NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019, Qualification, Age, 15% AIQ Eligibility
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019 has been prescribed by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The students are suggested to read carefully the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level entrance examination for MBBS & BDS aspirants. This examination is conducted for providing admissions in various government & private colleges of the country. Candidates check here to get complete details about NEET 2019 Eligibility.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Upper Age Limit Removed
As per the Hon’ble Supreme Court’s Order, Upper age limit has been removed for appearing in NEET UG 2019. Click here to view notice.
Candidates should check the eligibility before filling the NEET application form. Here, we have mentioned detailed information about NEET Eligibility 2019:
Eligibility to appear in NEET-UG
- Aadhaar Card: Aadhaar card is not mandatory to apply for NEET 2018 examination.
|Category of Candidates||Types of permissible IDs|
|All Indian Candidates||Aadhaar Number, Aadhaar Enrolment Number (EID) or Registration Number issued by Facilitation Centre|
|Indian Nationals belonging to Assam, Meghalaya or Jammu & Kashmir||Aadhaar Number, Aadhaar Enrolment Number, Registration Number issued by Facilitation Centre, Ration Card Number, Bank Account Number, Passport Number or Number of any other Identity Card issued by Government.|
|NRIs||Aadhaar Number, Passport Number|
- Candidates must be the citizen of India.
- NRIs (Non-Resident Indians), OCIs (Overseas Citizen of India), PIOs (Persons of Indian Origin) & Foreign Nationals can also apply.
The age criteria for appearing in the NEET 2019 exam is given below:
|Unreserved Category (UR)||Born on or before 31st December 2002|
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed the higher/senior secondary examination or ISCE which is equivalent to 10+2 examination Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study.
- Subjects: Candidates must pass the above qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must secure minimum 50% marks (GEN), 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC), 45% marks (GEN PH) & 40% marks (SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH) taken together in PCB subjects.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are in the 12th standard can also apply. They must have to show the passing certificates complying with the percentage criteria at the time of first round of counselling.
- NIOS or State Open School or private candidates are not eligible to apply for NEET exam.
Note: Marks obtained in math will not be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
- Candidate must be the citizen of India, NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & Foreign Nationals.
For J & K State:
- Candidates from State of J & K are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats. If they claim eligibility, they must submit online Self Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically alongwith confirmation page for the record and to present the same during counselling.
- Candidates from the States J & K can appear in NEET exam for admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University & Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune subject to the fulfillment of eligibility conditions.
For Andhra Pradesh & Telangana:
- From 2018, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana state joins and contribute to the 15% All India Quota seats.
- Candidates from these states are now eligible for 15% AIQ seats with any self-declaration.
Eligibility for 85% State Quota Seats
All the states participating in the NEET 2019 will fill their 85% seats of MBBS/BDS though state counselling, while the remaining 15% of the seats will be filled through All India centralized counselling. The eligibility for the 85% quota seats of the states are mentioned below:
- Candidates must have completed/appearing his/her 10th and 12th from the state.
- Candidate must possess a valid domicile in the state.
- Candidate should possess a residency proof of the state.
Eligibility for Seats Under The Control Of States/ Deemed Universities/Central Universities /Seats Of Esic & Afmc Including BHU & AMU/Central Pool Quota:
- Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institution and the Government of India.
- Foreign nationals can confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical/Dental College/State.
Eligibility for Seats in Participating Bodies
There are many other institutes/universities that are participating in the NEET 2019, some of them include Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Jamia Hamdard University, University of Delhi.
- The OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) may also appear the exam subject to the rules of government of India.
- The upper age limit shall be considered as per the rules of states/ universities/ institutions for those candidates, seeking admission under the control of participating Institutions/ Universities/ States.
If you have any other query about NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019, you can ask us by leaving your comments in the comment box.