NID Entrance Exam 2021: Answer Key, Result, Dates, Cut Off, Admission
NID 2021 Answer Key is releasing soon in April 2021. Entrance exam is conducted every year on a national level. It is organized by the National Institute of Design. Through this entrance exam, the admissions are offered in Bachelor of Design (B.Des.), Masters of Design (M.Des.) and PhD in Design. The exam is conducted as prelims and mains. Admission will be provided at NID situated in Gujarat, Ahmedabad, Kurukshetra, Vijayawada and Bangalore. Candidates can check the complete details of NID entrance exam 2021 from this article.
NID 2021 Notifications – Answer Key Releasing Soon
NID 2021 Answer Key is releasing soon in April 2021. Check here for answer key details.
NID 2021 Exam Date has been released. DAT Prelims exam has been held on 14th March 2021. Check here for exam details.
NID Entrance Exam 2021 Dates
Candidates must go through the events and their respective exam dates which are given below to appear in the examination.
|Online Registration Starts||9th January 2021|
|Online Registration Closes||17th February 2021|
|Submission of form with late fee||17th to 20th February 2021|
|Edit Application Form||21st to 23rd February 2021|
|DAT Prelims Admit Card release||4th March 2021|
|DAT Prelims Exam||14th March 2021|
|DAT Prelims Result (M.Des)||April 2021|
|DAT Prelims Result (B.Des)||April 2021|
|Rechecking request on DAT prelim||April 2021|
|DAT (Mains) Admit Card (M.Des)||April 2021|
|DAT (Mains) Admit Card (B.Des)||April 2021|
|DAT Mains Exam (M.Des)||April/ May 2021|
|DAT Mains Exam (B.Des)||April/ May 2021|
|DAT Mains Result||April/ May 2021|
|Counselling Starts||May 2021|
NID Entrance Exam 2021 Result
To be considered for the merit list, a candidate must have appeared for all the tests in both the DAT Prelims and the DAT Mains.
Separate NID result score cards (digital or hard copy) will not be provided to the candidates. The result will be released through online mode.
NID Entrance Exam 2021 Merit List
Based on the DAT Prelims scores, the official authority will prepare the separate merit lists for each category. Only shortlisted candidates will be eligible to appear for the DAT Mains exam as per the schedule announced by the officials.
The merit list will be published by the officials after few days of the written examination through online mode.
NID Entrance Exam 2021 Admission
Admission to all the programmes at NID will be based on the candidates’ performance in the two-stages of Design Aptitude Test.
The candidates those will be selected on the basis of their performance will be called for the counselling. At the time of NID admission, candidates need to submit their original certificates.
After allotting the admission letter, candidates have to report the allotted campus for final admission.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
DAT Prelims will be conducted in the following cities in India are Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kurukshetra, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Thiruvananthapuram and Vijayawada
NID 2021 Application Form
Before proceeding to fill application form, candidates must go through the instructions given below:
- Candidates have to register online before filling the online application form.
- The application form has been released on 9th January 2021.
- Candidates are eligible to fill the NID 2021 application form till 17th February 2021.
- Candidates must have to upload the scanned photograph & signature.
- Application correction has been started from 21st to 23rd February 2021 through online mode.
- Reserve category candidates have to upload their relevant category certificate.
- Take printout of the filled application form and keep it safe for further procedure.
- The application fee neither refundable nor transferable.
- Candidates are able to pay the application fee through credit card, debit card (online mode).
- The application fee details are given below:
|Course||Category||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|B. Des/GPDP||General /OBC-NCL/EWS||3000/-|
|General /OBC||3000/- (discipline 1); 6000/- (discipline 2)|
|M. Des||SC/ST/PD||1500/- (discipline 1); 3000/- (discipline 2)|
|Overseas Candidates||5000/- (discipline 1); 10000/- (discipline 2)|
NID Entrance Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
All applying candidates should fulfil the eligibility criteria which are given below:
- Indian Nationals in General Category and General EWS Category candidates born on or after 1st July 2001 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Indian Nationals in Reserved Category (Other Backward Class-Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL), Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates born on or after 1st July 1998 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Indian Nationals in PwD Reserved Category candidates born on or after 1st July 1996 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Foreign Nationals in Overseas (Supernumerary) Category candidates born on or after 1st July 2001 are eligible to apply for admission
- Candidates who have passed or will appear in 10+2 in qualifying examination in the academic year are eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have passed in subjects such as science, arts, commerce, humanities, etc.
- Indian Nationals in General Category & General EWS Category candidates born on or after 1st July 1991 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Indian Nationals in Reserved Category (Other Backward Class-Non Creamy Layer (OBC- NCL), Scheduled Caste (SC) & Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates born on or after 1st July 1988 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Indian Nationals in Person with Disabilities (PwD) Reserved Category candidates born on or after 1st July 1986 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Foreign Nationals in Overseas (Supernumerary) Category candidates born on or after 1st July 1991 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree of minimum four years/Bachelor’s degree of 3 years in any stream/Full time diploma of minimum 4 years of duration in design/ fine arts/ applied arts/ architecture after 12th level to be eligible.
- The last date for submitting the provisional/graduation certificate will be till July/ August 2021.
NID Entrance Exam 2021 Exam Pattern
- No. of Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Duration of Exam: The exam will be of 3 hours.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through offline (pen/paper) mode.
- Language of Exam: The exam will be asked in English language.
- Type of Questions: The questions will be of visual & texual type.
DAT Mains for M.Des programme:
- Studio test: Total marks of the exam will be 100 & the duration will be of 3 hours. It will conducted in English language only.
- Interview: It will be conducted separately for each discipline after the studio test.
NID Entrance Exam 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus will be consisting of various topics such as Creativity, Comprehension, Knowledge and Visualization, Drawing Skills, Memory Drawing, General Mental Ability, etc.
For Studio Test, the syllabus will be comprised of the topics such as 3D Modeling, Body Language, Observation Test, Portfolio making, Creative Thinking, etc
NID Entrance Exam 2021 Preparation Tips
- Cover all the topics of the official syllabus.
- Practice various mock tests & purchase mock test from the market or internet.
- Solve previous years question papers and sample papers.
- Make short notes every day after studying and revise them regularly.
- Take healthy food and do yoga or meditation.
NID Entrance Exam 2021 Admit Card
NID Admit cards can be available for download on the NID website as per the schedule. Candidates are able to download their admit card from 4th March 2021 for prelims exam. Candidates have to download and print their admit cards.
Reporting time will be mentioned in the DAT Prelims admit card. The exact date & time of DAT Mains is mentioned in the admit card.
If you have any query regarding NID Entrance Exam 2021, you can ask your query by leaving your comment below.