NEET Exam Pattern 2020, Marking Scheme, Syllabus, Question Paper
NEET Exam Pattern 2020 is decided by the exam conducting authority. The exam will be organized by the NTA (National Testing Agency). NEET is also referred as National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. It is a national level entrance test. This exam is an opportunity for those students seeking for admission in MBBS and BDS courses provided by top medical colleges or universities of the country. Here we are providing detailed information regarding NEET 2020 Exam Pattern.
NEET Exam Pattern 2020
The exam pattern comprises of the type of questions, number of questions, marking scheme, etc. The detailed NEET exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Exam Date: The exam will be organized on 3rd May 2020.
- Exam Mode: The examination will be conducted through offline mode (paper based).
- Number of Question: It will contain only one question paper which comprises of 180 questions.
- Type of Question: Questions will be objective type. Each question will contain four optional answers; students are required to mark the correct answer only.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be three hours (2:00 to 5:00 PM).
- Subjects: The question papers will be composed of four sections i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
- Question Paper Language: The language of the question will be English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Urdu, and Telugu.
|Section||No. of Question|
NEET Marking Scheme 2020
Marking scheme of NEET 2020 examination is mentioned below:
- Total Marks: The question paper will bear total 720 maximum marks.
- Marking Scheme: Each question will contain four marks. Total four marks will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking in this examination; one mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
- Candidates are required to use only blue/black ball point pen to mark their answers.
- Candidates note down multiple answers for one question will lead to the negative marking.
Language of the Question Papers
- Candidates can opt for Question Paper in either of the following languages such as English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Urdu & Kannada.
- The option of the medium of question paper will be exercised during form filling process.
- The option once exercised cannot be changed later by the candidate.
- Candidates, those opt the English language, the test booklet will be given in English only.
- Candidates, those opting for Hindi, the Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in Hindi and in English will be provided.
- Candidates who opted for regional languages, Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in the selected language and in English will be given.
- In case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions, its English version will be treated as final.
- The option of Vernacular languages will only be available as per following details:
|Question Paper Medium||Exam Centers|
|English and Hindi Medium||All Examination Center Cities|
|English & Assamese||Examination Center Cities in Assam|
|English & Bengali||Examination Center Cities in West Bengal and Tripura|
|English & Gujarati||Examination Center Cities in Gujarat, Daman, Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|English & Marathi||Examination Center Cities in Maharashtra|
|English & Tamil||Examination Center Cities in Tamil Nadu|
|English & Telugu||Examination Center Cities in Andhra Pradesh &|
|English & Oriya||Examination Center Cities in Odisha|
|English & Kannada||Examination Center Cities in Karnataka|
|English & Urdu||All Examination Centre Cities|
NEET Syllabus 2020
The NEET 2020 syllabus will comprise of four subjects, i.e. Chemistry, Physics, Zoology and Botany. For better preparations, candidates should prepare for the exam as per the officially prescribed syllabus. The syllabus will be notified by the MCI (Medical Council of India). The syllabus is comprised of topics from class 11th & 12th subjects.
If you have any other query about NEET Exam Pattern 2020, you can ask us by commenting below in the comment box.