NEST 2021 Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme, Mode of Exam – Check Here
NEST 2021 Exam Pattern will be prescribed by the exam conducting authority. The exam pattern includes details of exam mode, type of questions, number of questions, marking scheme, etc. NEST is conducted for admission to the candidates into 5-year integrated M.Sc. course. It is a national level entrance test. The entrance test will be organized by NISER and UM-DAE-CEBS jointly. Here, in this article we are providing complete details of NEST Exam Pattern 2021.
NEST 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates appearing in the NEST 2021 entrance test must prepare themselves according to the below exam pattern. The examination will be conducted on 14th August 2021.
- Mode of Exam: NEST 2021 entrance exam will be organized in online mode (computer based test).
- Exam Duration: The time duration to complete the examination will be 3 hours 30 minutes.
- Sections: In the question paper, there will be four sections consisting of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will be multiple choice types.
- Language: The question paper will be of English language.
- Number of Questions: Total 200 questions will be asked in the examination
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded to the candidates.
The distribution of questions for each section is given below:
|Sections||Number of Questions|
NEST 2021 Marking Scheme
The details regarding marking scheme of NEST 2021 is given below:
- The question paper will be of total 200 marks whereas candidate can score maximum of 200 marks (excluding one paper from PCMB).
- There will be no negative marking in the general ability section. However the other three sections will contain negative marking.
- The marks distribution for each subjects will be done according to the following pattern:
|Total marks scored in 4 sections||200|
NEST 2021 Syllabus
NEST Syllabus 2021 consist of topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and General Ability. Candidates have to study for only 4 subjects chosen by him. Some of the topics contained in the syllabus for each of the subjects are provided below:
General, Mechanics, Sound, Fluids, Thermal physics, Rotational Dynamics, Wave Optics, Electricity, Magnetism, Semiconductors, Capacitance, Modern Physics, Electromagnetic Induction, Ray Optics, X Rays.
Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding, Thermodynamics, Mole Concept, Solutions, Chemical Kinetics, Periodic Table, Metallurgy, d-block Elements, p-block Elements , f-block Elements, s-block Elements, Metals and Non Metals, Colloids, Coordination Compounds, Surface Chemistry, Solid State, Solutions, Hydrogen Element; Organic Chemistry-Reactive intermediates, Alkanes, Nomenclature, Alkenes and Alkynes, Isomerism, Haloalkanes (Alkyl halides), Aromatic compounds
Ecosystems, Evolution, Biotechnology, Anatomy, Genetics, Humans and Environment, Biology of Plant Systems, Reproduction, Physiology, Human Health and Diseases, Ecology, Biology of Animal Systems
Algebra, Quadratic equations, Probability, Arithmetic, Harmonic and Geometric Progression, Arithmetic, Harmonic and Geometric Means, Permutations and combinations, Logarithms, simultaneous linear equations, Binomial theorem, Matrices
The authority has not prescribed any syllabus for General Ability section. However, this section will contain questions from Science, History, Geography, English, Mathematics, G.K and Current affairs. Questions from mathematical ability of class 10th can be asked in the paper. Passage type questions of science may also be asked.
NEST 2021 Exam pattern must be understood by the candidates for better preparation of the exam. The questions asked in the entrance test will be designed by the authority to check the logical and understanding skill of the student in a subject.
If you have any query regarding NEST 2021 Exam Pattern, you can ask your query in the below comments section.