NEET Eligibility Criteria 2024 (Revised) – Check Age, AIQ Eligibility
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2024 has been revised by NMC. The students are suggested to read carefully the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level entrance examination for MBBS & BDS aspirants. This examination is conducted for providing admissions in various government & private renowned medical institutions & colleges of the country. Students who will completely fullfill the eligibility criteria of NEET 2024 will be able to register for the entrance exam. Candidates check here to get complete details about NEET 2024 Eligibility Criteria.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Revised
NEET 2024 Eligibility Criteria has been revised by NMC. Candidates with Biology/Bio-technology as an additional subject in class 12th are eligible to appear for the exam. Click here to view notice.
Candidates should check the eligibility before filling the NEET 2024 application form. Here, we have mentioned detailed information about NEET Eligibility 2024:
Eligibility to appear in NEET-UG:
- Aadhaar Card: Aadhaar card is not mandatory to apply for NEET 2024 examination.
|Category of Candidates||Types of permissible IDs|
Indian Nationals of all States
Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/, Class XII Roll number issued by the Board, Election Card (EPIC No.), Ration Card, Bank Account Passbook with Photograph, Passport Number or Number of any other Photo Identity Card issued by Government.
|NRIs||Aadhaar Number, Passport Number|
|Foreigners/ OCI/ PIO||Passport Number|
- Candidates must be the citizen of India.
- NRIs (Non-Resident Indians), OCIs (Overseas Citizen of India), PIOs (Persons of Indian Origin) & Foreign Nationals can also apply.
- Candidates seeking for admission in UG medical courses in abroad are required to qualify NEET exam.
- There is lower age limit for NEET. The applying candidate must have completed minimum 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2024.
- The candidates must have born on or before 31st December 2007.
- The upper age limit has been removed by NMC.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed the higher/senior secondary examination or its equivalent after a period of 12 years study.
- Subjects: Candidates must have passed the above qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology along with English as mandatory subject. Candidates having Biology/biotechnology as an additional subject are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must secure minimum 50% marks (GEN & GEN-EWS), 45% marks (GEN PH) & 40% marks (SC, ST & OBC-NCL) taken together in PCB subjects.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are in 12th standard can also apply. They must have to show the passing certificates complying with the percentage criteria at the time of first round of counselling.
- NIOS or State Open School or private candidates are eligible to apply for NEET exam as per last year High Court of Delhi order. However, the candidates eligibility depends on the final verdict of the special leave petitions filed by Medical Council of India.
Eligibility for B.Sc. Nursing:
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed 12th level exam from any recognised institutes.
- Age Limit: Minimum age limit will be 17 years as on 31st December 2024.
- Marks Criteria: Students must have passed in the subject of PCB & English individually & must have obtained 45% (40% marks for SC/ ST & OBC) marks taken together in PCB & English.
- Subjects: Candidates must have physics, chemistry, biology & english subjects in their qualifying exam.
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
- Candidate must be the citizen of India, NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & Foreign Nationals.
For J&K & Ladakh:
- Candidates from UT of J&K and Ladakh are eligible for 15% All India Quota and the candidates from respective UTs can participate like other States.
For Andhra Pradesh & Telangana:
- From 2018, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana state joins and contribute to the 15% All India Quota seats.
- Candidates from these states are now eligible for 15% AIQ seats without any self-declaration.
Eligibility for 85% State Quota Seats
All the states participating in the NEET 2024 will be able to fill their 85% seats of MBBS/BDS though state counselling, while the remaining 15% of the seats will be filled through All India centralized counselling. The eligibility for the 85% quota seats of the states are mentioned below:
- Candidates must have completed/appearing his/her 10th and 12th from the state.
- Candidate must possess a valid domicile in the state.
- Candidate should possess a residency proof of the state.
Eligibility for Seats Under The Control Of States/ Deemed Universities/Central Universities /AIIMS/JIPMER/Seats Of ESIC & AFMC Including BHU & AMU/Central Pool Quota:
- Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institution and the Government of India.
- Foreign nationals can confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical/Dental College/State.
Eligibility for Seats in Participating Bodies:
There are many other institutes/universities that will be participating in the NEET 2024, some of them includes Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Jamia Hamdard University, University of Delhi.
- The OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) may also appear the exam subject to the rules of government of India.
- The upper age limit shall be considered as per the rules of states/ universities/ institutions for those candidates, seeking admission under the control of participating Institutions/ Universities/ States.
If you have any other query about NEET Eligibility Criteria 2024, you can ask us by leaving your comments in the comment box.