NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020, Qualification, Age, 15% AIQ Eligibility
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020 is prescribed by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The students are suggested to read carefully the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level entrance examination for MBBS & BDS aspirants. This examination is conducted for providing admissions in various government & private colleges of the country. Candidates check here to get complete details about NEET 2020 Eligibility.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020 – Single Medical Exam
NEET 2020 will be the single entrance exam for admission in medical courses. AIIMS & JIPMER entrance exam also have been replaced by NEET exam.
Candidates should check the eligibility before filling the NEET 2020 application form. Here, we have mentioned detailed information about NEET Eligibility 2020:
Eligibility to appear in NEET-UG
- Aadhaar Card: Aadhaar card is not mandatory to apply for NEET 2020 examination.
|Category of Candidates||Types of permissible IDs|
Indian Nationals of all States
Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/, Class XII Roll number issued by the Board, Election Card (EPIC No.), Ration Card, Bank Account Passbook with Photograph, Passport Number or Number of any other Photo Identity Card issued by Government.
|NRIs||Aadhaar Number, Passport Number|
- Candidates must be the citizen of India.
- NRIs (Non-Resident Indians), OCIs (Overseas Citizen of India), PIOs (Persons of Indian Origin) & Foreign Nationals can also apply.
- Candidates seeking for admission in UG medical courses in abroad are required to qualify NEET exam.
- There is lower age limit for NEET. The applying candidate must have completed minimum 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020.
- The upper age limit is 25 years as on the date of examination. Candidates above 25 years are provisionally permitted to appear and their candidature is subject to the outcome of pending Petitions before the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed the higher/senior secondary examination or its equivalent after a period of 12 years study.
- Subjects: Candidates must pass the above qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology along with English as mandatory subject.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must secure minimum 50% marks (GEN & GEN-EWS), 45% marks (GEN PH) & 40% marks (SC, ST & OBC-NCL) taken together in PCB subjects.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are in 12th standard can also apply. They must have to show the passing certificates complying with the percentage criteria at the time of first round of counselling.
- NIOS or State Open School or private candidates are eligible to apply for NEET exam as per last year High Court of Delhi order. However, the candidates eligibility depends on the final verdict of the special leave petitions filed by Medical Council of India.
Note: Marks obtained in math will not be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
- Candidate must be the citizen of India, NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & Foreign Nationals.
For J&K & Ladakh:
- Candidates from UT of J&K and Ladakh are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats. If they claim eligibility, they must submit online Self Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically along with confirmation page for the record and to present the same during counselling.
- Candidates from J&K & Ladakh can appear in NEET exam for admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University & Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune subject to the fulfillment of eligibility conditions.
For Andhra Pradesh & Telangana:
- From 2018, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana state joins and contribute to the 15% All India Quota seats.
- Candidates from these states are now eligible for 15% AIQ seats without any self-declaration.
Eligibility for 85% State Quota Seats
All the states participating in the NEET 2020 will be able to fill their 85% seats of MBBS/BDS though state counselling, while the remaining 15% of the seats will be filled through All India centralized counselling. The eligibility for the 85% quota seats of the states are mentioned below:
- Candidates must have completed/appearing his/her 10th and 12th from the state.
- Candidate must possess a valid domicile in the state.
- Candidate should possess a residency proof of the state.
Eligibility for Seats Under The Control Of States/ Deemed Universities/Central Universities /AIIMS/JIPMER/Seats Of ESIC & AFMC Including BHU & AMU/Central Pool Quota:
- Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institution and the Government of India.
- Foreign nationals can confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical/Dental College/State.
Eligibility for Seats in Participating Bodies
There are many other institutes/universities that will be participating in the NEET 2020, some of them includes Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Jamia Hamdard University, University of Delhi.
- The OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) may also appear the exam subject to the rules of government of India.
- The upper age limit shall be considered as per the rules of states/ universities/ institutions for those candidates, seeking admission under the control of participating Institutions/ Universities/ States.
If you have any other query about NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comments in the comment box.