1, 2004 for NDA I. For NDA II, he must be born between 2nd January 2002 and 1st January 2005.
- Marital Status: Applying candidate must be unmarried. Candidates cannot marry until completing their training.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings (Cadet Entry Scheme): Applying candidates must have passed their 10th and 12th level exams from a recognized board or university with the main subjects of Physics and Mathematics.
- For Army Wing of National Defense Academy: Candidates must have passed their 10th and 12th level exams from a recognized board or university.
- Appearing Candidates: Those who are in their last year of qualifying year are also eligible to apply.
- As per the physical standards set by the commission for admission into Naval Academy Examination and National Defence Academy, applying candidates must be physically fit.
- Candidate resigning or withdrawing from any of the training academies of Armed Forces on disciplinary grounds will not be considered eligible to apply.
NDA 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the complete exam pattern of NDA 2020, before preparing for the written test:
- Exam Mode and Date: NDA I exam will be held in the third week of April 2020 and NDA II in the fourth week of November 2020. Exam will be conducted in Pen and Paper (offline) mode.
- Type of Questions: The questions asked in the exam paper will be of objective type.
- Total Marks: The written test will be of total 900 marks (Mathematics – 300; General Ability test – 600). SSB Interview will be of 900 marks.
- Sections: The written test will be divided into two sections – Mathematics and General Ability test.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be available in English as well as Hindi language.
- Time Duration: The time duration to complete the paper will be of 5 hours (2½ hours each).
- Marking Scheme: 33% of the mark assigned to the question will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Below in the table we have distributed the marks for each subject:
|Subject||Code||Time Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics||01||2 hrs and 30 min||300|
|General Ability test||02||2 hrs and 30 min||600|
NDA 2020 Syllabus
NDA 2020 Syllabus will contain various topics from the subjects of Mathematics, English and General Knowledge. Complete syllabus can be checked by the students by online mode.
Below we have provided various topics included various subjects coming in the written test:
Matrices and Determinants, Algebra, Analytical Geometry of two and three Dimensions, Trigonometry, Integral calculus and Differential Equations, Differential Calculus, Statistics and Probability, Vector Algebra
The question paper of English will be designed for testing the candidate’s understanding of English and workman like use of words. The syllabus covers various aspects like: Vocabulary, comprehension, Grammar and usage and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English
The question paper on General Knowledge will broadly cover topics from the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events.
Candidate’s answers will show their intelligent understanding and knowledge of the subject.
NDA 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can follow the below provided preparation tips to enhance their preparation of NDA 2020:
- Review the syllabus, pattern of exam, marking scheme of the exam.
- Prepare short notes while studying various topics. Note all the important points at one place.
- Solve previous year’s exam papers and sample papers. This will help the candidates to know the exam trends and type of questions.
- Prepare for the exams from a good study sources like books, online tutorials, online apps etc.
- Attempt online or offline mock tests to increase your speed and accuracy level.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
NDA 2020 Admit Card
NDA 2020 Admit Card for session I and II will be published few days before the commencement of entrance exams. To download the admit card by online mode, students have to enter their date of birth/roll number, registration id and other asked details.
The Admit card will contain necessary information of the candidate and the exam. It will contain the student’s name, exam centre, roll number, exam date and timing, exam centre address etc. In case any mistake arises in the details of the admit card, candidates must contact the officials immediately.
NDA 2020 Answer Key
After the results declaration of NDA 2020, the answer key will be released by various coaching institutions. Candidates will be able to access the answer key through online mode. It will be given in different sets for various subjects.
Using the marking scheme and the answer key, candidates will be able to calculate their probable score of the written test. It will give a rough idea to the candidates about their qualifying chances.
NDA 2020 Result
The Result of NDA 2020 will be released on the website after the commencement of written test and release of answer key. The result of NDA I will be published online in the month of May 2020 and NDA II in the month of November 2020.
The result will be released in the form of PDF consisting names of the candidates qualifying the written test. Candidates who are successful in qualifying the written test with the minimum qualifying marks will be considered eligible for SSB Interview round.
NDA 2020 Cut Off
The overall and sectional cut off marks will be published by the board after the declaration of results. Candidates must qualify the written test in order to become eligible for further admission process.
According to the previous trends, it is expected that the cut off for written test will be 342 and the final overall cut off will be 708.
The previous year’s cut off marks of NDA for various years are given below:
|Years||NDA (I)||NDA II|
NDA 2020 Selection Procedure (SSB Interview)
After the written test of NDA 2020, candidates qualifying the exam successfully as per the prescribed qualifying marks will be called for the SSB interview round. The SSB interview will be conducted in various rounds in five days and all the selected candidates have to appear in all the rounds.
Candidates on the first day of SSB Interview will go through psychological tests which will include – Picture Perception and Description Test (PPDT), Intelligence test and filling up of Personal Information Questionnaire (PIQ) forms.
Second day of SSB interview will include the tests related to – Word Association test, situation reaction test, thermatic apperception test and self-description test.
Third day of interview will be related to Group Discussion Test, Millitary Planning Exercise, Lecturettes, Intergroup Obstacle race or Snake race, Progressive Group Task, half group task, command task and personal interview for some candidates by the President.
The fourth and fifth day will include tests related to Individual Obstacles, Final Group Task , Interview for remaining candidates, final board conference and announcement of results.
If you have any query regarding NDA 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section below.